Breaking News: Gold & Silver Remakes Confirmed!

fenzo666

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sldafjlksdjfaklsjdflk YAAAAAAY~! I do wonder if they'll be a crystal this time since FR/LG didn't have a blue? But unlike Blue to green and red Crystal was a full-fledged release :P

It's doubtful to make a Crystal remake. Because think about it, Platinum is the 3rd of a previous two. Like RB was to Y. GS was to C. RS was to E.

What I am saying is, they had a previous game to go by which made that 3rd easier to make improvements on. And since HG/SS is a remake of a previous... they already have something to go by, now its a matter of updating and improving graphics and play, changes here and there and make more to do.

And well... I think there was a Pokemon Green and all originally, because it was the start of the games, they maybe didn't think it would work out? And made a version of each starter instead. But I dunno.

Edit: Oh, they better put in the Mach Bike. in FR it was taken out which make egg hatching a bit longer than it should be.

Edited by Raukue
Added Edit.

Would just like to point out this is the 10th Ani for G/S

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

so this game, it has extra features for only DSi but does that make it exclusive to the DSi?

This has yet to be said or seen, so who knows.

Now that everyone mentions it the game should not be only for DS because Nintendo will probably loose customers. And for the people with DSi should be some bonuses (I'm glad i have one, FOR FREE!)

And it would be incredible if Nintendo managed to get Johto and Kanto in one single game, with all these new features!

I also have this feeling that the game is already made just needs to be copied and shipped to various retailers....:bidoof:

Good. i dont hafta buy an old gbc or gba and get gold silver or crystal.

But what im going to do is get Gold in japanese. Play that and beat it untill Silver comes out for US.

After seeing this news. I'm going to be excited all day, which is good because i hafta go to wrk at 6 in the morning. XDXXD

Thanks for the announcment and great names by the way. Dusk and Dawn. i didnt like those names. and i like how Ho-oh has the heart wings on that one and Lugia has a spiritual like lugia on it.

I doubt there will be a "Cyrstal" version. The 1st gen remakes didn't get a third version, so I think it's logical to conclude that the 2nd gen remakes won't get a third version either. I would certainly buy one if they did, I just don't see it happening.

Still, this is great news. I've been hoping and waiting for a 2nd gen remake for awhile now, and it's finally confirmed! YAY!

I can't wait to finally be able to catch a legit Celebi. I hope it's similar to the original. My best guess is that there will be a wi-fi event download (Like the secret key, etc.) that will give you a GS ball, which in turn will be used to obtain Celebi. I bet there will also be a TRU celebi event as well.

I started with Pokemon FireRed, I don't know anything about Johto. I really hope that:

This is NOT DSiware download game.

I own only a DS Lite, I don't need more.

I hope too, since i'd like to buy the italian DSi and the english version of the game (like i've done with platinum) instead of the italian, and some possible DsiWare downloadable would be sad and bad :(

I can't wait to finally be able to catch a legit Celebi. I hope it's similar to the original.My best guess is that there will be a wi-fi event download (Like the secret key, etc.) that will give you a GS ball, which in turn will be used to obtain Celebi. I bet there will also be a TRU celebi event as well.

Yeah but our luck it will be another Japan only event like it was originally.

We can all hope though.:rolleyes:

On the DSi specific-features, I think it'll mearly (Hopefully) make use of the WPA and WPA2 support that the DSi has, if large features such as use of the camera in the game were implemented, it may cause a bit of an uproar from fans without a DSi...

Also, are there any possibilities that it'll be released outside of Japan this year??

Regards,

Matt.