Best way to raise your pokemon?

Dragon818

Well ive been reading this thread and i have a serperior ev trained though :S all 255 evs on both defences reason for that he came out Calm nature from the start lol his base speed will outspeed most the pokemon league's pokemon if caught up to their lvl soi though it Light Screens and Barriers i actually went in there acouple lvls the first time too and actually beat it thanks to Serperior lol made all the pokemon in my team super bulky. I woluld set up screens leech seed and giga drain when it got tough and switched out even when the pokemon league got to lvl 72s my pokemon were at 63 or so and serperior lead was still pretty good i beat 3/4 of the Elites but it was an actuall tough fight lol was fun like 10min on one fight lmao but yeah check it out when your able to breed and your serperior and make a bulky one see how you like it :D. (oh and it took a Cynthia's Milotics BLizzard pretty good even when 8 lvls below it xD)

Well ive been reading this thread and i have a serperior ev trained though :S all 255 evs on both defences reason for that he came out Calm nature from the start lol his base speed will outspeed most the pokemon league's pokemon if caught up to their lvl soi though it Light Screens and Barriers i actually went in there acouple lvls the first time too and actually beat it thanks to Serperior lol made all the pokemon in my team super bulky. I woluld set up screens leech seed and giga drain when it got tough and switched out even when the pokemon league got to lvl 72s my pokemon were at 63 or so and serperior lead was still pretty good i beat 3/4 of the Elites but it was an actuall tough fight lol was fun like 10min on one fight lmao but yeah check it out when your able to breed and your serperior and make a bulky one see how you like it :D. (oh and it took a Cynthia's Milotics BLizzard pretty good even when 8 lvls below it xD)

You... actually... specifically EV trained in-game Pokemon? Or did you use some outside influence such as Action Replay / Pokesav / Pokegen?

Truth be told, once I learned about EVs, I used to do that in-game in my Sapphire version; I would specifically avoid certain Pokemon and fight specific Pokemon and keep track of the EVs I've gained. But you see, that was my obsessive self... I wish I never knew what EVs and IVs and natures were. Now I play the game just like I did when I was little... beat whatever Pokemon in SPITE of what EVs they yield and whatnot; I just want to have fun, just like how it was back then. Ignorance is bliss after all ~

Well i did use a funny method lol i used the WPM to catch a ditto and since i ddnt wanna make the pokemon technacallly "ilegal" So i breed my serperior and gave him and everstone to keep the nature and then used the WPM to get certain pokemon to get the EV's so fighting low lvls like 5-10s at uh i think.... lvl 20 i already had like 255 cause i also used the Vitamins like carbos and stuff so it wasnt really hard just took like 1-2 hours but he ended up makin the game fun as i stated before so i like to think its worth it and even then im still trying to fight the elite four with him i think its at lvl 72 now and trying to take on the Champion lol 40mins though to get to him xD

Edited by Immabeast

Here's a srategy my friend told me to raise your Pokemon (it's also in the guide book).

Before you start, make sure you have a level 17-20 in the front of your party ready to train. Make sure it has the Lucky Egg too (obtainable in the Chargestone Cave). Run around outside a grass area until a "Shaky" grass patch appears. Use your Repel, and run into the shaky patch of grass. Most likely, an Audino would appear. Knock it out. Audino give off lots of EXP. They usally give you like 1,000. WIth the Lucky Egg (Lucky Egg times EXP for the Pokemon its attached to by 2), it gives you 2,000 EXP!!!

Audino Sniping, run up a down outside some grass, when you hear the rustle, throw on a repel, go fight the Audino, profit, rinse and repeat.

Good ol' Audino, the metal slimes of pokemon.

Also, Cinncinco offer good exp, and are findable in shaky grass near Cold Storage.

Also, ingame, Servine almost ouclasses Serperior, give it the Evolite (available before the 3rd gym) and let it learn Leech Seed, proceed to stall to death anything.

Audino Sniping, run up a down outside some grass, when you hear the rustle, throw on a repel, go fight the Audino, profit, rinse and repeat.

Good ol' Audino, the metal slimes of pokemon.

Also, Cinncinco offer good exp, and are findable in shaky grass near Cold Storage.

Also, ingame, Servine almost ouclasses Serperior, give it the Evolite (available before the 3rd gym) and let it learn Leech Seed, proceed to stall to death anything.

