Guide: How to generate Gen V Pokémon in PokéGen

Acanto

Well, even with the program generating the PID, it may or may not pass the legal check. My personal success rate for dream world ability legality has been quite random. I've gotten some Pokemon that have had event releases to work, and some not. Setting 0x42 to 1 isn't a magic bullet to pass the check at the very least.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's your problem, not codr's. if something doesn't pass it's either nintendo disallowing it for whatever reason or a mistake in creating the thing.

the ability indicator in the PID has no relevance whatsoever to the poke being allowed on random wifi. the PID isn't even considered, just whether or not a poke can have an ability. what you're claiming to be a problem with pokegen has been so thoroughly tested that it isn't possible for pokegen to be doing it wrong.

what you're claiming to be a problem with pokegen has been so thoroughly tested that it isn't possible for pokegen to be doing it wrong.

Exactly where did I say it was an issue with Pokegen? I only suggested putting a disclaimer in the original topic. Perhaps the PID is entirely legitimate but it fails the legal check for other reasons.

The original topic states that in order to apply the dream world ability, you change 0x42 to 1. This is hit-or-miss when it comes to the legal check. Modifying a Blaziken obtained from the GTS this way worked, but not Vaporeon. Note that no moves or origins were changed; the Blaziken's origin is from "Spain/Latin America" but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

We know that DW Vaporeon has been given out as an event in Japan, so there must be other parameters at work.

Uhm. I'm not sure if this was answered or anything.

Basically, what'd I'd like to know is if I can create a file that saves my hacked pokemon. that way I don't have to redo them over and over again?

I did it for Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver:

I created a .sav file w/ PokeSav and then used PokeGen to modify that .sav file and then save it with whatever pokemon i want. After that, all i have to do is open it up using PokeGen to see the pokemon I hacked before.

[And I'm doing this without ROMs and all that good stuff.]

And to be a little more thorough. I feel like 1 .sav file would be nicer than having a folder full of .pkmn >_> ((in case anyone wanted to tell me to do it that way ))

I don't know if something that I'm doing is wrong, but there is something... odd, when trying to hack Charizard.

I've set it all up like all of the other Pokemon that I've done, but for some reason Charizard isn't being accepted. And this is Blaze Charizard, not Solar Power. Everything is the same as far as IV, Ability, Met Status, etc. is all the same as all of the others that are being allowed in. I even went through the PID Finder to generate the PID (instead of leaving the field blank and letting PokeGen fill it in automatically).

Still not being allowed into the Random Wifi.

At first I thought it might be the Ability: Blaze. But The Emboar that I've hacked (with Blaze) just works fine.

Any idea's / thoughts as to why this could be happening to this one (and so far the only one) Pokemon??

I don't know if something that I'm doing is wrong, but there is something... odd, when trying to hack Charizard.

I've set it all up like all of the other Pokemon that I've done, but for some reason Charizard isn't being accepted. And this is Blaze Charizard, not Solar Power. Everything is the same as far as IV, Ability, Met Status, etc. is all the same as all of the others that are being allowed in. I even went through the PID Finder to generate the PID (instead of leaving the field blank and letting PokeGen fill it in automatically).

At first I thought it might be the Ability: Blaze. But The Emboar that I've hacked (with Blaze) just works fine.

Any idea's / thoughts as to why this could be happening to this one (and so far the only one) Pokemon??

same here my pokemon ain't getting through none of them even leaveing the PId box unedited still makes them unacceptable online?

Double check to see if it has the right moves? that are Gen V compatible.

If you can't get it to work, your best bet is to simply trade for the Charizard via GTS and edit it from there, unless you require an egg move. (e.g. trading for a Cloyster and inserting Rock Blast does not work; you must create it from scratch and complete the egg information)

If you have any moves that are learned past level 50, you must set your Pokemon's level to that move's minimum required level.

Well I did find the problem, but I don't know why it is a problem.

It is related to a move that Charizard CAN learn - Sky Drop. Nintendo doesn't like Charizard learning Sky Drop. At first I thought it would have been Dragon Dance, but that wasn't the case.

I found this out by creating a Charizard with only the last 4 level-up moves it can learn. Everything else was the same as it has always been when I've been editing the Pokemon. That Charizard got in fine.

Then, IN GAME, I used the TM that teaches Sky Drop to Charizard. It learned it, IN GAME, and then tried to take it online - DENIED!!

I then taught it Fly instead of Sky Drop, and Charizard was accepted once again.

Lesson here is - I dunno... but there seems to always be some trial and error, even when something you do in game is legit Nintendo still may not like it.

The only reason Sky Drop is getting the "lolno" sign from Nintendo is because there's "a glitch...that occurs in double and triple battles when Gravity is used while two Pokémon are in the semi-invulnerable state when Sky Drop is used." It was banned from Random Wi-Fi back in November 10, 2010.

This glitch makes the Sky Drop poke pretty much dead weight since it can't be switched out or move until it'd knocked out by something. It just makes the game close to unplayable.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop

The only reason Sky Drop is getting the "lolno" sign from Nintendo is because there's "a glitch...that occurs in double and triple battles when Gravity is used while two Pokémon are in the semi-invulnerable state when Sky Drop is used." It was banned from Random Wi-Fi back in November 10, 2010.

This glitch makes the Sky Drop poke pretty much dead weight since it can't be switched out or move until it'd knocked out by something. It just makes the game close to unplayable.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop

Thank you Rewrite. I didn't know about that Ban. So that means that my Charizard was just fine then.

It's odd - you would think that Nintendo would have been able to separate the different battles with the different rules (I was trying the Single Battles, which according to the article the Glitch shouldn't happen in) instead of doing a wide-ban like that. Oh well. Guess I'll have to choose another move then.

BTW - do you know of any other banned moves that we should be made aware of?

I have a question. When you select a legal ability for the pokemon to have, then allow pokegen to generate a PID when you save, does it generate a correct PID for that ability? Or do you have to set ability 1/2 somewhere?

If you leave the PID field blank, when you set the ability and all of the other information PokeGen will generate the correct PID automatically.

Is it a known problem when you try and load up a the game with a code with more than 3 pokemon, it stays as a white screen? I just keep getting a white screen if I do more.

Yes, that's true, but it isn't the fault of PokeGen. It's the AR not being able to process all that code data at once with the game.

Using b.20, having this strange pokemon, when I generate a code (using box1-1 through box1-6). I generate the code and then hit the copy button.

When putting it into my AR, it either doesn't work with the Select trigger or gives me a white screen when booting up.

Possibly a hardware problem, but is the generated code being copied via PokeGen been causing problems? I can use the XML but it just takes a lot longer to do and really annoying.

Edit: If an ID ( OT ID or SID) begin with 0, is it okay to omit it? Will the game just add it in?

So pardon me for any inconsistency of pokegen, or even pokemon in general. Going from Blue & Gold on GBC to Black. If anyone can help me clarify my questions, it is deeply appreciated.

This will make legal pokemon in pokemon black/white?

Can you make all the previous pkmn generations on black?

To get event pokemon from prev gen, are they legal if you save them onto black or must they be transfered?

Gameplan: I want the pokemon to have the levels and stats as if they were caught in wild.