My First Team

Ok, I'm not sure how well this team will work out, seeing as I just finished making it. I wanted to pick an offensive team, then I think I turned it into a balanced/stalling team, but I'm not sure. So rate my first team, tell me what could be changed, don't be gentle. By GOD do NOT go easy on me. So, without further ado, I have finished my introduction now I introduce to you, my team.

Electrode @ Focus Sash

Nature: Hasty

Ability: Static

EVs: 4 HP/252 ATK/252 Spe

Role: Lead/Suicide

- Explosion

- HP Ice

- Light Screen

- Thunderbolt

Starmie @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Timid

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 6HP/252 SpA/252 Spd

Role: Sweeper

- Trick

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

Weavile ♀ @ Choice Band

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 40 HP / 254 Atk / 216 Spe

Role: Counter

- Pursuit

- Ice Shard

- Brick Break

- Night Slash

Tyranitar ♂ @ Leftovers

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 104 HP / 144 Atk / 72 Def / 188 Spe

- Dragon Dance

- Counter

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

Ditto @ Focus Sash

Ability: Own Tempo

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Role: The Best Set Ever

- Transform

Smeargle ♀ @ Focus Sash

Ability: Own Tempo

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Role: Spike Lead

- Spore

- Spikes

- Endeavor

- Protect

Edited by That Pokemon Guy

There's one problem with this team: 5 out of your 6 Pokemon are weak to Fighting (beware of the COMMON Infernape)! There's some UUs and a few OUs. You'll need to have some team sync to make this to work though... and Ditto doesn't work good competitively unfortunately :(

Full rate coming soon... but those sets look nice :D

But having two OUs mean this team is automatically OU. You'll need to replace them with their UU counterparts, unfortunately :-/

Correct. Using a single Pokemon from a banned tier makes you play in that tier. 5 UU and one OU? You have a team in OU that'll be facing OU threats. 5 OU and one Uber? You'll be facing the threats of the Uber tier.

Since I noticed you mention "shiny", I'm assuming that this is for the Wi-Fi environment, and you're going by standard rules for competitive play. Next time though, make sure to explictly say so :)

Electrode @ Focus Sash

Nature: Hasty

Ability: Static

EVs: 4 HP/252 ATK/252 Spe

Role: Lead/Suicide

- Explosion

- HP Ground/HP Fire/HP Ice

- Taunt/Thunder Wave/Light Screen

- Thunderbolt

While Focus Band isn't banned, it only has a 10% chance of working. 90% of the time, it's like holding nothing at all. And remember, Item Clause is not standard rules.

The problem with HP Ground is the only common starter who'll even care is Heatran. Yeah, it'll hit Tyranitar and Metagross for SE damage, but they're bulky enough not to care. HP Fire knocks around Scizor, HP Ice hits most of the dragons.

Your third slot has better set-up moves than Screech. Taunt shuts down set up, Thunder Wave cuts down speed (useful when you're up against non-suicide leads), Light Screen gives you some Special Defense help.

If you're really determined to do Screech/Explode, then you can put it in Hidden Power's slot.

Shiny Crawdaunt ♂ @ Life Orb

Nature: Rash

Ability: Hyper Cutter

EVs: 8 HP/12 Atk/32 Def/204 Spe/252 SpA/

Role: Mixed Sweeper

- Crunch

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- HP Grass

Comment: Every team has a sweeper, and my sweeper would be Crawdaunt. I've always been a fan of this pokemon, I don't know why.

It's EVs are all over the place. There are many better sweepers for OU than Crawdaunt. This needs to be replaced. I think Starmie can serve this same role.

Starmie w/ Choice Specs/Scarf

Natural Cure

Timid

252 sp atk/252 speed/6 HP

- Trick

- Surf

-Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

Scarf is recommended over Specs if you're determined to use Trick and ditch a Choice item onto Blissey. But if you'd rather pack a punch and only Trick away as a last resort, use Specs. It also can absorb status. Yes, it can also Rapid Spin, but that doesn't fit on a Choice Sweeper set.

If you choose to go without Trick, Psychic, Grass Knot, or HP Fire can fit into the first slot instead.

Weavile ♀ @ Choice Band

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 40 HP / 254 Atk / 216 Spe OR 252 atk/252 speed/6 DEF

- Pursuit

- Ice Shard

- Brick Break/Superpower

- Night Slash

Comment: My Weavile is the basic Revenge Killer.

The 40 HP for Weavile on Smogn's standard set is for very specific moves. Life Orb Gengar's Thunderbolt or Azelf's Fire Blast. But Weavile really shouldn't be coming in on anything, so unless you're amazing at prediction, use the 252/252/6 spread.

Weavile needs to do as much damage in as little time as possible, so Superpower is recommended over Brick Break.

Tyranitar should not be used, because it's ability will then damage everyone else on the team. Choose someone else.

So your last 3 just aren't competitively viable. Smeargle should be using Spore, stat boosting and baton passing. That's about it. Spikes/whatever else can be done by others.

I'll make some suggestions for your 3 slots later.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take all this into consideration when redoing the team.

When posting an RMT, you want to be actively updating it as you get advice (as you see fit).

Like said before, you have 3 OU pokemon and three UU pokemon. Most UU pokemon are incapable of standing up to powerful OU titans, so you either want to specialize in UU or OU.

Ditto REALLY doesn't work competitively. Switch him out completely.

Your three OUs are Weavile, Tyranitar, and Smeargle.

I don't have the energy atm to write a full RMT, sorry, I was up late last night. Just be mindful to try to stay in one tier as much as possible.

Alright, Ill. I understand what you're saying about staying in one tier. I'm fixing to post an updated version because I've had a lot on my mind the past couple of days with my aunt passing away.

Also, RS, I don't see Superpower for Weavile on the Shoddy thing-a-ma-jigger.

I've done a quick edit of the team so far, given the suggestions from you guys. The pokemon in bold are what have been finalized and the ones in italics are the ones that still need to be worked on. And this was done on shoddy, just for the hell of it. If I'm going to make a team for WiFi, then I will use the Pokesav, just so you know.

• 3 weeks later...

Pursuit traps pokemon in who would die to it , even with its paltry 40 base power. While night slash lets you hit things like cresselia who can come in and wall you if you only have pursuit. Night slash is also just good STAB, while pursuit counter very specific threats.

Also, now the OP has 2 leads, a ditto still in his team so I'm confused as to what his strategy is . " ??? "