Guide: How to generate Gen V Pokémon in PokéGen

Acanto

I noticed when you leave the nickname blank, Pokegen automatically puts in <Pokemon Name>\FFFF\0000\0000..... without putting in a \FFFF at the end. Is this intentional or a bug in the program?

It's intentional. The games don't care about what exists after the first \FFFF.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello this guide has really helped me make my Pokemon seem legitimate. But I'm having one problem, that being the nickname. I've entered the name as 'Sceptile' (It's a bred one hatched in Gen 5) but when I place it on Pokecheck it says: Sceptile\xFFFF\x0000\x0000

All characters in name are valid.

Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes.

How do I fix this?

The link to the Sceptile is here: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=840722

Hello this guide has really helped me make my Pokemon seem legitimate. But I'm having one problem, that being the nickname. I've entered the name as 'Sceptile' (It's a bred one hatched in Gen 5) but when I place it on Pokecheck it says: Sceptile\xFFFF\x0000\x0000

All characters in name are valid.

Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes.

How do I fix this?

The link to the Sceptile is here: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=840722

First post, see "Escape Sequence".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So after spending countless hours of searching for an answer punctuated by interruptions from my offline life, I'm hoping I can get an answer here. I've browsed Google searches which usually lead me here, Serebii, Smogon or PokeStation, as well as the features in Smogon's RNG Reporter and Codr's PokeGen. My goal is to generate a few event legendaries for a theoretical team. I have read that unlike the rest of Gen. V, Wondercard Pokemon have a PID/IV relationship like last generation.

My question is how would I go about making these legendaries legal in PokeGen? What Method should I use, if any?

• 2 weeks later...
So after spending countless hours of searching for an answer punctuated by interruptions from my offline life, I'm hoping I can get an answer here. I've browsed Google searches which usually lead me here, Serebii, Smogon or PokeStation, as well as the features in Smogon's RNG Reporter and Codr's PokeGen. My goal is to generate a few event legendaries for a theoretical team. I have read that unlike the rest of Gen. V, Wondercard Pokemon have a PID/IV relationship like last generation.

My question is how would I go about making these legendaries legal in PokeGen? What Method should I use, if any?

My guess is that you could look at the pokemon in the event collection, open up one of them in pokegen (as a pkm file) and look at them. As for the PID / IV relationship for events, I'm not really sure if thats the case. I successfully RNG'd the movie event Reshiram for Timid nature, nearly flawless with Hidden Power Ice (70). Here is the trick for that: the Nature is produced last. so if you do hit your correct frame, it may not be the right one, but rather one of them around the target frame. it takes a bit of trial and error, but it is possible.

On a side note, thank you so much for this guide. This guide has made me a PokeGen-erator expert.

• 1 month later...

a) PID (thanks to kaphotics for the informations)

In Generation V, the PID is related only to Gender, Shininess and Ability. There’s no correlation to IV and Nature.

When editing a pre-existing Pokémon, or creating one from scratch, leave the PID field blank, or delete the pre-existing one only if you intend to change your Pokémon’s Ability (use common sense – don’t give your Pokémon an Ability he cannot have), or if you want to make him Shiny.

At the end of the generation process, when you either save your modified *.sav file, or export a *.pkm file, PokéGen will automatically fill the PID field with one 10-characters number matching Ability, Gender and Shininess under the Gen V PID rules.

This is the fastest way to obtain a proper PID, and I personally prefer it over the PID Finder (Tools -> PID Finder), which I’m using only to calculate the IV/Hidden Power combination (see ‘Stats’ Tab).

Hi, I've only really started learning about Pokegen and creating pokemon in genral today.

This bit is confusing me, I've played around with Pokegen and understand sort of every tab except the PID tab, is this saying to ignore the PID tab and let it be generated itself regardless if the pokemon is shiny?

Also is there a guide to what EVs you should give to certain pokemon?

Thanks, sorry if I haven't understood this.

Edited by Guested
removed question

• 3 weeks later...
if the code doesn’t work for you, you either have done something wrong at point c), or your hardware cannot handle the code’s length.

Is there anyway to combat this travesty, because i've tried splitting "Accelgor" pokemon code in half and putting an activation trigger in the begginning of both sections but that didn't work. The problem being the pokemon that are made using PokeGen somehow refuse to be registered in my pokemon white pokedex. Would certain things need to remain checked or unchecked in the "options" drop down bar?

• 3 months later...