Features for Next Legality Checker!

Sabresite

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also building a quick program that will cycle through all Mersenne Twists for TID/SID verification. The program should take a couple days to run, and another couple days to sort. The rainbow list will take a total of approximately 10GB. Once the information is sorted, I will have an exclusion list (if practical) included with legality checker.

If its not practical, yet still possible to run from our server, then I will do that.

I am also building a quick program that will cycle through all Mersenne Twists for TID/SID verification. The program should take a couple days to run, and another couple days to sort. The rainbow list will take a total of approximately 10GB. Once the information is sorted, I will have an exclusion list (if practical) included with legality checker.

If its not practical, yet still possible to run from our server, then I will do that.

Just to be clear, this is for 4th gen TID\SIDs only, right? Or are 3rd gen TID\SIDs also generated by a Mersenne Twister (I haven't checked to see if there's Mersenne Twister table stored in memory).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_twister <---- YAY GOOGLE!

I have decided to make a comprehensive legality check system for all events for 3rd gen and 4th gen. I have just about every event except for some of the Korean ones. To do this, I will need either the PCD or the PGT. Unfortunately the PGTs lack distribution information (date/games), but I can add that in manually if needed.

If anyone would like to help by contributing their gen 3 or gen 4 pokes so I may complete the comprehensive testing, please email them to me.

EVERYTHING will be checked including name, pokeball, met location, met level, region/language, trash bytes, etc... as applicable.

Speaking of TID stuff, I'd like to add that one can completely overwrite trash bytes by Pal Parking a 3rd Gen Pokemon and then renaming it on a 4th Gen game that has an identical TID, easily doable with RNG manipulation. So instead of simply saying "invalid trash bytes" in that case, maybe it could give a renaming notification.

I have the .pkm files of most of the latest korean events if you need them but unfortunately not the wondercards. I'm just missing the latest manaphy and a the 12160 raikou/entei, but I have all the others. Would you like them?

By the way, I've not been able to get proof of the faraway island mew having shiny prevention from the legitimate event. All I know is that this information comes from Yamipoli so I assume there's some ground behind it, perhaps someone here can look into it.

I have been attempting to finalize my trash byte verification process. This will fix all problems with checking trash bytes in the current version. Here is what I have so far:

• Going in reverse order (last byte to first byte) check for an ending FF FF (terminator pair). To distinguish between a terminator pair and trash bytes, all bytes before the terminator pair (even another terminator pair), must be a valid Korean or Non-Korean character.
  • If there is a pair of bytes that are not a valid character, then you start from that terminator pair and keep going until you find another terminator pair. If no terminator pair is found, then its invalid. If a terminator pair is found, then the above is checked again.
  • If all characters are valid and a terminator pair has been found, then the text follows one of two sets: Korean or Non-Korean. If it contains korean characters, then it is definitely korean, otherwise it is still either one.
  • Check every part of the visible name to make sure those characters fall into the proper font table.
  • Next check the OT Name the same way. If there are korean characters then it is definitely korean, otherwise it can still be either one.
  • If it has korean characters then check for a NICKNAMED flag, and check for korean trash bytes. All pass, then its valid.
  • If it does not have korean characters, then check every country's trash bytes to see if one or more are valid. Only check for korean trash bytes if it has a nicknamed flag.
  • Then check the OT Name for proper trash bytes according to the valid trash bytes found above.

Did I miss anything in my analysis?

I would also like to thank Eevee aka Veekun and his minions for his PokeDex info. I stole it to facilitate the comprehensive checking of legality checker.

Edited by Sabresite

I don't know if I can be of any help at all, but these AR codes will supposedly give you the wonder cards in your gen 3 game as if you had actually gone to the event. It's also supposed to enable the deliveryman on the second floor of the Pokemon Center. I tried testing these in vba with a mod to enable "wireless adapter" features (Mystery Gift) but the codes are so long, I gave up trying to copy-paste them (and the xpc file is incorrectly formatted). If anyone can test the shiny check theory for Faraway Mew, they can try these.

TicketsMorfeoAR.rar

TicketsMorfeoAR.rar

I don't know if I can be of any help at all, but these AR codes will supposedly give you the wonder cards in your gen 3 game as if you had actually gone to the event. It's also supposed to enable the deliveryman on the second floor of the Pokemon Center. I tried testing these in vba with a mod to enable "wireless adapter" features (Mystery Gift) but the codes are so long, I gave up trying to copy-paste them (and the xpc file is incorrectly formatted). If anyone can test the shiny check theory for Faraway Mew, they can try these.

We know of codes from loadingNOW that do the same thing, but aren't for VBA (they are for the actual game+AR). Event flags and stuff.

Thanks, we'll be looking in to this!

Do you have loadingNOW's AR codes?

I can't get Morfeo's codes to work.

There are too many lines of codes, it doesn't fit in VBA's cheat screen (It stops at about the 3rd part, adding more doesn't change anything.)

I tried putting each part one at a time, but it didn't work either.

Do you have loadingNOW's AR codes?

I can't get Morfeo's codes to work.

There are too many lines of codes, it doesn't fit in VBA's cheat screen (It stops at about the 3rd part, adding more doesn't change anything.)

I tried putting each part one at a time, but it didn't work either.

I know, that's what I meant when I said they were too long, I was hoping someone could find some fix for that. Also, does anyone know of any ways to modify .xpc files? It seems to me that importing the xpc would save the trouble of typing in the codes, but I just get a ton of "Invalid Code" messages specifying proper code formatting.

It would be a pain in the ass, however you COULD use the debugger and do it manually ;)

Find out the locations that are modified. Then remove the dynamic memory bullshit using the AR code. Then keep loading binary files into those memory locations with the specific values. Thats what I did with PokeMaker and VBA before I wrote my own pokemon editing program.

I found out how to use them.

You have to put the Anti-DMA code into VBA (I'm not sure if you need to have the Master Code if it's VBA, but it can't hurt.)

Go on the Mystery Gift screen and then input the first part of the code. Click OK to add the cheat then you OK to go back into the game and wait a few seconds.

Go back into the cheat menu, delete the first part of the code and put the second one (click on the first line, go to the last line, press and hold ctrl+shift and click the last line). Then you click OK, then OK again to go back into the game and wait a few seconds.

Do that for every part of the code. Once you're done putting every part of the code, go into the Wonder Cards menu. You should see the Wondercard there.

Make a save state at this point.

Then you have to make a copy of your save file, run it on another VBA Link window and go to Wonder Cards in Mystery Gift.

Go to Friends on this window.

Go back to the first window of VBA Link (the one with the Wonder Card.) Press A on the Wondercard and press SEND.

(Go in Options --> Emulator and make sure "Pause when in inactive window" is unchecked.)

The rest should be pretty straightforward. You receive the Wondercard with the second VBA Link.

The reason why you have to send it to yourself is that I didn't find a way to save the Wondercard after using the AR code (If I go back to the main menu and go back to Mystery Gift, the card is gone.)

The only problem there is with that code is that the delivery man in the Pokémon Center will talk in Spanish.

Sorry if this is starting to go off topic, but Pingouin7 got the codes to work like this (yay :D ), so if this helps with your research, please give him lots of credit and a cookie.

I have been out of town these past two weekends. Now that I am back, I am on track again.

In addition, WindSlayer is helping me with TrashBytes. If you can imagine, thats HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of pokemon being palparked.

Currently he is using an emulator, which I am praying does not create erroneous results.