Features for Next Legality Checker!

Sabresite

I am actively working on B55. Here is a comprehensive list of new features that will be included:

• Full Platinum Trash Bytes.
  • Full Heart Gold / Soul Silver Trash Bytes.
  • Missing Gen 4 events.
  • Obedience checks for specific Pal Parked Events.
  • Origination Seeds for specific Pal Parked Events (GCU will NO LONGER exist).
  • Shiny notification for specific Pal Parked Events.
  • Pokeball Check (based on acquisition).
  • Shiny Leaves Check.
  • Location Met Check.
  • Evolution named Trash Byte overwrite checks.
  • Smart Gen 3 Acquisition Checking (Hatched vs Hacked).
  • Met Level Check (based on Encounter method).
  • Byte 85 (Encounter Type) Check.
  • Link Trade Met Location support for specific Static Pokes/Events.
  • Nickname Checks for cross-region Pal Parks.
  • Smart Move Checks (based on encounter method).
  • Working Sync Checks.
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver Sync Checks.
  • Significantly faster at determining algorithms on slower machines.
  • Hatched 3rd Gen Event Support.
  • Pokewalker PIDs / Species / Gender / Level / Language Checks - Thanks to Wichu, Wildeep, and Serebii for this info.
  • Trash Byte Slot # (1 or 2-6) & Pal Park Trash Set Bytes will be listed.
  • Non-Trash byte (4th gen) rename checks.
  • Grass Tile & Encounter Checks for both 3rd gen and 4th gen.

Which of the following 3rd Gen events will be effected?

• WSHMKR Jirachi (Shiny notification)
  • Ageto Celebi (Shiny notification)
  • All restricted B-A-C-D (Common Event Restricted) (Shiny Notification)
  • Negai Boshi Jirachi - Origination Seed Check (Shiny Notification)
  • PC Japan 2003 (ALL) - Origination Seed Check (Shiny Notification)
  • PC Japan 2004 - Obedience Flag Check / Limited to Uncommon GBA (Shiny Notification)
  • MYSTRY Mew - Origination Seed Check (Shiny Notification)
  • PC New York 2004 (WISH) - Obedience Flag Check / Limited to Uncommon GBA
  • PokeBox - Origination Seed Check
  • Ticket Events (Faraway Mew, etc) - Obedience Flag Check (as applies) - Limited by Country of Origination.

After the internal functionality is completed, I will work on a beautiful interface version ;)

YOU SHOULD STILL CHECK FOR THE OBVIOUS! CHECK THE OTNAME, OT GENDER, etc. IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT EACH EVENT SHOULD BE, ASK ON THE FORUMS!

Edited by Sabresite

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good going Saber, I look forward to this.

About these...

# PC Japan 2003 (ALL) - Origination Seed Check

# PC Japan 2004 - Obedience Flag Check / Limited to Uncommon GBA

# PC New York 2004 (WISH) - Obedience Flag Check / Limited to Uncommon GBA

So if I understand it right, almost all events that uses B-A-C-D will have a new thing to check called "Origination Seed Check" which will limit the number of possible PIDs.

Also, I know that you know for sure from a reliable source that are you positive that the PC 2004 (both ends) should be A-B-D-E (Uncommon GBA), AND should have Fateful Encounter flags? If so...

But still, I find it rather weird that it really is A-B-D-E...

On a related note, do you have any plans to support GCN Pokemon yet? I understand from reliable sources in smogon that they were close to cracking it 6 months back, but BW rolled in and everyone focused on that and it got held off.

A few days ago, along with MYTSRY, Negai Boshi and WISHMKR/Agetos, it was posted on the other thread about DOEL and SPACE C not being able to be shiny. I don't see that anymore, and although I'm fairly confident this is still the case, I just wanted to verify. :)

Thanks a lot for the new version of Legal!

A few days ago, along with MYTSRY, Negai Boshi and WISHMKR/Agetos, it was posted on the other thread about DOEL and SPACE C not being able to be shiny. I don't see that anymore

Yeah, it's still the case. From the way it looks, no gen 3 event can be shiny.

Based on WISHMKR generation via checksums, it appears as if Jirachi can occupy all of the 0-FFFF seeds, except the shiny ones!

The egg events CAN be shiny. It was very easy to test that. We imported a PCJP2004 or WISH egg into a gba game that had an A-B-D-E PID which was shiny. Kaphotics did the honors of hatching it, and it did come out shiny.

Regarding it ONLY being A-B-D-E ~ Recall Unowns being B-A-C-D, and fishing pokes being A-C-D-E. It seems the GBA games are all over the place. It MIGHT be possible that very few of them are A-B-D-F or A-B-E-F, ONLY IF the pokemon is generated on the game itself. Since I have no evidence either way, and every confirmed WISH/PCJP 2004 poke I have is A-B-D-E... I will hold out on "expanded" support.

