[HG] HM Usage Without the Pokemon?

Within_Rhythm

Hi all,

After just five minutes of searching through different threads on HeartGold / SoulSilver Action Replay cheats, I've found five or six 80-page-long threads about people whining about the same things over and over again, and I'm too lazy to put up with another five seconds of that nonsense.

So far, I haven't seen the answer to a code I could desperately use:

Back in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen, I remember a code that allowed me to use HMs outside of battle (assuming I had the proper gym badges to use them in the first place), without the need to waste a valuable space in my Pokemon's movesets for a crappy attack I'd rarely use. Like, for instance, even though I had 6 Pokemon in my party back in Emerald, and none of them knew the HM Cut, I was still able to cut down trees blocking the way with this code. The sprite that appeared during the animation would sometimes be a black circle with a question mark in the middle, but that wasn't important to me. I just find it tedious to have to waste a space in my party to have an HM slave instead.

If you still don't know what I'm talking about, PM me and I'll send you the code for Emerald.

So, is there a similar code to this for HeartGold (or Platinum as well, since I'm going to be playing that next after HG)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm playing the USA version of HeartGold on No$GBA v2.6a.

• 12 years later...