pokemonfan

Was this helpful and easy to understand? Did it work  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Was this helpful and easy to understand? Did it work

• Yes it was helpful and easy to understand I tested it and it worked well
    • No it was confusing
    • Not helpful I know a better way
    • It doesnt work

Alright instead of just an intro in one post and then the rest in several others I'm going to try and get it all into this one post.

Pokemon Eggs: Hatching

Well hatching eggs is simple really however depending on the pokemon inside the egg it could take some time. Each pokemon while in the egg takes a different amount of steps to hatch. I feel so lame saying this but I actually didn't know that hatching an egg took steps so flying around doesn't count!

Now if you have a lot of eggs you can only hold 5 in your party because you have to have a pokemon to battle just in case. So now that you have 5 eggs or less in your party you can go begin the hatching. Wait, no you can speed it up you just have to have the right pokemon. You see if the pokemon in your party has the ability flame body or magma armor the number of steps it takes to hatch an egg is cut in half. Pretty useful.

Now, find a long stretch of uninterupted road, or cycling path, and then run or bike up and down the road to gain the steps. Riding on the bike in cycling road is the fastest way I know and you should have a bike by the time you get an egg.

So that is the most efficient way I know to hatch eggs.

If you want to know around the exact number of steps your particular egg will take to hatch then go to this link...

http://pokemon.marriland.com/diamond_pearl/pokedex/list

And search on the pokemon you know is inside the egg. The pokemon in the egg is always the female's or non ditto's species. If you receive it from a friend or in game then you might not know. FYI that link is for a diamond and pearl pokedex here is one for platinum:

http://pokemon.marriland.com/platinum/pokedex

I hope this has been helpful!

Please post feed back and use the poll!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pokemon Eggs: Bad eggs

Bad eggs are terrible things and one should not ever try to obtain them. Bad eggs are the result of a code gone wrong or to many codes used. At least that is what I have read. So maybe if you were trying to get a pokemon from your AR and you misentered the code well then the pokemon would probably result in a bad egg.

Can they hatch?

Yes I do believe they will but they will turn up as a question mark and everything will be question marks either that or they never hatch. I do believe that they take 30,000 steps to hatch which is good because you never want to hatch them. They could crash your game. These eggs should be put in a pc immediately and never messed with if you cherish your game data.

Why do they exist exactly?

I have read through my internet research that it is somewhat of a vengeance. The vengeance of Missingno. or something like. This (identity) created something that to many codes resulted in a bad egg. (atleast with 3rd generation games for sure) Or maybe a code gone wrong or incorrectly inputted. They can crash your game which is part of the vengeance. Plus when they hatch they turn into question marks and that is all the pokemon you will ever see if it doesn't crash your game. Question marks.

Codes gone wrong?

These are incorrectly put in codes this could result in a bad egg. Plus I do believe that bad eggs can appear in double battles if you are using the one hit KO cheat. This, after the foe is defeated, could result in a bad egg appearing, although it is invisible it will use the moves of the previous pokemon and if wild it can be caught but don't catch it!

BAD EGGS ARE JUST LIKE THEIR NAME BAD! DON'T EVER HATCH ONE OR ACCEPT ONE IN A TRADE, REALLY JUST STICK IT IN THE PC AND LEAVE IT ALONE! THEY ARE A CREATION OF PURE DEVIOUSNESS. BE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THESE EGGS THEY ARE NOT NORMAL AND CAN BE LETHAL TO YOUR GAME! I CANT STRESS THE FACT ENOUGH THAT THOSE THINGS ARE BAD AND DANGEROUS TO YOUR GAME! DON'T HATCH THEM OR IT COULD BE THE LAST EGG YOU EVER HATCHED!

Edited by pokemonfan
Dont overload the thread with own posts and adding information that I was waiting to use plus making myself more clear

Talking about bad eggs, i got one on my Diamond when using 1 hit kill. Never use this code in Doulbe trainer battles. In Battle. Yes IN BATTLE. If you use 1 hit kill you can end up with a bad egg in battle.

Yes, this conclusion I have drawn from my net research and my own personal experience,you can encounter them in battle if using that code,because I too have used that code. I do believe that as long as you avoid catching, hatching, and messing around with bad eggs you are safe from its lethal effects.

Your post was sum what confusing so I'm not exactly sure if that was a question. If it was a question I hope I answered it.

THE NEXT SECTION IS LUCKY EGGS AND IT IS COMING SOON

Edited by pokemonfan
Dont want to double post and I forgot to add something

Yes, oddly enough, I do believe that you can catch these horrible things. All I know for sure though is that they are bad. I've read enough about them and sob stories of lost data to know that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm pretty sure that a lucky egg is actually an item that boosts the pokemon's critical hit ratio if they are holding this item. I'm pretty sure but not completely, that you can find a wild chansey holding a lucky egg but the chances of that are extremely low I think 5%.

Edited by pokemonfan
Add lucky egg part