Regarding events which CANNOT be shiny. ALL B-A-C-D restricted (GCR) events will have a shiny notification.

And finally, if there is headway towards how GCN or PCNYa|b|c|d are generated, I would love to see it.

Sabre would it be possible to use a emulator to monitor the memory as GCN pokemon is being created? Or moniter when being transfered?

That's one of my ongoing projects in Colo\xD. The problem with monitoring the memory is knowing what to look for - there are millions of instructions executed within a second. Although I've made some progress on learning how the game's RNG works, I still haven't gotten any useful info on the Pokemon generation process. It's something I'll go back into once 5th Gen research is wrapped up.

Also, it would help if someone figured out how the PID and IVs of party Pokemon are stored in memory.

OmegaDonut has already done that and as everyone suspected, it is TIME BASED.

Only the initial RNG seed. What I can tell you is that the Pokemon generation itself is not. Starting the game at different times but forcing the RNG seed to be the same produces the same results.

Just asking for clarification...

Ageto Celebi and Wishmaker Jirachi can or cannot be shiny?

The jury's still out on WISHMKR Jirachi until we get test results.

DannyB01: If Faraway Island Mew couldn't be shiny, hacking the ticket wouldn't change anything.

It's been proven that this Mew can be shiny, anyway.

@Pingouin7 - well yeah I'm not saying the mew already had the coding in-game to be prevented from being shiny. By looking at a GBA save with an original old sea map from the actual event, it seems that the map was distributed with a bunch of extra code disabling the mew from being shiny. I'm not saying the item itself prevents the mew from being shiny. And RNG abusing a shiny mew from an old sea map that was hacked into the game doesn't count as proof, what other proof have you seen?

If I may... if a Shiny Mew is not possible under any circumstances. Wouldn't a battle video including one be blocked to be uploaded just like Shiny Manaphys (even though it is possible due to a programming oversight)? Wanna take my Shiny Mew for a spin?

EDIT: I also doubt that you can editing the function of the Old Sea Map without editing the ROM itself. Which event distribution should not do... Where did you even hear of this?

I can't remember exactly who did the research, I think Gold Ursaring may have looked into it, I guess I could bring back up an old conversation about it but I don't really doubt the research anyway.

While battle videos have some sort of legal checking go on, it's not very sophisticated and I doubt it'd stop you putting up a video with a shiny mew in it, because i think hadou mew could be shiny so they wouldn't necessarily just block all shiny mews.

By looking at a GBA save with an original old sea map from the actual event, it seems that the map was distributed with a bunch of extra code disabling the mew from being shiny.

Well, let's see your proof that the real Old Sea Map distribution really prevents the Mew from being shiny.

From what we can see of the results of our jirachi findings, its easy to theorize that other events can be shiny as well. I asked many people (yamipoli, loadingNOW, gold ursaring, etc) why the B-A-C-D uses a restricted seed. Nobody knew, and now the discovery that its checksum base makes alot of sense. Checksums are ALWAYS different. Something as small as receiving a mystery gift, placing a pokemon, moving, etc.. will change the checksums in various areas. Each event probably pulled from one or more checksums (there are 8 for the primary save, and 8 for the secondary save). Once you get the pokemon and came back to the machine, your checksum would be different, producing a different Pokemon.

What is the likelihood of a LEGIT shiny event poke existing... probably close to zero. Is it technically possible... now we know it is.

With that said, that is why I put "Shiny Notification" so that people who are using legality checker to check for events are notified that most likely a shiny pokemon that is legit does NOT exist.

I would also expand this to include MYSTRY mew, since technically the origination seeds for all of the pokemon events COULD HAVE produced a shiny. Again its VERY VERY unlikely. There might have been ONE shiny mew buried in ALL of the cartridges.

Sabresite did you know anything about this old sea map thing I mentioned? It's not exactly an unknown subject and I'm surprised Pingouin7 hasn't heard of it. It'd be nice if i could provide proof but I can't, I'm just going on what reliable people have told me. I will try to raise the issue though with people who can help.

I would imagine it to be quite difficult also. It was an event only for Japan after all and we all know the hell it went through to even know about PCJP Pokes... I would imagine the only real way to find out is to find someone who went to the event in 2005, and he didn't activate the event yet. Which is... very, very unlikely.

Start a Japanese Emerald game... AR in a old sea map. Save the game, restart the game. Catch mew with a master ball and check the PID.

Change the TID/SID to match the PID. Start the game again, catch mew with a master ball. See if it comes out shiny.

Start a Japanese Emerald game... AR in a old sea map. Save the game, restart the game. Catch mew with a master ball and check the PID.

Change the TID/SID to match the PID. Start the game again, catch mew with a master ball. See if it comes out shiny.

It works with RNG anyways (Hitting a specific frame). It's not hard when there's statistically a shiny every 136.533333 seconds!