Breaking News: Gold & Silver Remakes Confirmed!

fenzo666

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Gold/Silver/Crystal were largely considered the best in the series, and fans have been demanding remakes for quite some time, it is unsurprising news. But just because it's expected doesn't mean that it isn't great news! Johto was a great region, and the return to it has been delayed too long. I just hope they do the games justice in the remake.

I'm very impressed with the names. And here I was, worried they would have trouble coming up with a new game.

I'm quite pleased; I didn't have the pleasure of playing the original gold and silver games, and I am quite excited to play the new ones. I really wonder how they are going to revamp the pokemon!

Its worth mentioning that this will probably be a DSi game.

I'm very impressed with the names. And here I was, worried they would have trouble coming up with a new game.

I'm quite pleased; I didn't have the pleasure of playing the original gold and silver games, and I am quite excited to play the new ones. I really wonder how they are going to revamp the pokemon!

Its worth mentioning that this will probably be a DSi game.

I seriously hope that they are not DSi games. For one thing, that will prevent the transfer of Pokemon from GBA carts to the game. For another, the Pokemon games do not need new camera gimmicks, and I hope Nintendo doesn't stick them on for no reason.

It might include some extra DSi gimmicks like maybe playing music on the radio from the memory card or change wallpaper. Any who we can probably expect this to come out around March 2010, about 5-6 months after the Japanese debut.

I dont know about that since i never played gold/silver (i started with Ruby and Sapphire)

Watch or lesten

Feel Johto, Its back!!!

Ironic, that video was put on May 10th of last year? When the announcement was going to be made May 10th in Japan? Heheh. Ah well it's great to see this remake which we all knew was coming but some of us still had our doubts about it. They sure kept it hidden for a long while, though there were hints and we expected it, nothing had been confirmed till now.

GSC was most near everyone's favorite. Sure I got Ruby and Sapphire and Platinum and they are nice and all but just don't stick with me. I had played Fire Red much longer because of the memories and it was a remake of a classic. I will feel the same about this remake of HG/SS, though not the same nostalgia feeling, there are still the memories and the first two generations were the best.

Though... GSC did seem rather short even though it had Johto and Kanto, the areas were rather empty and there was very little preventing you from the next gym. I am hopeful that they add more events and story in between gyms and more to do before you can go to the next gym. Obviously for the maps to be better as well. Just that was long ago and I am sure the gameboy color cartridge could not hold that much memory and they sort of rushed it at the end. But this time, with this day and age, they SHOULD add more story and events and things to do. I know they will update with how pokemon games are now with berries and their stats and moves. And I am pretty sure they are gonna try to keep it wi-fi compatible with DPPt.

Are there gonna be new moves? New pokemon evolutions of older pokemon? Who knows? We will just have to wait until more information shows up about all this. They better not disappoint. Though I know there are alot of you out there who don't like Nintendo for doing this or that and just hate on them, but think about it, with everyone getting ROMs of their new games they lose out on money so this only tries to level it out. So blame yourselves? :bidoof:

( Though I don't seem to see Nintendo bashing on here like I do in other places. Then again I am new to this site and only seen this post and another. Still though, it kind of applies and there is far worse than Nintendo out there. )

Edit: It better not be DSi only just to get us to get DSi, if it is then I will look down on Nintendo somewhat. I highly doubt it is but always that chance.

Edited by Raukue
Added Edit.

is there such a thing as a DSi exclusive game? (besides those downloaded ones)

yes it is a game that when you play it on a dsi it has extra features which cant usually be unlocked

source- Ive got a dsi

:grog::bidoof: my two favorite things smileys, and BIDOOFS!!

yes it is a game that when you play it on a dsi it has extra features which cant usually be unlocked

source- Ive got a dsi

:grog::bidoof: my two favorite things smileys, and BIDOOFS!!

so this game, it has extra features for only DSi but does that make it exclusive to the DSi?

About when it might come out in the US. I think Japan it is this fall? And looking back on Fire Red, we got it about 7-8 months after Japan did. So I can only guess around that time frame again. Would be awesome if shorter than that. Still a long wait either way.