C-Gear Skin Exchange Thread

Bond697

Guested edit:

You can get all of the skins at the page for the C-Gear Skin Gallery

5/19 - gonna clean this up and update the OP tonight.

C-Gear skins can be exchanged via PokeStock. Download it here:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12536

There's an app called "PokeCGear" that can open your save and save and load C-Gear skins to .bmp files. C-Gear skins are 256x192 if anyone is thinking about making some.

Nintendo C-Gear skin archive:

(Does anyone have the Tabunne skin?)

Choroneko

choroneko.png

Chillarmy

chillarmy.png

Munna

munna.png

Pikachu

pikachu.png

Edited by Guested

You can only have 1 skin on the save file, you'd have to go on the GL to change your skin which you can't do with someone else's save file.

Also people could mess around with your account by sleeping / waking things, which is annoying. I'd advise against posting save files for this reason :S

The Choroneko and Munna skin I found online on a Japanese site in PNG/BMP format, so I wasn't able to get the PSK format. PNG's don't work, so we have to use BMP images / PSK. Converting these PNGs to BMP lost the tile data.

PSKs have a tile format which can be seen in PokeSkinED, which is not preserved when converted to PNG. There's also a limited amount of colors to be used, which is why PSKs can be so much smaller in size but still have tile data.

PokeCGear has a problem outputting the images as well, as the furthest right pixel column is wrongly put on the left side.

also

We can't get the C-Gear skins to stick on the saves (the game says the skin is corrupted)...

tl;dr, need original PSK files from saves. You don't have to post the save file, just the ripped PSK.

It'd be nice to get a fresh psk for Choroneko and Munna :)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to modify the C-gear skin of mine pokemon black using the archive Piplup C-Gear Skin.zip but they do not obtained.someome that obtained can post me step by step as to change it skin will C-gear? I only receive this message C-gear skin dates has been lost!

Yes but they aren't out yet. T^T I'll be getting them as soon as they hit and I plan to upload Charizard first.

EDIT: Here are the Croagunk and Munna C-Gear Skins. I'll be grabbing Choroneko when I get on tomorrow. Are there any others that need to be grabbed before the Kanto Starters C-Gear Skins come out?

EDIT 2: Here's the Choroneko Skin.

EDIT 3: Here's the Charizard Skin.

Croagunk C-Gear Skin.zip

Munna C-Gear Skin.zip

Choroneko C-Gear Skin.zip

Charizard C-Gear Skin.zip

Croagunk C-Gear Skin.zip

Munna C-Gear Skin.zip

Choroneko C-Gear Skin.zip

Charizard C-Gear Skin.zip

Edited by Tsujin

I'll get to Chillarmy this week. I gotta got out of it with the US release of Black and White so I stopped for a while. xD

I'm getting Venasaur, Chillarmy, and then last Pikachu. And yeah it still can't exchange the skins yet.

Well considering that the Dream World and Global Link are down because of the Earthquake and Tsunami and that it's been off for more than a week which is why I was getting errors. Don't know how long it'll be before any language Global Links will be up.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I need some of you guys to try something for me, it sounds silly but do let me know if it works for you. (Did for me)

Step 1: Find a C-Gear skin you like (.psk format)

Step 2: Load .psk file into PokeSkinED

Step 3: Save .psk file from PokeSkinED

Step 4: Open up PokeCGear, load your save file and Import the new .psk file you just made

Step 5: Check if it worked and wonder wtf it didn't work before