C-Gear Skin Exchange Thread

Bond697

Just wanted to thank everyone for sharing these skins, I had no idea that they were available (or even a thing) and missed most of them, and now I have no easy wi-fi I can get on with my DS.

However, I noticed on bulbapedia that there are also pokedex skins that you can get. Is there a comparable .sav editor that can apply pokedex skins, and are these being shared? I did a perfunctory search on the board, but it wasn't obvious. Thanks!

Have you tried Gimp? It should do the trick unless you are using more than 256 colors.

I tried and the image still becomes all grey when I load it with "pokecgear"...

does it exist a program to modify the .psk images?

• 2 months later...

This thread was very useful in helping me make my own c-gear skin. for those having the "skin data for c-gear deleted" error, the only way I found to make it work was to have a skin already.

1) Unlock a skin on the global link

2) Download said skin to your game (by connecting to the global link)

3) Then follow directions found earlier in the thread to replace the skin

If you don't have a problem replacing your skins, don't worry about it.

Also as a thank you, here is my custom Scizor skin for anyone interested.

Scizor1..zip

Scizor1..zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In that case, I need an NDS Adapter to hook my retail cart up to the computer? No way to do it with an Action Replay (since that's cheaper)?

Still quite handy though. You can change your C-Gear skins freely including expired ones without the fear of messing anything else up, and you can still use the Dream World normally I take it. This is quite handy if that's true, since I have to reset my Global Link stuff. Does tweaking with the C-Gear (like making your own skins) or even changing to pre-existing skins run the risk of messing with your save data at all, or is it totally safe?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering if these could be added to Generation V events since Pokemon Generator can now export C-gear. This would make it easier(??) to keep track the various C-Gear offered.

Edited by ibac

Hey all, found this thread through a Google search after getting curious on whether or not I could make my own completely custom c-gear skin. After a bit of playing around (theres some wierd limitations besides the size and color restraints) I was able to get it working! Was helpful having this thread for resources! I joined up to share my creation and maybe make some more here later!

scaled.php?server=684&filename=cgear.png&res=landing

Here is a download Link. I converted it already so all you need to do it load it through PokeGen =) DOWNLOAD

I have a little problem with the Pokegen C-Gear Background tool. So I have the background that I want in the left box,and when I click the left-facing arrow,nothing happens. And where do I export the background to?