RS - Shiny Jirachi from WISHMKR

Sabresite

But GC games will not communicate with EZ-Flash. I tried :(

Because EZ-Flash uses SRAM memory, and not the Flash_v103 that Pokemon games use. There are only one or two GBA-era flashcarts with Flash memory on board (and hence would work with GC link like a real cart), but otherwise games are patched for use with SRAM.

The same method for Jirachi was most likely used for other events such as 10 anniv, etc... I suppose its possible those could theoretically be shiny.

MYSTRY mew can theoretically be shiny too, but there were none distributed...

I attended that MYSTRY Mew event and it was just a girl at toys r us trading a mew to your game over link cable from what I remember. I don't think it can be shiny considering that's how it was distributed

I think what they're saying is the generator that put the Mews on the Distribution Cart's algorithm could have allowed for a shiny, but the likelihood of it actually happening, or the amount of people going to the distribution, or that the attendants would've given one is small.

I do know someone who said they were at a Toys "R" Us and he and his friends heard the attendant ask someone if they wanted a blue one. He thought the attendant was being smart since at the time he didn't even know shinies existed. A few months later his friend found out about shinies and brought it back to his attention. He was saying now that he wished he'd been more knowledgable to see if the attendant really had one.

Actually, they do work. They just won't be able to display the whole name if it exceeds 5 characters.

From my own personal experience, loading a save file that comes from an US rom will always result in the JP game saying the save file is corrupted and will load the previous save file.

If I save twice with the US rom, the JP rom will say it's too corrupted and will start a new file.

Besides, it's not a matter of the names not being able to be read in their entierety.

When I loaded Nigoli's Emerald save file with an US rom, it didn't even display the Trainer's name.

From my own personal experience, loading a save file that comes from an US rom will always result in the JP game saying the save file is corrupted and will load the previous save file.

If I save twice with the US rom, the JP rom will say it's too corrupted and will start a new file.

Besides, it's not a matter of the names not being able to be read in their entierety.

When I loaded Nigoli's Emerald save file with an US rom, it didn't even display the Trainer's name.

I'm pretty sure I got it to work with my Japanese LeafGreen once. I'll test it later.

Just put that .3gpkm on a 3rd gen save file and migrate it to a 4th gen cart.

I'm pretty sure I got it to work with my Japanese LeafGreen once. I'll test it later.

If you get it to work, it would be awesome.

That would be the easiest way of getting the Aurora Ticket and Mysticticket + islands on the Japanese cart.

Does it matter if I use a v1.1 or a v1.0 rom though?

Just use IR-GTS and it can convert a .3gpkm file into a .pkm file.

How can I do this tho? I understand ho to use IR-GTS, but how would I get the .3gpkm file into the DS game, say Diamond.? Exact same way?

Just put that .3gpkm on a 3rd gen save file and migrate it to a 4th gen cart.

Yes, that would be the easiest solution :P, But my GBA games are nowhere near nor I have a way to transfer the save to a card here either. :P

Mikz, I was just looking at the IR-GTS wiki and it states that .3gpkm files will be sent to the Gen IV DS games via Pal Park as of the latest patch. I'm about to download it and try this feature out.

That's pretty cool, Thanks for trying it!

I will try it as well

Python is not opening the IR GTS on my pc, i think because it's windows 7 64, It keeps giving me module permission notices and crashes :/

Edited by Mikz

Ok, I just tested it on my Japanese retail cart and it didn't work. Which is weird because it has worked for me on VBA (American save on a Japanese game).

Edit: Correction: What worked for me was a Japanese save on an American game, sorry.

Edit 2: Yep. An American game is able to use Japanese saves. Just tested this on my retail Sapphire cart.

Big disappointing news!

I managed to trade Shiny Jirachi all the way from Pokemon Ruby then to Pokemon Diamond then to Pokemon Black, all using "legal" trades through the games. Original Game Cards, and I fear gamefreak blocked the PID for the shiny Jirachi on 5gen completely. It can't be put on the GTS in Black/White, strangely I was able to put it in the GTS of Diamond.

:(

Here is the .pkm file of the Shiny Jirachi from my Pokemon Black

ColosseumShinyJirachiPKMBlk.pkm

ColosseumShinyJirachiPKMBlk.pkm

The fact that they say that Jirachi CANNOT be shiny, and shiny jirachis (among others like manaphy) are banned/restricted, is complete bullshit. I cannot believe them about 10 anniv or other events that follow the same type of generation either.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I think I want to try and find a way to contact TPCi and say,

"I just got a shiny Bashful Jirachi from my Colosseum Bonus Disc and transferred it to my Pokemon Ruby Version. I then transferred it to my Pokemon Soulsilver Version, then to my Pokemon Black Version. I tried to put this Jirachi up for trade on the GTS in my copy of Pokemon Black Version, but it won't let me. Why is this?"

They'll give me some bull answer, I'm sure. I'd just like to do it, though. :(