B/W Editing Base Stats Possible?

• 4 weeks later...
The narc file for moves would be a/0/2/1. Though I've yet to figure out how all the bytes are stored. I know that it goes Physical/Special/Status,Power, Accuracy, PP.

Would you happen to know which narc file contains pokemon typing? Such if I wanted to edit Samurott to be Water/Fighting.

Well, I've been doing research on move editing, It's pretty straight forward.

Pokemon Black and White Move Editting

a/0/2/1 or offset 6970BD4 (Pound) ends at 6975C60 (Fusion Bolt)

From what I can tell each attack is 36 bytes, 18 pairs of #### always end with 5353

(XX-1)*24 + 6970BD4 (Formula to find offsets for moves use the list of moves article on Bulbapedia, convert decimal to hex and then plug in the numbers)

First set of bytes UNKNOWN

Second set of bytes UNKNOWN

Third set of bytes Type then UNKNOWN

Fourth set of bytes is Physical (01) Special (02) Effect (00) then attack power

Fifth set of bytes is Accuracy and PP

Seventh set of bytes is Attack Effect (burn, freeze)

Eigth set of bytes % chance of effect (seems to always be followed by 01)

Thirteenth byte is target 07 attacks yourself.

Type bytes

00 Normal

01 Fighting

02 Flying

03 Poison

04 Ground

05 Rock

06 Bug

07 Ghost

08 Steel

09 Fire

0A- Water

0B- Grass

0C- Electric

0D- Psychic

0E- Ice

0F- Dragon

10- Dark

Attack effects

03 Freeze

04 Burn

As you can see I'm not sure what a lot of the data does. Also the types were sort of shifted around since they completely got rid of the ??? type.

I've done some humorous stuff with this data, like made Splash an OHKO move. If you want to mess around with your friends just make sure your Rom is the one hosting. I also managed to make Splash OHKO the user, which was pretty humorous. I'm still experimenting with everything, I imagine most of the missing bytes that I don't know what do are either filler or for triple battle/double battle move targets. I honestly don't know.

When editing the level up moves, do each pokemon come with a set amount of level up moves? For example, Caterpie has 3 level up moves. Can I edit it to where Caterpie has a 4th move?

Yes, you can give Caterpie 4 moves. Last gen the limit was 20 moves per pokemon... in bw, it seems the limit is either 21 or 22.

• 4 months later...

TwistedFatal has created a program specifically for editing base stats, types, wild hold items, gender ratio, abilities, base XP, egg steps, happiness and the egg groups it belongs in. It's a very useful tool. If you're editing level up moves it might also interest you to know that TwistedFatal has also created a Level Up Moves Editor and a TM/HM Compatibility Editor.

Edit: Have recently been having troubles with TwistedFatal's Level Up Moves Editor where the Pokémon ends up with no level up moves whatsoever after editing.

Edited by Shiny Sheimi