Game Sync

Natty4

Is it true that once you game sync you cannot use the wifi feature without completely starting over from scratch? If so, this is very upsetting since I'm sure most people will do this and the 3DS is coming out at the end of this month.

• 1 month later...

(What happened to my post?)

No.

I've tried it, and I can still use the GTS and other stuff while a pokemon is in the DW.

And besides, if the wifi was disabled after you deposit a PKM, wouldn't it be impossible to get it out?

That said, I think it might be true that once you use Game Sync with a particular game save and a particular console, you cannot use it again with the same game save on a different DS. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it does give you that message about how 'Game Sync treats your DS and game card as a pair' or whatever.

Everyone should wait for someone to verify this before taking it as truth, though. It would be odd for Nintendo to cripple future use with other devices.

if you game sync your game with a particular DS system and than change DS's than you will just have to wait 1-2 days so that you can re-sync. I have two Ds systems and I often switch game cartages between the two so when the global link came out I hade problems syncing my game but later realized that I have to stick with one DS system or ill have to wait a couple days so that I can redo the syncing process.

• 2 years later...

If you just take a cart, put it in a different DS, and use a wifi funtion, you get a new friend code, and other stuff I guess.

However, you can avoid that hassle by transfering one DS's "WFC Configuration" to another DS.

It's in the DS's Wi-Fi connection setup options. I've done this a couple times. When I got a DSi, and then again when my DSi got wet and needed repair. And I'll be doing it again once my replacement comes back. This isn't just to keep your friend code the same, it also copies over all the network settings, so you don't have to Re-enter stuff like WEP keys.

• 8 months later...