New to Pokegen

pchoi187

Hello

I just have a couple of questions about Pokegen and Action Replay. I've been going through some posts and there are stuff about Action Replay and Pokegen and save files. I just bought pokemon black and white one for me and one for my girlfriend.

So my question is:

Am I able to use PokeGen on a legit version of pokemon black and white?

Do I need Action Replay to use Pokegen for pokemon black and white?

1. At this time, it is too unclear. One would think yes, but I personally am waiting for a Secret ID code (no, you can't find it in your game, normally...that's why it's secret) so that way I can make my pokemon more legit. (search for one of my other posts). Secret IDs are Nintendo's way of cutting down hacked pokemon, and differentiating your pokemon from someone else's, if both you and the other person both have the same Trainer ID (which can be seen on your trainer card).

2.Not really, but it is the fastest way, in my opinion to get hacked pokemon onto your game. There is another method that uses the GTS or maybe even the Hyper GTS to get them that way, but that is one method I never really wanted to research.

well than I'll just purchase a action replay dsi for my ds lite than and i'll just keep coming back and checking and keeping up to date with the pokegen because I know its still in beta mode right now since the game has just been released and you guys are probably still working on it

Am I able to use PokeGen on a legit version of pokemon black and white?

The latest PokéGen beta fully supports Pokémon Black and White. If you mean, 'Do PokéGen-generated Action Replay codes work?', well: some issues have been reported on this forum, but they're thought to be hardware-related. They may work or not work depending on the physical device you use; the only way to answer your own question, would be for you to do some actual testing.

Do I need Action Replay to use Pokegen for pokemon black and white?

If you don't have the means to access directly your save file (i.e. a flashcart), you can only use Action Replay codes (generated in PokéGen) to modify it; otherwise, the software wouldn't be useful to you. On the contrary, if you can access your save file, you don't need Action Replay codes at all, just edit the *.sav file and save the changes.

The latest PokéGen beta fully supports Pokémon Black and White. If you mean, 'Do PokéGen-generated Action Replay codes work?', well: some issues have been reported on this forum, but they're thought to be hardware-related. They may work or not work depending on the physical device you use; the only way to answer your own question, would be for you to do some actual testing.

The issues are hardware related. There's no question about it now.

Yes, it seemed that way... It's good to have confirmation.

pchoi187, if your problem is knowing whether PokéGen-generated AR codes will work for you or not, there's no definite answer, you should actually do some tests.

Yea I've got a question too. I haven't played PKM after I finished B/W (J) a while back. Will the (U) B/W sav files work with beta or stable versions of the pokegen? I probably haven't touched pokegen in 5 months.