NEW BASS GUITAR!

Enkidu

So I just happened to save up enough money to get a devent bass guitar. Thing is, I've no idea what qualifies as "Decent." My old one is a cheap 130$ Stagg. And it's served me well enough, but I feel like I should get one that has a better look, one that I'm more comfortable with and one that just sounds great!

Its too bad I have no idea what constitutes a "decent" Bass though.

My price range can be up to 500$, but I found a few that I really like and they only cost 299. Here's what I've found so far.

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=114&CollectionID=12

I'm planning on getting it in black , same model though.

534981jpg.jpg

For 299, my friend who's a bassist said its an above average guitar, and one of the best you'll get for the price. Although I personally would prefer a matte finish, either are better than my current one.

What do you guys think? My old bass really needs to get replaced.

http://www.freewebs.com/radix_rock/BC300-SB_L.jpg <- Old bass, mines just not that....new looking.

You play the bass? Wow, that's pretty sweet. My little brother plays the acoustic guitar, the electric guitar, and the bass.

The brown one looks cool to me, but probably because I'm old fashioned and all. But the black one looks more refined and all... and it looks a lot like those electric guitars I see. I don't know really... what do you think fits you more?

I don't know what's "decent" either, but I do know... it's always the functionality over its aesthetics that makes things decent, although you don't want the aesthetics score to be TOO low. I think the general consensus will like the black one better though... something just tells me that. :-/

I don't actually like the shape of my old one, the neck is really long, the strings are on both sides and the Horn is fricking huge on it.

As for the new one I want, it's a remake of the classic Thunderbird design, from like 1963 so it's not actually a new guitar.

I also really wanted this one

2948670579_7b44135ed4.jpg?v=0

But that was a limited edition version So I'm stuck with black.

3 day EDIT*

I ended up buying this bass , thats a picture of it in my room. :D

dsc00335.jpg

Although now I really want a Rickenbacker 4003 in solid red. ( 2000$, so hell no )

Edited by Enkidu