RS - Shiny Jirachi from WISHMKR

Sabresite

Just now, Sabresite said:

It has been so long, I guess I forgot.  Thank you for that correction @HaxAras.
In that case, the item should be set appropriately.  I put the determination in another thread based on what @Bond697 determined.

No problem. Unfortunately, I've migrated several thousand Pokemon so I have a little more experience with it than most people. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only way to get Enigma berries in gen 4. Unless a Darkrai event was ever released with it?

19 hours ago, HaxAras said:

No problem. Unfortunately, I've migrated several thousand Pokemon so I have a little more experience with it than most people. If I'm not mistaken, it's the only way to get Enigma berries in gen 4. Unless a Darkrai event was ever released with it?

The Gen IV Alamas Darkrai cartridge I have distributes the Pokemon with an Enigma Berry. 

LyMqwxw.png

Edited by Soniktts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HaxAras said:

@ajxpk Yeah, I have the OG disk. So if anybody wants to share the 8 non-Bashful saves, that would be pretty cool. 

I'll give it another go when I get home. Yesterday I had some problems because the program that finds the frame to save at doesn't subtract seconds if the delay is greater than the frame you want to save at, so my saves where always 1 or 2 seconds off.

Just now, Sabresite said:

I got confused cause he said Gen VI... I didn't read the pic which is clearly Gen IV. Sigh.

I do that sometimes too. I read too fast and skip most of what people say because I can't understand it or contribute much so I just look for a general idea of what's being said. 

6 minutes ago, thaleskpl said:

Well, after almost 2 hours trying I give up. Even when the script saves at the exact frame the program tells to, the checksum never matches.

Sorry that you had your time wasted. Nothing pisses me off as much as having mine wasted. 

@ajxpk This is a perfect example of why I don't even try with this BS. I get so tired of wasting hours on POS programs that don't work when I could just copy the PID and paste it over an already generated Jirachi. 

I've already got a boatload of them thanks to InsaneNutters event project. The disk is such a hasstle to use, it just sits on my shelf and collects dust. It's nice to have if/when I need it like my thousands of un-played games. But it's just a trophy at this point. 

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I wanted to get all 9 shiny jirachi and I was forcing the checksum onto the savefile instead of RNG saving for the checksum to be correct, then I found this:

Also, I found the flag for WISHMKR Jirachi on the savefile: Block 0x04, offset 0x2B1. 0x00 = not received; 0x01 = received.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, suloku said:

I wanted to get all 9 shiny jirachi and I was forcing the checksum onto the savefile instead of RNG saving for the checksum to be correct, then I found this:

Also, I found the flag for WISHMKR Jirachi on the savefile: Block 0x04, offset 0x2B1. 0x00 = not received; 0x01 = received.

IIRC, you can get as many as you want.  So that flag definitely is not for that.  I wonder if it serves an actual purpose, or is leftover.  Or if it enables some in-game content, whether used or not.  More research is definitely needed.  @Kaphotics, or @Bond697, do you remember anything about this flag?

5 hours ago, Sabresite said:

IIRC, you can get as many as you want. 

No, you can only receive 1 jirachi per savegame, that's why I searched the flag to begin with. Maybe you mean pokémon channel, since it is restricted per channel savegame and not per R/S savegame, but I don't remember right now if it is possible to get multiple from pokemon channel using different playtroughs. I may test later.

EDIT: @Sabresite I tested pokémon channel and you can only transfer 1 jirachi per gba cartridge and the flag used is the same (can't use the same save to receive channel jirachi and bonus disk jirachi)

Also, I've noticed that the jirachi uploaded at the link I provided are wrong, probably generated with pkhex or with some other method. They get flagged by pkhex (different PID) and also have the wrong berry on them, so probably they were made with the correct seeds but with wrong algorythm. I now have the 9 jirachi retrieved using standard link cable (albeit I did not use RNG to get the correct seed but save editing).

I think I'll make a simple program that forces block 0 checksum to be whatever the user wants so we can easily get any of the 65535 possible jirachi.

Edited by suloku
  • Thanks 1

I coded this really quick, it will force first block 0 checksum (it seems the disc uses the first block 0 checksum it finds, not the current save block 0 checksum) to have the desired checksum to seed the Jirachi by writing some bytes onto the "Gamecode" section at block 0, since according to bulbapedia for Ruby and Saphire those 4 bytes are always 0x00 and it seems the game puts those bytes to all zero when saving, so after receiving jirachi no traces remain on the save.

The first thing it does is check if the jirachi flag is set and ask to clear it, so this can also be used to just remove the flag from a savefile.

I haven't thouroughly tested this, works with my saves so far.

ps: this is based on BlackShark's Mirage Island Value, which is in turn based on Kaphotic's psavfixv2. Source code included. Also some text files with the shiny seeds and some other useful seeds I found on a reddit post.

EDIT: link removed, I re-checked and the added bytes onto gamecode section aren't cleared when saving again, so instead I'll make it so the program only works when the first block 0 found is from the backup save, if not the program will ask the user to save once and try again.

EDIT 2: new file, as said above seed can only be changed when the first savegame on the savefile is the backup save.

JirachiSeeder_0.1b.zip

Edited by suloku
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@suloku I've been messing around with the Jirachi seeder again lately, and I realized that it'd be really handy to have a .nds version to reset the received flag much quicker than repeatedly transferring the save between cart and PC. I figure that'd be the simplest way for anyone to consistently bypass that "one Jirachi limit". Just an idea I wanted to throw out there, if you or anyone was willing and had the free time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/3/2011 at 0:57, Sabresite said:

No fue hasta la generación 4 que Nintendo puso cheques brillantes en los eventos de acuerdo con todas las pruebas que tengo. Simplemente dije que no podía ser brillante porque Leisik (o como se deletrea su nombre) dijo que no podían. Sin embargo, dado que NO forma parte del equipo de desarrollo de Pokémon, REALMENTE no conoce el funcionamiento interno. Podemos probar esto si alguien quiere preguntarle si WSHMKR jirachi puede ser brillante lol. Esperemos que no busque en Google la respuesta y encuentre nuestra investigación.;)

EDITAR: Ahora sabemos que el GC RNG para Celebi tiene un cheque brillante. También el RNG para WishMkr tiene un cheque brillante, pero nunca se usó.

Hi !
Can you upload Ageto Celebi Shiny .pkm? plz !!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...