Guide: How to generate Gen V Pokémon in PokéGen

Acanto

-Pokemon that are Eggs or are already hatched will always have the Day-care couple selected in the Location drop list. If a hatched Pokemon got transferred from Gen IV to Gen V then the Location will have to be Poketransfer..

Actually the Location for Gen IV hatched pokemon would be Day-Care Couple (G4) and hatched location would be (Poketransfer)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I always thought the "met" tab only applied to where you met the Pokemon in Black/White and, therefore, if it was hatched in Gen IV you didn't need to worry about the egg stuff since you're meeting it as a full grown Pokemon in Black/White.

Interesting. I always thought the "met" tab only applied to where you met the Pokemon in Black/White and, therefore, if it was hatched in Gen IV you didn't need to worry about the egg stuff since you're meeting it as a full grown Pokemon in Black/White.

That's what I though too but I guess it's wrong due to jasterj's statement.

Hey,

Awesome guide! Really helped me out.

I'm having a problem with my Riolu though. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the "Met" tab. It has the "Prankster" Dream World Ability, so I set the location to Black/White/ Entree Forest/Dream Ball/Level 10/ Caught Yesterday/ 'Egg/Pal Park/ Event'

I also made sure all its moves were either learned though level up or TMs.

Did i screw something up?

I attached the .pkm file. Can somebody please take a look at it and see what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Riolu.pkm

Riolu.pkm

Hey,

Awesome guide! Really helped me out.

I'm having a problem with my Riolu though. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the "Met" tab. It has the "Prankster" Dream World Ability, so I set the location to Black/White/ Entree Forest/Dream Ball/Level 10/ Caught Yesterday/ 'Egg/Pal Park/ Event'

I also made sure all its moves were either learned though level up or TMs.

Did i screw something up?

I attached the .pkm file. Can somebody please take a look at it and see what I did wrong?

Thanks!

I don't believe Riolu's Dream World ability has been released yet. If so then that would be why I can pass the hack check.

I don't believe Riolu's Dream World ability has been released yet. If so then that would be why I can pass the hack check.

Aw man that sucks :(

I got the idea for Riolu from a youtube video and that guy used it online. Now that I think about it he may have been playing on a Japanese version or something. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up!

Ok, all this PID info is all well and good, but there is a gap that I can see: I don't see any explanation of how Method words. For example my pokemon's method is 2 (A-B-C-E), so I'm not sure if it is legal at this point. I have read the PID discussing gender, nautre, shininess, but it doesn't seem to cover this. Perhaps, you could cover this in the first post; it would go far to alleviate confusion.

... Ok, so huh? I'm not sure I understood that comment about Gen IV-hatched Pokemon and what their Met info has to have. So, for their Location, you say PokeTransfer or DayCareGenIV? And what (if anything) do you put for Hatch Location??? Sorry, I just got confused looking at that. -_-;

Also, I dunno how relevant this is, but I think it's worth getting out just in case. There seems to be a problem with trying to use the PGL if you have cheat-completed your Pokedex. However, I suspect this is really just because doing so means that the person has Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect in their Dex. If this is the case, then if you want to use PGL don't get their data by ANY means. (honestly, I partially hope I'm wrong...) If you have but didn't use any Dex-mod codes and can't log on, we may need a method for deleting entries from the Pokedex.

Sorry if this is totally irrelevant.

... Ok, so huh? I'm not sure I understood that comment about Gen IV-hatched Pokemon and what their Met info has to have. So, for their Location, you say PokeTransfer or DayCareGenIV? And what (if anything) do you put for Hatch Location??? Sorry, I just got confused looking at that. -_-;

Also, I dunno how relevant this is, but I think it's worth getting out just in case. There seems to be a problem with trying to use the PGL if you have cheat-completed your Pokedex. However, I suspect this is really just because doing so means that the person has Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect in their Dex. If this is the case, then if you want to use PGL don't get their data by ANY means. (honestly, I partially hope I'm wrong...) If you have but didn't use any Dex-mod codes and can't log on, we may need a method for deleting entries from the Pokedex.

Sorry if this is totally irrelevant.

The Location for hatched Gen IV pokemon on Gen V would be Day-Care Couple (G4) and hatched location would be (Poketransfer)

As for the PGL problem I had the same problem. Starting over fixed it for me. Also if your using a flashcard or can get the save file PokeGen can edit pokedex's.

b) Make a Pokémon seem transferred from Generation IV

Needed when you want the Pokémon to have moves he could learn only in Gen IV (i.e. a Blissey with Seismic Toss must seem PokéTransferred to be legal).

There are two methods, in Pokémon B/W, to make Generation IV Pokémon cross over to Generation V games: the PokéTransfer and the Relocator.

Since the Relocator is used only for specific Event Pokémon (WIN2011/INV2011/HIV2011 Raikou, Entei, Suicune and Celebi), I’ll only talk about the PokéTransfer here.

‘Matching Trainer Information’ flag not checked (it affects only unhatched Eggs)

Locations between parentheses mean that, in-game, you won’t see the standard Encounter text, but one specific to the method of obtaining specified between the parentheses.

Ball: whatever you want (use common sense)

Level: whatever you want

Encounter Type: ‘Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin’

‘Fateful Encounter’ and ‘As Egg’ flags not checked.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that when you choose (Pokétransfer) the location is bunch of lines....

Thanks! That really cleared up that problem. ^_^ Everywhere else I looked was rather vague...

When I'd previously made them, I set Location as DayCare Gen IV, but when they were in the game it was something else and couldn't go on Random Match. I changed it to just PokeTransfer and it worked. I'll try this (adding the Hatch info) and see if that works too! ^_^

Um, but... if I reset my game, I'd have to make a totally new Profile and lose all I've gotten so far (much can't be re-obtained). I'm using Japanese White version, and have been using PGL since it came out way back.

It doesn't keep your Game Synch ID does it? I've heard that gets lost in a reset... That's why I'm hoping to find a code for the Dex.

Um... is it possible for Pokegen to make a code that gets rid of those three entries or even all if necessary? And I have no way to get my save file off the cartride. I only have a basic ARDSi. T_T

Thanks! That really cleared up that problem. ^_^ Everywhere else I looked was rather vague...

When I'd previously made them, I set Location as DayCare Gen IV, but when they were in the game it was something else and couldn't go on Random Match. I changed it to just PokeTransfer and it worked. I'll try this (adding the Hatch info) and see if that works too! ^_^

Um, but... if I reset my game, I'd have to make a totally new Profile and lose all I've gotten so far (much can't be re-obtained). I'm using Japanese White version, and have been using PGL since it came out way back.

It doesn't keep your Game Synch ID does it? I've heard that gets lost in a reset... That's why I'm hoping to find a code for the Dex.

Um... is it possible for Pokegen to make a code that gets rid of those three entries or even all if necessary? And I have no way to get my save file off the cartride. I only have a basic ARDSi. T_T

If your unable to obtain your save file then I wouldnt recommend doing the pokedex thing with pokegen because then you would have to do everything by hand...

Your do indeed lose you Game Sync ID if you start over but I found this on the PGL website.

In order to delete your Game Sync ID, we would need to confirm your registration. Please provide the following information by submitting a question at support.pokemon.com:

- Trainer Club account username

- PGL nickname

- Registered DOB, starting with the year

- The country you live in

- Current Game Card in use

- Currently registered Game Sync ID

When deletion of the registered Game Sync ID is completed, we will reply to your question. Then please register your new Game Sync ID.

But thats only if your willing to delete your save and start over.