Potential R/S/E remake..

AngelSL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they are in the process of creating the 5th Gen Pokemon Games.

The 5th Gen Games are the remakes of Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald.

I remember searching this one site where I was reading about the 5th Gen Pokemon and came across the preveiws of the 5th Gen Pokemon Games.

It should be release some time in the end of 2010 or the begining of 2011.

Actually they are in the process of creating the 5th Gen Pokemon Games.

The 5th Gen Games are the remakes of Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald.

I remember searching this one site where I was reading about the 5th Gen Pokemon and came across the preveiws of the 5th Gen Pokemon Games.

It should be release some time in the end of 2010 or the begining of 2011.

Please do not make crap up and present it as factual.

The 5th gen of Pokemon is being released in late 2010 in Japan and will feature a new region. A new Pokemon line has already been revealed.

Little else is known but Corocoro scans usually leak around mid-April, so keep checking.

In the mean time, ignore what this guy posted.

I actually loved R/S/E. I'd played generations one and two already, and I liked the bright, tropical atmosphere of Hoenn. I really loved the Grass types and Water types in Hoenn, the colour palette, IMO was far superior. I mean, after I played R/S/E and started playing FR/LG, the colours seemed kind of dark and a lot blander than those in Hoenn. I loved the entire layout of the island itself. I'd really like to see it remade in fifth gen, and if it is on a new console, even better. I really do hope that R/S/E are remade next generation.

Was that a bit of a 'nostalgic old fart' rant?

• 7 months later...

that's the standard list that's straight from 4th gen with the 5th gen games tacked on. it's from 3rd gen, not 5th. it would allow them to give away pokes from gen 3, not that they would. it's the same values and everything.

IF something like that was made, it would be a "faraway place" situation.

Edited by Bond697
said it badly

Lets hope one is close, so that we can redo our memories on a new game. (My pokemon are imported in the gen 4 games)

My brother threw my Gameboy SP in the bath along with my Emerald that had all of my Ruby Pokemon. My Emerald had all of my good pokemon on it... That was 4 years ago... (Yes D/P was out with the DS but I hadn't got one yet)

I have more proof on a ruby and sapphire remake. While looking at the 5th gen wonder card map i noticed that on offset 0x04 says "ruby(sapphire)" on the middle option so that got me thinking that this is a hint to a R/S remake.

http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/5th_Generation_Wonder_Card_Map

But isn't that from Pal Park?

Eg. R/S/E --> Pal Park --> D/P/Pl --> Trade --> B/W

I don't see a remake of FR/LG or even R/S/E. They are just to new.

R/G/B were 8 years old when FR/LG were made.

R/S are 7 years old right now.

If a remake was to be made, it would be in 2011... Guess what? In 2011 they will be 8 years old.

Do you see where I'm going?

• 3 months later...

I honestly don't see them remaking 3rd generation games (even though your assumption of the remakes happening throughout the years has shown correct). They made FR/LG for 3rd generation only because you had very little access to Kanto/Johto Pokemon, and FR/LG helped with that. There was no way to access the Legendary Dogs if it was only R/S (unless they added it into Emerald, but then I think Emerald would have too many Legendaries/Ubers and things wouldn't be the same -- also because I think Emerald came before FR/LG?) and FR/LG was made basically because of the fact that you couldn't trade with the old cartridges (R/B/Y/G/S/C) which was a major letdown. So Nintendo was pretty much forced to make games to re-add those missing Pokemon, and they might as well do a remake of the classic Japanese original games (Red/Green).

As for the 4th gen. remakes of HG/SS I believe they made those mainly on two factors: 1) Because it was made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of G/S versions (one of the most popular Pokemon games even until today); and 2) For reasons why they made FR/LG are pretty the reasons for this remake. This way, you can catch the Pokemon easily, and just simply trade them over to your other DS Pokemon game version rather having to Pal Park (I did enjoy Pal Parking because I could duplicate stuff, let my Pokemon hold the items, and Pal Park them into my DS games). Also because they'd rather have you buy the new HG/SS DS games over the oldschool cartridge games to make things a bit... easier? Plus it gives them more business, as the new DS's don't have backwards compatibility and so they'd rather encourage you to buy a DS game to obtain those region Pokemon over buying a regular DS - DS Lite just to play the cartridge Pokemon games (and other games, etc.).

Edit: And to be very honest, if they did remake more remakes, I'd honestly be bored of them and probably play them on the PC rather spend my money on a somewhat tweaked game remake. Hopefully Gamefreak concentrates on making new Pokemon and releasing the third 5th generation game at some point with more bonus content than Platinum gave to us. But if they do remake R/S, then that's just being greedy.

~ Aether Nexus

• 1 year later...
So, now more and more people say that in spring -of 2013- the remake will be (probably) released in Japan. I find it really logical, but Nintendo hasn't confirmed it... Anyone with further information??

There is no mass conspiracy to keep information on official release dates from you.

One of my speculations on why it will be remade:

In DPPt, remember the area where "Pokemon can follow you".

This was prior to HGSS

Now its a new generation, and they've done the same:

They have that same area in B2W2, inside a house, using a NPC's Mienshao.

To me, the purpose is that its a "program testing"?

Test for what?

It probably means "another game in the same generation that includes the walking feature".

What Other game could they possibly make.

Black 3 and White 3 featuring the Original Dragon because Ghetsis escaped custody once again?

I doubt it.

It's probably a RSE Remake, as they enjoy milking remakes and putting walking in remakes.

And have everything in a previous game to have similar themed colored

(An abundant amount of Gold and Silver Colored appeared in DPPt,

And now B2W2 is filled with Red and Blue colored Items, titles, Banners ETC.

If you get what I mean, you get it; if you don't, I don't know how to convey it better :/)