Guide: How to generate Gen V Pokémon in PokéGen

Acanto

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found my answer. For all those interested, the location is Entree Forest.

WARNING: You can not legally give Gen V pokemon their dream world abilities (except Musharna and Darmanitan because they are obtainable in game). You can only give pokemon their dw abilities if they have been released.

• 2 weeks later...

hm is it sure that poketransfered pokemon should have egg/pal park....i tried kazowar's app and pokemon while in gen5 keep the value they had in gen4(i.e Tall grass/Darkrai and the rest)...unless there is a glitch in that program i'm not aware of

EDIT:Also can someone explain how escape sequences work with trainer names???I've seen Trainer names with 5-6 letters and no sequences(i'm sure those were real names not someone writing it in pokesav/pokegen)

EDIT2:Managed to find something about my 2nd question,there is a similar thread

Edited by Dreamer

• 3 weeks later...

Yo, everyone. I've been wondering. What if my Pokemon is illegal? Does it ban me from wifi games or something? My Blaziken's Manual Stats reseted when I leveled him up, and so are the other Pokemon. I want to raise all EV's to 255.. but the HELP in Pokegen says it's Illegal if you went over 510. Which means i can only have two stats that have 255. Now, my Blaziken's got 10,100,100,100,100,100... Those are the EV's in my stat. 10 for HP. 100 for the others. So if my pokemon is illegal does it do something bad in game or Wi-Fi?

• 2 weeks later...

Um, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but since it's based on what I read here I guess I will:

Going by what I've read, either altering for an existing legit PKM or creating a copy of a legit PKM and changing the IVs or even nature won't affect its legality? And more tangentially. altering those things in PokeSav wouldn't make much more difference than pokegen?

I've updated the guide describing how to make a Pokémon seem obtained from the Dream World, and I've expanded the part about Dream World Abilities as well. The guide is now updated to the latest PokéGen version.

The Golux:

If you're editing a Gen V *.pkm file, then yes, PID is only related to Ability, so you can freely edit its IVs and Nature. Of course you can edit all these values in PokéSav, but... Let me put it this way: using PokéSav is like insisting on cutting bread with an old, dull-bladed butcher knife without a proper handle, and refusing to use the shiny brand-new bread knife in front of you. PokéGen is that shiny new tool.

How do you edit existing mons in pokegen? I was told you can't do that. And I know pokesav isn't as good; I just have a lot of experience with it and no idea really with pokegen. Also pokesav lets you change a few other things that I don't think pokegen does, besides just mons.

How do you edit existing mons in pokegen? I was told you can't do that. And I know pokesav isn't as good; I just have a lot of experience with it and no idea really with pokegen. Also pokesav lets you change a few other things that I don't think pokegen does, besides just mons.

To edit existing Pokèmon, just open a *.pkm file. It'll work even if you've already opened a save file. To edit a Pokémon already present in the save file, right click on the Pokémon's icon -> View. To apply changes, right click -> Set.

PokéSav makes you edit your Trainer's data, money, and item, and I guess it's good for this basic edits. For more complex things (Pokémon and WonderCard importing/editing), I strongly suggest to use PokéGen and Grovyle91's PMGE, respectively.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a quick question about "b) Make a Pokémon seem transferred from Generation IV" Following those steps gave me a Pokemon reading "Apparently met at Lv. X", but then I've compared it to an acctual pokemon that was transferred reading "Apparently arrived at Lv. X". So my question is, did I do something wrong, and if so what?

I have a quick question about "b) Make a Pokémon seem transferred from Generation IV" Following those steps gave me a Pokemon reading "Apparently met at Lv. X", but then I've compared it to an acctual pokemon that was transferred reading "Apparently arrived at Lv. X". So my question is, did I do something wrong, and if so what?

Could you please provide a *.pkm file, so I can check it?

Shloopie:

Thank you so much! :)

I looked but couldn't find an answer to this...

When I boot up my White version using the AR codes I generated from pokegen, the game doesn't start up, it stays stuck on the white screen after I try to boot it up with the codes. I was trying to add four pokemon to a box including their pokemon data, but thinking the length of the code might be the problem I tried to just add a single pokemon to a box with no pokedex data. I've followed all the steps in the guide but still get the white screen.

