C-Gear Skin Exchange Thread

Bond697

Alright I need some of you guys to try something for me, it sounds silly but do let me know if it works for you. (Did for me)

Step 1: Find a C-Gear skin you like (.psk format)

Step 2: Load .psk file into PokeSkinED

Step 3: Save .psk file from PokeSkinED

Step 4: Open up PokeCGear, load your save file and Import the new .psk file you just made

Step 5: Check if it worked and wonder wtf it didn't work before

Didn't work for me.

Additionally, PokeSkin ED gives me some weird error with a Yes/No option upon saving the imported skin, but I can't read it. Tried with the Pikachu/Piplup .psks posted in this thread.

Didn't work for me.

Additionally, PokeSkin ED gives me some weird error with a Yes/No option upon saving the imported skin, but I can't read it. Tried with the Pikachu/Piplup .psks posted in this thread.

Seems to be working just fine for everyone else, you're probably getting the 'are you sure you want to save changes?' prompt. I made a quick translation to PokeSkinED in my BW thread if you care enough to look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey people i have a question this c-gear skin program doesn´t crash the sav file or something and i ask because the japanese pokesav crashed on of my saved backups of my black version so i dont want to test and crash it by error so if somebody could say if it´s safe would be good to know

hey people i have a question this c-gear skin program doesn´t crash the sav file or something and i ask because the japanese pokesav crashed on of my saved backups of my black version so i dont want to test and crash it by error so if somebody could say if it´s safe would be good to know

If it wasn't safe we wouldn't be talking about it.

hello, follow the steps you put in the post of c-gear editor / pokeskin:

Alright I need some of you guys to try something for me, it sounds silly but do let me know if it works for you. (Did for me)

Step 1: Find a C-Gear skin you like (.psk format)

Step 2: Load .psk file into PokeSkinED

Step 3: Save .psk file from PokeSkinED

Step 4: Open up PokeCGear, load your save file and Import the new .psk file you just made

Step 5: Check if it worked and wonder wtf it didn't work before

but every time I start the game and before leaving the game data loading, a blue screen telling me: data (image) of c-gear have been deleted.

and then I get the screen to load, and after that the c-gear still image.

can you help me with this please;

I'm doing this with a R4 and a DS classic, and also I have a doubt that, you can do all these steps with a R4, (maybe there is failing?) and I hope you can help

Greetings and Thanks:smile:

I have a problem with the images. I can use only .bmp (256 colors) images, because when I import the other formats the program makes them lose all the colors an become grey. Using .bmp (256 colors) format, though, the images lose quality.

how can I convert .jpg images to .bmp (16 bit) format in order to import them without losing quality and colors? or, how can I do to use .jpg format?