Guide: How to generate Gen V Pokémon in PokéGen

Acanto

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
This guide is very useful. But I'm wondering if there's actually going to be an update or if anyone knows if there's a planned update for any of the Pokegen makes that will just make pokemon that are legal on Random Wifi?

I am down with jumping through all these hoops if this is going to be the only way to do it. But if there's going to be an update in the near future I think I can wait.

I can make pokemon just fine. Like the moves and stuff seem right and the stats seem ok. My only issue so far is not being able to get in on Random Battles on Wifi.

Is this the only issue for everyone else?

Also, is there a way to double check stats that anyone knows of?

I'm doubting some of the stats generated because I can't imagine a pokemon like Victini with a 100 base to all stats at level 100 being around "average" stats when compared to my other pokemon. I am mainly having issues coming up with good IVs because I can't seem to find a "characteristics" list for Gen V pokemon.

Not sure about the update, but I think another one is on the way soon.

Even so, it is still possible to create GTS legal pokemon on the current pokegen, if its not working then you've done something wrong.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh great i just realised how old your question was and youve prob found the answer by now. Ill still posts this incase anyone else needs help

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there, I've been trying to create a legit Heatran for hours now.

I use random Numbers for ID and SID, and a random Name, but Pokecheck keeps telling me: Invalid trash bytes for the trainer Name.

Every Pkmn I create works this way perfectly, except Heatran. Can anyone help me with this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

can anyone help me to make legit shiny entei and rayquaza ? it always fail when comes to the hack check, im sure im put everything rite like location '(poketransfer)', encounter type ‘Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin’ , and for origin i put soul silver on it, but it never works, can anyone help me ?? please i want rayquaza and entei shinys so baad :(

can anyone help me to make legit shiny entei and rayquaza ? it always fail when comes to the hack check, im sure im put everything rite like location '(poketransfer)', encounter type ‘Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin’ , and for origin i put soul silver on it, but it never works, can anyone help me ?? please i want rayquaza and entei shinys so baad :(

Stop hacking and go capture them in one of the numerous games those Pokemon are featured in.

• 4 weeks later...

This guide is really useful, though I have some problems with some particular pokemon, does anyone know how to fix these problems?

1) With some pokemon (for example Espeon, Scizor, Starmie), I select the second ability (eg: Technician for Scizor) and put the number '2'. Still, when I check the pokeon on Pokecheck, everything is legit except the ability, which results cheated. Any solutions???

2) Also Scizor (and I'm guessing every pokemon with 6 letters) gives me a trash-bytes error in the nickname in pokecheck, why?

Are you also updating the ability outside the PID field?

The ability given by the PID does not control it. You can set the ability to anything, even Wonder Guard. This of course would be illegal, but shows that the PID has little influence on it after the Pokemon is made.

• 1 month later...

I've had a look through the topic but I couldn't find an answer to what I'm about to ask, I do apologise if it's a trivial question. If I want to create a pokemon that appears to be transferred from Gen IV to Gen V... Do I use the OT details from the Gen IV game? Secondly, if I want to make that pokemon appear to have been hatched in Gen IV and then transferred over, is it best to mark the pokemon as hatched? If I do that, would it let me leave the PID field blank and carry on as normal?

• 2 months later...
So if I don't care about making a pokemon look like I caught it, and that I just got it in a trade, can I leave the ID spots blank?

If the pokemon is not hatched or event,

the "Location" and "ID" is still important.

example: "It is apparently encountered at route 10"

The TID and SID is still required. (of the other trainer)

Hope I answered your enquiry correctly

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I noticed that none of my generation 4 pokemon will pass the nintendo hack check for pokebank. I'll go with latios as an example.

Latios

Free

lvl 100

Timid

255 happiness

Levitate

US/UK/AU

Heart Gold Origin

(PID is generated with characteristic 1(ABCD) and all IVs are legal.)

Game: (BW2)

Ball: Luxury Ball

Level: 40

Date: 8/20/2010

Encounter: Egg/Pal Park...

Fateful

(Trying to simulate enigma stone event)

Stats are just normal EV spreads and legal IVs generated with PID finder.

Draco Meteor

Defog

x

x

Male

13540 21651

Ronar

66 (0x42) 0

No ribbons or markers

This isn't just with latios too, but anything from gen 4 such as Diamond/Soul Silver.

Even without gen 4 moves like defog etc, anything fails to pass. Shiny or non shiny.

And it's not failing to pass pokecheck, Nintendo check won't even let it be put into the gts for pokecheck to log. (Therefore not passing pokebank checks)