I see that a few people have already asked, but no one has really explained how to fix or bypass the problem. Any ideas?

Does a Pokemon's PID change when PokeTransferred? Or will I have to resort to using the PID finder when I make a Gen IV Pokemon that will appear to be PokeTransferred?

Also, will I have to change the encounter method to "Egg/Pal Park/.....", or are other encounter methods possible?

Still experimenting to get my Gen IV pokes into Random Wifi. I've had some good luck with both 5th gen and 4th gen pokemon, but some aren't getting through for some reason. Made sure they aren't holding unreleased items and have legal movesets, but I'm still tinkering about the 'Met' tab.

Does a Pokemon's PID change when PokeTransferred?

no

Or will I have to resort to using the PID finder when I make a Gen IV Pokemon that will appear to be PokeTransferred?

duh

Also, will I have to change the encounter method to "Egg/Pal Park/.....", or are other encounter methods possible?

no

Still experimenting to get my Gen IV pokes into Random Wifi. I've had some good luck with both 5th gen and 4th gen pokemon, but some aren't getting through for some reason. Made sure they aren't holding unreleased items and have legal movesets, but I'm still tinkering about the 'Met' tab.

its the moves, shininess, PIDability mismatch or something else painfully obvious

also

Alright thanks for clearing it up, and yeah I'll try not to talk about that subject anymore. -.-" All the moves are legal, and I'd rather not make shiny pokemon as that pretty much screams "hack!".

It's probably the Gen V PID for the Gen IV PokeTransferred Pokemon.

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that pokes i make aren't able to have their nicknames changed in game via the Name Rater is Castelia City even when The trainer ID, gender, SID, and PID all match with each other. The pokes don't gain boosted exp and since everything matches ID wise I assume the game recognizes them as originally mine, but i get the text from the name rater as if the pokes had a different OT.

I usually leave the Nickname box in pokegen blank and unchecked.

• 3 weeks later...

The guide has been updated to the latest beta/recent Pokémon Events (Snarl Zoroark).

Dr. Geek:

All zeroes count as even :).

Hayate:

That is quite strange. If you've set everything as you've described, it should work. Could you provide me with a *.pkm file, so I can check it?

Edited by Acanto

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm new here and I've got a question: When I tried making my gen 4 (soul silver) ampibom (hatched) look like it had been poke transfered according to your instructions, the following problems came up:

1- The name in the game was "????????"

2- It said at the met location "poketransfer" and then after it "egg received"

3- It still had the location of hatching in soul silver

So my question is could you edit the part about transfered pokemon, and could I skip all of this by using kazoWAR's poke-transfer tool?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying out the method for generating a shiny PID and ran into some situations which aren't covered in the step by step guide.

If the number of ones in the column is even (i.e 1100, 1010, 0101, etc.), write 0 in the fifth row you’ve just created. If the number of ones in the column is odd (i.e. 1000, 1110, 1011, etc.), write 1 in the fifth row.

What do I write if the column is only zeroes?

b) Check the third and fourth number of the column.

c – 1) If the third and fourth number are two ones (11), set the first two numbers to 0. This is how your first column should be read: 0011;

c – 2) If the third and fourth number are one 0 and one 1 (10 or 01), set the first two numbers to 10 or 01. This is how your first column should be read: 1010, 1001, 0110 or 0101 (it’s indifferent).

And same question here, what do i use if the third and fourth number are 00?

I'm trying out the method for generating a shiny PID and ran into some situations which aren't covered in the step by step guide.

What do I write if the column is only zeroes?

And same question here, what do i use if the third and fourth number are 00?

All zeroes count as even -> write 0.

• 2 weeks later...
\FFFF – Found after the last letter of the Pokémon’s name, and at the end of the escape sequence.

\0000 – Found between the two \FFFF.

I noticed when you leave the nickname blank, Pokegen automatically puts in <Pokemon Name>\FFFF\0000\0000..... without putting in a \FFFF at the end. Is this intentional or a bug in the program?