That's not completely true at all. Serperior is stronger and faster, the speed being crucial in many parts of the game. Also, even with Eviolite, how many Flamethrowers is Servine going to take? It certainly is not surviving Chandelure's Fire Blast, Eviolite or not. Leech Seed stall in-game is rather impractical unless you are trying to outstall someone's last Pokemon. You are better off setting up + attacking in game. I'm still not comfortable with this whole Eviolite makes Dusclops better than Dusknoir thing...

And how many flamethrowers do you incounter INGAME! the closest is Flame Burst, and that's only against Simisears. Shauntel's Chandelure is the only other pokemon iirc, INGAME who uses flamethrower. and when stalling, once you get the seeds up, you don't need to outspeed things. Clay's excadrill? LS and megadrain=death unless hax get's involved, Iris' Haxorus? same thing, INGAME most opponents have bad speed IVs or low Speed natures, or no EVs invested in them, outspeeding is easy there.

And how many flamethrowers do you incounter INGAME! the closest is Flame Burst, and that's only against Simisears. Shauntel's Chandelure is the only other pokemon iirc, INGAME who uses flamethrower. and when stalling, once you get the seeds up, you don't need to outspeed things. Clay's excadrill? LS and megadrain=death unless hax get's involved, Iris' Haxorus? same thing, INGAME most opponents have bad speed IVs or low Speed natures, or no EVs invested in them, outspeeding is easy there.

You get my point, and Chandelure uses Fire Blast apparently. N's Zoroark uses Flamethrower, Ghetsis's Hydreigon uses Fire Blast, there are surprise fire/ice moves everywhere. That Archen's Acrobatics still hurts like a monster too. And for outstalling, speed is very important, especially for a poor defensive type like Grass. Unlike competitive battling where you FORCE a switch, in-game is a different matter. Bad speed IVs or not, some things will always outpace you, and more often than not the extra muscles provided by Serperior will outweigh the benefits of an Eviolite. Servine's power is lacking for the most part. Not saying Leech Seed is bad by any means, but in-game, you're better off attacking the foe outright than stalling. Not only is it PP draining when you stall, but it also consumes time and you are stalling out a few Pokemon at most. Why bother when all you need is a set up move + a main attack? I only Coiled once and Leaf Bladed Clay's Pokemon. I'd rather set up and sweep through N's entire team rather than stall it out any day, as the latter takes more effort to do.

Training one/two pokemon at a time has always been my 'fault' sort to speak. I started playing with pokemon Red. Ever since the beginning, I would find a pokemon I liked, that worked well, and stick with it for the entire game, working with basically just that pokemon. (I used it so much that it out leveled everything I fought. So to me it was like, "If I can kill everything with just this, why change pokemon?") But now and again I would do that (With different games/play throughs) and have issues. I would run into a Gym Leader or something, that used pokemon that my main pokemon was weak against, and I couldn't beat it. All my other pokemon though, were 20 levels below the Gym Leaders, so they were no help. After a few times of this happening, I started rotating pokemon. Level one up five levels, change, rinse and repeat.

Unfortunately that gives me your under leveling problem. I'll definitely try your advice though about the forest before Chargestone, and the Cold Storage area as well. What may be slowing me down is that I'm using an Exp Share to level my weaker pokemon without fighting them, which means that even during trainer battles, my main pokemon gets only a fraction of the Exp it would if I wasn't using the Exp. Share. I may stop doing that and concentrate on 2v2 battles in dark grass.

I ALWAYS just use my starter pokemon. I recently beat the whole game (including the elite four and alder) with just my serperior. It's possible but it just takes strategy. It was fun to think of strategies and made the game much more challenging and fun. When I fought alder the first time, my serperior was lvl 95 with the moveset leech seed, growth, leaf blade, giga drain. The battle started and alders accelgor kept 2 hitting me with bug buzz. I eventually got past it and then ran into a volcarona (4x resistance to grass) and it 1 hit KO'd me every time. I eventually got past him and ran into a bouffalant with a grass immunity. Not to mention he also had a escavalier. I think most people would have given up by that point but I looked through my tm list and changed my serperiors moveset to return/light screen/growth/double team and made it hold a bright powder. i just double team spammed and growth spammed to max and then preceded to sweep his team with return. That victory felt so good.

Of course. It is good you play your own way, and I do encourage originality, so it's pretty neat. I attached the Eviolite on my Vanillish, and that allowed it to take hits a bit better than Vanilluxe. But to state Servine almost outclasses Serperior is rather asinine, don't you think? Beartic didn't use Frost Breath on Servine? Because critical hits would go through stat boosts, regardless of the amount.

Hmm the best way to train my Pokemon?

