Potential R/S/E remake..

AngelSL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Fr/Lg did nothing to me, hence why I hate the 3rd gen, Emerald was ok cause of the frontier, but I never liked the Sevii Island, they were tedious and annoying equivalent to orange islands.

I hit my head in the sealing when i saw Mewtwo in Cerulian cave. I thought what's that another Aerodactile of something?

Mew!

What the?! :eek::eek::eek: aha haa, Mewtwo

That was December 29 2004 at 11:58

yah but I think it will be a few years before the remakes because it isn't obsolete like RBY and GSC. those really needed an update so wait two to three years and then I expect to see the remakes. Hope they just push it over the top with all remakes because they already have a base for the story just add so many amazing features to blow our minds with of course the much needed graphic updates. It is strange and slightly unnerving to me to see how fast graphics become obsolete, look at the ps3 compared to the ps2 it unnerving. I know this doesn't make the originals obsolete but to me not as fun as newer versions of Pokemon games. Hopefully by the time of the remakes we will have new Pokemon to use.

Edited by bear831
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...

Provided there's some level of backwards compatibility, there's not much reason for remakes. Generation IV is cool in that every region is, if not totally rendered in this Gen's new graphics (though 3 of 4 will be, by the end of it), all regions are in some way compatible with the Gen IV games. Hoenn and Kanto (and through them, Orre) are compatible via Pal Park, and soon Johto (and by extension, Kanto) will be compatible through direct trading.

As for what the future holds, I'm thinking now that the Pokemon games use a form of local wireless for trading (as opposed to link cables, which tended to change with every generation or two of handheld), it'll be easier for Nintendo to retain backwards trading compatibility with D/P/Pt/Hg/Ss. Even if Gen V is on the DS's successor (which seems likely), I doubt the wireless communication protocols for the new handheld will be very different than that of the DS. So it should be relatively easy to allow for direct trading between Gen IV and V (and even future generations), given there's no longer any kind of cable technology as an obstacle. And if Gen V is compatible with direct trading between Gen IV (after the Elite 4, I imagine), then Pal Park is a bridge between Gen III and V, as well.

I don't really see them happening. RBE is way to new.

R/S was released in 2002. Almost 7 years ago. In a couple of years, it will be a fairly good time to remake R/S.

Red and blue were released to the US in 1998. Firered and Leafgreen came out in 2004. Thats less then a 6 year difference for US release.

Its already been more then that for Ruby and Sapphire; thats not "too new"

• 2 weeks later...

yeah a remake would be awsome i would love two see palkia and dialga vs groudon and kyoger but in my voce i think dialga and palkia would win but thats me

and a remake could bring new story options and stuff like platinum brought a colder climate to shino

True. And what I meant by "This game is way to new" is that is in a the previous generation. GB, GBC, GBA, DS are the generations and lets label the games under them.

GB: Red Blue Yellow

GBC: Gold Silver Crystal

GBA: Ruby Sapphire Emerald Fire Red Leaf Green (notice how this is 2 generations after the original)

DS: Diamond Pearl Platinum Heart Gold Soul Silver(Once again, 2 generations after GBC)

So this most likely means that Ruby and Sapphire will be in the next generation, two generations after its previous system. Looks like a possibility, no?

Hmm, I think everyone noticed that, I did @ least, but I'm thinking that the 5th generation will come into the DS. After the first 2 generation 5 games should come the 3rd game and them be announced the generation 3 remake.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Believe it or not, there is already another DS made but Nintendo does not plan on releasing it considering the fact that the sales for DS Lite and DSi are doing so well. The next generation is coming very soon, and I believe they will make a remake on that generation, as you can see from the pattern of my previous post.

And what's the name of that console? Features? Stuff like that.

Hmm, I think everyone noticed that, I did @ least, but I'm thinking that the 5th generation will come into the DS. After the first 2 generation 5 games should come the 3rd game and them be announced the generation 3 remake.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

And what's the name of that console? Features? Stuff like that.

They didn't tell us, I don't even think they will release it.

QFT

It's still only one Gen behind the 4th. :\

Yep, it sure is. Just one more to go. Remember the pattern of remakes release.

• 9 months later...

Pokemon Sapphire was the first PKMN game i ever played. I adore it. Hoenn is where I established my love for pokemon. I can still remember choosing my Mudkip and nicknaming him Sporchy. I loved Team Aqua. I miss being able to Dive in the ocean. Sootopolis was such a cool city. I miss my flygon and going to sky pillar and battleing rayquaza. A remake would bring me to tears. =D

Pokemon Sapphire was the first PKMN game i ever played. I adore it. Hoenn is where I established my love for pokemon. I can still remember choosing my Mudkip and nicknaming him Sporchy. I loved Team Aqua. I miss being able to Dive in the ocean. Sootopolis was such a cool city. I miss my flygon and going to sky pillar and battleing rayquaza. A remake would bring me to tears. =D

Lets hope one is close, so that we can redo our memories on a new game. (My pokemon are imported in the gen 4 games)