Breaking News: Gold & Silver Remakes Confirmed!

fenzo666

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there such a thing as a DSi exclusive game? (besides those downloaded ones)

N O!!!!

For crying out loud, I wish people would READ things once in a while!!!

There is NO SUCH THING AS A DSi GAME!

DSi download game are obviously DSi only, but many execs from Nintendo have REPEATEDLY said that there will be NO GAMES EVER THAT ARE DSi ONLY! ALL games will still be compatible with the regular DS and DS Lite.

That includes this one.

Also, I'm glad this has finally happened. Especially since it's a slap in the face to all of those idiots at idiot sites such as serebii and gamefaqs who always said "stop talking about this kind of thing because it isn't going to happen," and claimed things like a DS cart didn't have enough memory to hold all of the data included in Johto and Kanto.... yet a GameBoy cart could...

Edited by SCV
No need to insult.

Idd that's impossible. Nintendo has always wanted to promote an international communication :). My idea would be to buy a DSi here in Italy and an US version of this game, like 've done with platinum, that's why I was worried :)

Yeah, that's extremely old. October 2008 old. But I'm pretty sure the DSI is not region locked.

The DSi store is completely region locked. However, DS cartridges are not, because they were not region locked on the original DS. With the original DS, there was no difference in the software between different regions. I'm pretty convinced that the Gold and Silver remakes will work on all region DS systems.

I can't wait to experience the Johto region. Too bad that this is the 1-st time i'm playing a Gold/Silver... I envy people that have played these games previous versions(they are a lot more exited.Come to think of it People that no longer play Pokemon games and had Gold/Silver will buy these for old time sake)

Also, I'm glad this has finally happened. Especially since it's a slap in the face to all of those idiots at idiot sites such as serebii and gamefaqs who always said "stop talking about this kind of thing because it isn't going to happen," and claimed things like a DS cart didn't have enough memory to hold all of the data included in Johto and Kanto.... yet a GameBoy cart could...

Lulz xD I'm pretty tempted to peek at the Serebii Forums to see how badly they shat themselves >w> xD I think I'll sneak that in today xD

@Fallen: Hells yeah. I'm hoping that Kanto is nice and REAL this time around! And a challenge!

Maybe we can catch mewtwo in cerulean cave? That would be AWESOME.

I wonder if they will also have a Crystal version remake. Most/all Pokémon games are 3 versions, so I thought it could be a possibility.

Pokémon Game trios:

R/B/Y

G/S/C

R/S/E

Explorers of Darkness/Time/the Sky

D/P/Pt

I think that's it. So only R/B/Y don't have remakes. But there is FR/LG. :)

Lulz xD I'm pretty tempted to peek at the Serebii Forums to see how badly they shat themselves >w> xD I think I'll sneak that in today xD

@Fallen: Hells yeah. I'm hoping that Kanto is nice and REAL this time around! And a challenge!

Maybe we can catch mewtwo in cerulean cave? That would be AWESOME.

I hope so. I'M SO EXITED TO SEE ITS NEW SPRITE IN THE GAME.

I would be delighted to no end to have a generation 4 Mewtwo from A Johto game. It will be a first! I already want this game from today more than until i got my Diamond and Pearl on 17-may 2007. The release being 22 of April. I want this game sooo bad.

I wanted a new game with new pokemons and new region.

This is unique though.. they used to release each game or two sets of games every 2 years but this one is within one year.

Well Johto is probably the region where the story was held the least amount of time. So this is great news.. a remake to happen for Gold and Silver.

So I'm hoping for a non-remake game for the next one. Then they will probably make a Ruby and Sapphire remake.... wow. They're remaking because the kids playing now haven't played them.. I'm guessing. So there are still sales. FireRed and LeafGreen was boring.

YES!!!

The thing i dont understand is that the pokemon caught in Jhoto are route 205 ect... which arnt in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (i dont think). So will it have to be part of generation 5?

No it wont! The NEW GENERATIONS ARE ONLY ON NEW HAND HELD SYSTEMS!

Since this is a DS it will be 4-th gen.

I hope so. I'M SO EXITED TO SEE ITS NEW SPRITE IN THE GAME.

I would be delighted to no end to have a generation 4 Mewtwo from A Johto game. It will be a first! I already want this game from today more than until i got my Diamond and Pearl on 17-may 2007. The release being 22 of April. I want this game sooo bad.

AHAHA. YES, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! Only Mewtwo nerds are exited by that xD *fistbumps*

OMFGLKJLKJL Maybe they'll be a plot for him/her? SQUEEEEE~! *way too old of a Mewtwo fangirl u_u;;*

Actually, regarding RGB as to GSC, Blue was more of an upgrade than anything :/, but Crystal was a full-fledged 3rd game. It had a different PLOT (Majoritively). I'm not EXPECTING a Crystal remake, really, but it's more likely this time around :P

AHAHA. YES, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! Only Mewtwo nerds are exited by that xD *fistbumps*

OMFGLKJLKJL Maybe they'll be a plot for him/her? SQUEEEEE~! *way too old of a Mewtwo fangirl u_u;;*

Pretending not to notice the comment about the ''mewtwo nerds''

(I would pee my pants if that happend)<- i don't know how i wrote that:bidoof:

As much i would love that i don't see that happening...:(

Ya know how you get the GS ball in Crystal in Japan. Well we didnt have the items. and they wont need to make the items to recieve the GS ball. We have WIFI connection and TRU and Gamestop and any other video game retailer. Im sure it would go something like. maybe the wonder card would have Prof. Oak giving you the GS ball like in the Anime? Who knows. We have the technology. Why not?