PokeGen newbie needs help

LaxAttack

This is my first experience using PokeGen. I tried making a legal Frillish, but when I activate the code in the game and look at the Pokemon, he has no trainer id, Lv 1 and no moves. I have set every detail asked of me by the program. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I used the AR export function to get the Pokemon I wanted onto the game.

I've found two errors on your Pokémon:

a) Nickname (Main tab) - If you want the Pokémon's name to be all-caps, check the Nickname flag, since, in this Generation, the game capitalizes only its first letter (FRILLISH -> Frillish)

b) Encounter type (Met tab) - The standard Encounter type in Gen V is 'Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin'; it doesn't differentiate between all the Gen IV types anymore.

However, I think the problem is either something you've set wrong in the Code Generator window (the code must be generated for the English version of Pokémon Black), or some hardware-related issue that prevents the code from working properly.

I appreciate the response, Acanto.

As far as the Encounter type is concerned, what would I put for pokemon which you receive as a starter and legendary pokemon? The same type (Egg Pall/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin)??

Thanks!

I looked at your thread, but it really didn't answer my question above.

For example, if I want to create a legit Tepig as if I received him as my starter, do I still put the encounter as the Pal Park/Honey Tree, etc? What about for legendary pokemon?

Did your problem ever get resolved? I'm having the same issue :/

I just recently started trying the AR Injection Code method since my AR DSi can no longer export/import saves from my cart.

Edited by Aureolin

Ok, so I'm also a PokeGen newbie, at the moment, im creating my team, what do i do after that. How do i generate the code to put on my AR.

BTW: I'm using AR for DSi and PKMN HG.

Also wondering if i can use these codes for PKMN Black. (It seems as if everyone is having problems with Action Replay for PKMN Black/White)

Ok, so I'm also a PokeGen newbie, at the moment, im creating my team, what do i do after that. How do i generate the code to put on my AR.

BTW: I'm using AR for DSi and PKMN HG.

Also wondering if i can use these codes for PKMN Black. (It seems as if everyone is having problems with Action Replay for PKMN Black/White)

Tools > Code Generator. Set the game to Black and language to English. Make sure you select the right thing when you select what to generate codes for. After you are done, click on Export.

And yes, these codes are for Pokemon Black. Make sure your AR has firmware version 1.71 or AR DSi version 1.25.

yes , egg/pal park/honey tree but you have to make him hatched from egg though

Egg? There is nothing I can select so it can be like the exact one I received from the professor? That's disappointing, you were able to do it in the previous version.