Flashcart + retail cartridge question

ak120691

Alright so I finally gave into Pokesav last night and ordered DSTwo flashcart since I heard it's very good AND it also has extra features for ROMs and stuff.

That's nice and dandy but I'm more interested in the Pokesav features it can provide me. I have literally scoured the internet non-stop reading about how to use pokesav, etc, etc. However, I cannot find anything about how exactly the .sav file goes from the retail cartridge to the computer.

How exactly does the flashcart + memory stick + the retail cartridge work? could someone give me a step by step description of what exactly occurs?

I don't see how the retail cartridge could be in while the flashcart is in. Don't they go in the same slot?

Look into the HG/SS Backup thread in the Save Research. You'll need to use that program to backup your save file. Otherwise you'll need to order another device called Backup Adapter + I believe. The exact names eludes me right now.

I'm still confused. I read that you can't dump saves from retails unless you solder two points in the retail chip, and then use the NDS adapter. Is that true? or is the Flashcart the reason it works without soldering?

I looked in the HG/SS thread but it's still very confusing. Could you possibly break down some of the steps into something more understandable lol