*I fight Cheren every day

*I fight Belle every Saturday

*When it's Spring, I go fight Cynthia

*I take them to the Sport Domes in Nimbasa/Raimon City

*Wild Audino on Route 13, 14, and 15 are like level 50-ish, which gives a wallop of EXP with Lucky Egg and/or Exp Share

*I never, ever use Rare Candies on my Pokemon; those things get sold for good money to me. xD

*Always give them a massage, once a day for a "reward" for doing a good job.

I believe Rare Candies are bad because you're not putting in the effort to Effort Value train your Pokemon. >:

You're pretty much giving them sugar-steroids... >.>

• 4 weeks later...

I found the easiest way was, when up to it, hang around Cestial Tower, ( I can never spell names correctly) running along the wooden bridges with a lot of basic repels and the pokemon you want to train in first slot with Lucky egg. The aim is to find audinos and when you see the grass rustling use the repel and get to it, by doing this you get about 2.5k exp every time which is around a level every 2 or 1 battles. <3 Hope this helped, Tora

• 5 weeks later...

I need help. I didn't know where else to go since I'm new here. I looked all over and tried many different AR codes for pokemon modifier and I can't find one that works. Anybody have any suggestions for me? Anything would be great.

¤KTSpinner¤

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leveling can be done many ways, such as the old, amateur way of just fighting until you are level 100. The best way is certainly to EV train. Different pokemon give out different EVs (effort values) according to their stats.

Based on how your pokemon may lack or succeed, train them for certain stats.

My way of leveling up your pokemon easily is if you traded a pokemon over wi-fi, and get a level 100, go to the pokemon league, give the pokemon you want to level up, put the level 100 as the first pokemon in your party, and battle until your all of your pokemon pass out.

For me it's simple:

1. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OWN POKEMON --- Why? Because bad trainers raise up only bad pokemon

2. As much as possible DO NOT EVADE TRAINERS --- Luckily, there are places where there are nurses

For example: Pinwheel Forest --- Outside, Resort Desert --- Near the Gate, Chargestone Cave --- 2F, Victory Road --- I'm Sure there are more.

3. If you are EXP-Go-Getters, look for Audino they're good but also consider your EV's

4. There's always the league! At your service!

5. Treat them with drinks (Fresh Water, Lemonade and the like)

Edited by ScientificPikachu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5th gen Simple Guide to Grinding.

The best way to level up Pokemon? It really depends on the Pokemon & what you're going to use it for, as well as how much time you have on your hands.

The Day Care is a good leveling option for weak Pokemon, since each step you take is the equivalent of one experience point for both Pokemon in the daycare, made even better by the long route located near them, perfect for running or riding your bike back & forth. There's the slight hassle of ridding yourself of eggs if the Pokemon deposited happen to be in the same egg group. The big issue though is that Pokemon will still learn moves while they are in the daycare, automatically making said pokemon forget the first move in favor of a newer one. This takes an average amount of time.

Nice places to do this are Marvelous, & Skyarrow bridge, or for quick leveling, the route in front of the daycare.

Rare candying is a good way to raise Pokemon, since it requires minimal effort. They're also pretty hard to come by, so it's unlikely that you could raise them that way. I Black & White, Effort Values can still be gained & lost at level 100, so you could just get around to them later through use of medicine, wings or just battling. It should be use on higher leveled Pokemon, since they technically require more Exp to reach the next level. This is an extremely quick process.

Performed anywhere, really.

Battling against trainers will net some nice exp, while battling against wild Pokemon won't win you nearly as much. Slightly more Exp is rewarded if you are under the level of your opponent, though it wont matter much. Don't worry about Evs, they can be cleared through the use of berries, allowing you to start again. This may be time consuming.

Good places for this technique are the sports dome & the Elite-4 rematches, though being stuck in the E-4 can be an inconvenience to other tasks.

Audino grinding is a slightly costly way to level up. Audino award high amounts of Exp, but they can only be found in patches of shaking grass, where there is a 20% chance the Pokemon may not be Audino. Audino are relatively weak, making an gain, but keep in mind that it is a wild battle. Repels are often used with this, since Pokemon can interrupt you before reaching Audino's patch of grass. This may be time consuming.

Usually Audino grinding is done on Post game routes where Audino are higher leveled.

Tips: The Lucky Egg given to you by the professor boosts Exp 1.5 time.

Traded Pokemon also Receive 1.5 times boosted Exp.

Evolved Pokemon give almost double the Exp of unevolved Pokemon.

Chansey may very rarely be found with lucky eggs.