Pokegen ID/SID Trainer question

Nogitsune

Hello,

First I'll list my question, and then I'll explain why the question matters to me.

1. Are all pokemon created for the patched rom of the Pokemon Black(J) doomed to be considered traded pokemon?

I have located and entered the ID, SID, and my Name, and yet they still register as traded pokemon (bonus xp, won;t obey past level 10, ect)

Are these the only fields that matter for determining whether a pokemon is traded? (Tried messing with the region settings as well, didn't seem to help). After exhausting my options, I have chosen to come here and ask, Is this a bug with the beta version of the program? Or, is it a byproduct of the patching of the rom that somehow confuses the trainer name?

Now for the whys...

Why am I using a rom?

Well, I grew impatient waiting for my game to arrive, so decided to mess around on that. After messing around for a bit, I decided that I wanted to try and hack the game a bit, and try and play through the game with the starter pokemon of my choosing. I haven't yet ordered an Action Replay, and am hesitant to do so , as this would be the only use I'd have for it. Some of the pros with messing with Action Replay codes on a rom, is that I don't need to worry about irreparably damaging my game/ds, so I have decided to try and figure it out on here before I drop the 20 bucks to order one.

I need the pokemon to appear mine for the sole reason that traded pokemon level up too fast, and refuse to obey if you don;t have enough badges. Even avoiding most fights, and heading strait to the first gym leader pushes my past level 10, and thus, into the loafing zone. This must be rectified if a custom starter pokemon is to be a viable option.

If it is just an issue of the patched rom failing to equate my name with the trainer name, then thats fine. It won;t be an issue with the english version. If it is something else, something apart from an error of mine, then I must seriously reconsider getting an action replay. I don't need another paperweight xD

Any thoughts?

First of all,why are you using a patched Japanese rom when the EU and US roms were released like a week ago ?

Don't apply any kind of patches,use a clean rom,download the latest updates for your firmware,if it's R4,Wood is recommended,the update was out a couple of days ago to work with Pokemon B/W(EU and US),so no need to apply anything,although most of the time it's nothing serious,having a clean rom is better.

I will give you a small example of a legit-looking pokemon,that is my own :

1st Tab : Main

PID : You have to know how to set it yourself,it's pretty easy to use.

Pokemon : Mienshao(in my case)

Skipping Nature,Held Item,Happiness,Ability,because you have to set them yourself.

Origin : Black

2nd Tab : Met

Game : Black/White

Location : Day-Care Couple (the best way to make a legit-looking pokemon is to make it hatched,be careful,as legendaries and some rare pokemons can't have eggs)./If it's a legendary from previous games(Diamond and Pearl for example),you have to set the Location to "Poketransfer",if its a Legendary from B/W,Location to the exact location of where you can catch it.

Ball : Pokeball(set it to whatever you want,of course don't randomly put a masterball on caterpie or something like that).

Level : 1(Hatched pokemon always level 1)

Date : Whatever you want,obviously not past this day,if you're going to attend any tournaments sometime soon.

Encounter : Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin(Always set this).

Fateful Encounter : Don't touch it,leave it unchecked.

As Egg : Checked.

Game : Black/White

Date : Whatever you want,obviously not past this day,if you're going to attend any tournaments sometime soon.

3rd Tab : Stats,if you don't know what to do with this,google is your friend.

4th Tab : Attacks,You should know what moves you want your pokemon to have.

5th Tab : OT/Misc

ID : To find the id,view in PokeGen one of your pokemons you caught in-game LEGITLY ,and copy/paste the IDs here.

That's it now go to your Box 1 for example,right click and pick "Set",your pokemon will be saved on your PC in Box 1.

===========================================================================

The best way to find out what and how to set something you don't know,is catch in-game a legit pokemon and compare it to the one you're editing.

To be honest there are million of guides on youtube/google,i just felt in the mood.

"ID : To find the id,view in PokeGen one of your pokemons you caught in-game LEGITLY ,and copy/paste the IDs here."

Okay, that is one feature I do not yet understand. How do I export pokemon from the game?

As for the English version of the rom, I'll look for it. That will be a better testing bed for the codes, as at least then the codes would be the same =D

Thanks for the reply ^_^

Wait,you don't have a usb for your microSD in your flashcart (To connect it to your computer) ?(I assumed this,since you said you didn't know how to export the pokemon from the game)

Better get a USB to connect your microSD to your computer than ActionReplay.

In the end you don't need to export anything,you just take your save file,open it with pokegen,right click on one of your LEGITLY caught pokemons(not the edited ones) and press view,on the last tab of OT/Misc it will show you the correct IDs.

to find a SID follow these steps :

1)Download a DsMume emulator http://desmume.org/ (It's like a Virtual DS,except that you can't use wi-fi).

2)Start the game,get a starter,save the game.

3)Copy the Created .dsv file (which should be created in DsMume folder) into the Pokegen Folder.

4)Load the .dsv file into pokgen,view your starter.

5)Go to the OT/Misc tab,there you'll find your IDs.

Here i found AR codes to find your SID :

For BW White.

Game ID:IRAO-0F0875FE

Hold L to Show Secret ID

5216F4CC 98087128

0216F4D0 F9FAF699

94000130 FDFF0000

0216F4D0 0C006900

D2000000 00000000

=========================

Pokemon Black :

Game ID:IRBO-106820A5