Question Relating to Black and White PID

Orcamania5

I read half of most recent threads in SAVES sections and came up with following questions of what PID is related to.

I am sorry if this question is already answered and I would appreciate someone would redirect me to a thread.

I already read a lot of threads but I couldn't find any specific info related to PID

1) Is PID related to pokemon's IV? [Yes/No] Beucase I read someone say yes and someone say no (Remembering quote from someone in the forum "change the IVs to whatever you want. don't change the PID." meaning PID value is not affected by IV value)

2) Is PID related to pokemon's Nature? [Yes/No]

I know PID is related to ability and I know that PID in Black and White is different from previous versions, but I appreciate your best answers/explanations you can provide me.

1 no

2 no

Thanks for very quick responce.

So I guess when I change pokemon's stats with everything kept constant except IV, EV, Nature for GTS or Wi-FI battles, I can freely change IV, EV, Nature without changing PID and it will still be legal pokemon. right?

Furthurmore, when I change pokemon's stats with everything kept constant Ability for GTS or Wi-FI battles, I must change PID along with ability and will make pokemon still legal. right?

3) PID has nothing to do with hold items and pokemon names? I know this but confirming it just to be on the safe side.

1) Yes.

2) Yes. Check other PID-related threads on this forums, about the issues that can arise when matching PID/Nature.

3) No. The game would have to generate a different PID whenever the Pokémon is given a different Item or Nickname, which would be nonsensical.

You know what. It just makes me more confused so I am going to wait until someone else figures out PID relationships with pokemon stats, until PokeGen out of beta (patched), and until Legality checker for black and white comes out.

Thanks for your replies. :)

1) Yes.

2) Yes. Check other PID-related threads on this forums, about the issues that can arise when matching PID/Nature.

3) No. The game would have to generate a different PID whenever the Pokémon is given a different Item or Nickname, which would be nonsensical.

So then what Acanto is saying is wrong?

Does this also apply to Shiny and Gender(ie you don't have to worry about PID if you change them) since you said everything but ability, or is that still the same?

I just tested out switching nature using AR on a weedle and it threw it back sayin git couldn't be traded. Do I have to use a certain type of code? Ditto now for another fresh pokemon just caught when chaning the IVs.

I used the following code

Change Nature

521D53B0 F6304841

E2002080 00000060

29006DA9 2103D103

42080209 4770D100

65A92101 448E2106

0A06B5FF 21011C28

F828F1D4 F1D31C28

1C04FFED 22002170

FEF8F015 D1042E01

28193001 2000D108

2E02E006 2800D104

2018D101 3801E000

1C201C02 F0152170

1C28FED3 F1D42100

020020E0 BDFFF809

121D53BE 0000F62C

121D53C0 0000FE5F

D0000000 00000000

Change IVs(HP one)

020195B4 FC24F7E8

02001E00 73B4B4FF

02001FFC BDF8BCFF

02001E10 0024241F

02001E14 43A06928

02001E18 0024241F

02001E1C 61284320

Edited by RoverTX
Added code I used which caused a bad nature change

So then what Acanto is saying is wrong?

the way the game works is that it has 2 random number generators. the "main" rng is the one the game uses for many things including the PID, encounter slot, sync, nature, NPC movement, TV shows, etc. the second random number generator is used for IV generation. the two random number generators are different types and advance differently at different times. so yeah, there's no link between PID and IV.

the way the game works is that it has 2 random number generators. the "main" rng is the one the game uses for many things including the PID, encounter slot, sync, nature, NPC movement, TV shows, etc. the second random number generator is used for IV generation. the two random number generators are different types and advance differently at different times. so yeah, there's no link between PID and IV.

But there is between the other number and IVs. So thats why the global trading center doesn't like the pokemon I modified the IVs on with AR?

But there is between the other number and IVs. So thats why the global trading center doesn't like the pokemon I modified the IVs on with AR?

There is no link between IVs and anything.

There is no link between Nature and anything.

PID sets the gender and ability, like it always has.

So why is it rejecting pokemon after I change there Nature and/or IVs in Pokemon Black. Its giving me the "There is something wrong with one of your pokemon" in the battle part or "There pokemon can not be traded" The codes I am using are posted above. What exactly is tipping it off. IVs are within reason, ie 31 or lower, and jut changing the nature. Everything is up to date.

This.

It may be not a PID-related issue. Have you edited a Pokémon caught in-game, or generated one from scratch? If so, have you set correctly every value in the 'Met' tab? Have you checked its moveset? Your Pokémon may know Event-only TM moves like Bark Out, or he may be set to look like a Gen V Pokémon, even though he knows Gen IV-only moves.

If you can, please post a *.pkm file of your Pokémon, it'd be helpful.

As said before I edited a fresh caught ones to test things out. So I am not using Pokesav or Pokegen to generate one. They don't know any wierd moves since they were caught on route one. I was just testing things out before I started going through and messing with real ones. So is it just not possible to change existing Pokemon and them still be legal then?

Ok sorry I think I must be being really stupid.

Ok so as I read in one of the Stickies Legal means, there not legit, but that the online check for the game can't tell the difference. Which means since they are getting rejected when I try to go online with them that I did something wrong. From what your telling me that shouldn't be the case since the IVs and Nature really aren't related to anything so as long as they are with in reason it shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

So is there something wrong with the codes I am using then, I posted them above in spoiler tags. Or do I have to use Pokegen or Pokesav to do this instead of just AR? Is there some restriction I am missing?

The only thing I can think of is that I am also using a code to display EVs and IVs when I am changing them, could this have some kind of weird effect that would make them not legal?

Sorry again, and thanks again.

Edit: If anyone has any AR codes that work for them that keep things legal if with in sane values I would really appreciate it. I may just be using some botched codes.....

Big Edit: After testing a bunch of stuff I am guessing, having certian codes work and then not work, that it still checks against a database of possible IV Nature Combos.... so should I just use the Pokegen randomizer for possible combos and just go off that, could that be the issue since there not egg pokemon?

Edited by RoverTX

EDIT: GOT IT NOW. Got it, the code doesn't force an updating of stats, one rare candy solved all of it (it even dropped Deffense by -1!). So its making it so there all wackey and incorrect. The times it was working it was only changing the HP from 30 IVs to 31 IVs on a level 5 so there was no corresponding stats change. How am I supposed to deal with those on level 100 pokemon, would putting them in the daycare fix this?

EDIT 2: I am retarted.... it updates them if you make changes to them in the box, but not if there in your party......

Woah, it sets Gender too?

Not trying to hijack the topic, but is there a way to change the PID to match the Gender too? Like how for Ability, it's from PID (Dec) -> PID (Hex) -> 4th Number -> Bin -> Last No. (0 = Ability 1, 1 = Ability 2)?

I actually know this part.

Each pokemon has a % chance of being male or female. This is really just representing the number between 0-255 at which it goes from being female to male. Since it begins the count at 0 its really 266 numbers. So if a pokemon has a 50% either way then if its at or below 127 then its female if its above then its male.

So for instance Chansey can only be female so its cut off number is 255 its self. If it can only be male then I guess its cut off number is set to -1?

PS Where did you get that Alan Walker Avatar from?

Ah, so let's say I had a Timburr with the PID: 1063927178.

Converting that to Hex, it'd be: 3F6A3D8A.

According to kaphotics, AAAXAAYY, and the YYs represent those gender ratio number thingies. 8A. Converting 8A back to decimal, I get 138. So it'd be male, correct?

P.S.

When you said 0-266, did you mean 0-255?

P.S.S.

I don't really recall where I got my avatar from...sorry. I'll let you know if I remember though.