White screen when i broadcast gift

r3dd09

I'm using the method where i use 2 ds systems, a flash card and a retail card using a nds file containing the event info. then broadcasting it.

i'm sure i don't need to elaborate on this method, i recently did this for the trio *which worked*. downloaded other nds files to get the past events, and when i launch the nds file, i get a white screen. Any suggestions? I'm using an acekard 2i if that helps.

Hmm, you should probably just edit your own save file using PMGE and upload the .PCD and .PGT files and make them distributable. I do that all the time for my friends and I've never got just a white screen. I'm using my Acekard 2i as well.

reading from where i downloaded the stuff, the person said he trimmed the files, so that could be why.

I love the help i'm getting from you, tsujin, but i'm completely new to ds stuff, just getting my card this week and my ds, but i'm not new to the whole "hacking" if you call it. So I'll just have to read some guides or something on how to do this, I did the the above method because it was easy and someone already had it done :P

if you could link me to a guide with the method you're talking about, i should be fine :) I enjoy learning new stuff.

thanks again.

Well I'm sure you know what the PCD and PGT files are correct? Well just open your save file with this program. Dowload 1.3 as i t's the newest one for 4th Gen games. 1.4 is beta for B/W.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6524-Pokmon-Mystery-Gift-Editor-%28v1-4-3%29-%28now-with-B-W-support%21%29

Open your .sav file and then upload the PCD and PGT files. Check the box to make them unlimited distribution and then just do the same thing you were doing and share the Mystery Gift with yourself. Hope this helps your problem.

That, or you could just inject the Wondercard into the rom yourself.

That never failed me.

Or that too. xD I guess I didn't think about a direct route since I was thinking about how I share it with my friends. Lol

That's basically what I meant though haha.

Just got home from work, making a backup of a game that that was shipped with a dsi that i bought. funny thing is, the game was pokemon diamond. has over 500 hours on it and it's a moderators game for 2 competitive battle sites. he asked me to send that game back.

so after i get this backup, i'm going to attempt the whole pmge

EDIT: attempted the PMGE thing, got it working, but the problem is, you can only distribute 3 pokemon, then you need to edit the .sav with the others. the reason i liked the way i was using before. * i'll have to link you guys to it, is demonoid.me links okay, if not i could upload the file. * you launch the .nds, and it's made to just distribute, no editing a .sav

now that i think of it, i'm going to try and see if i can replace the info on that file, with others. the cool thing about that .nds was you change the date of your ds, and it changes what pokemon was distributed. just how it'd be for getting the shiny trio.

double edit: there is this program that i'd like to use. it's how i got the trio in the first place via rom

it's called wcdpatcher. i can use the deoxys orig rom, and it works, but when i try to replace it with anything else. I get a white screen. I'd prefer this over the other methods of getting gifts because it's not editing a saved file, it's just a rom you boot up, and it broadcasts the rom/pokemon/gift you select.

Edited by r3dd09

it's called wcdpatcher. i can use the deoxys orig rom, and it works, but when i try to replace it with anything else. I get a white screen. I'd prefer this over the other methods of getting gifts because it's not editing a saved file, it's just a rom you boot up, and it broadcasts the rom/pokemon/gift you select.

The wcdpatcher program does something odd to the rom that newer versions of AKAIO don't like, either manually patch the Deoxys rom with dsbuff and a hex editor (I'm using HxD) or use AKAIO 1.7.1.

I've been doing it manually and they all work just fine on AKAIO 1.8.5.

Use dsbuff's Unpack option to extract everything to a folder.

Delete \data\debug.lz and \data\decchi.bin to make the final rom smaller (about 470 KB).

Copy 0x104-0x153 from your .pcd file to 0x10-0x5f and 0x100-0x14f in \data\data.bin then paste the whole .pcd file starting at 0x150. At 0x4A4-0x4A5 replace any numbers there with 00 00.

In \data\limit.bin replace everything with 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF to get rid of the date limit.

Delete any *.bak file in the folder. Use the Pack option in dsbuff, if the "Distributing -item-" text is wrong, search for the string (unicode) it shows in arm9.bin and change it (remember to end it with 00 00 00).

• 1 month later...

I figured out why the problem is happening, it is updating the secure area crc of the rom... but it's calculating it without encrypting it first which is what AKAIO is expecting. Since that area isn't even modified by the program, there's no reason for it to be updated in the first place.

To fix, do one of the following:

A) at 0x6C in the created rom

C3 79 --> 50 8B

B) Use the unofficial WCDPatcher 1.44 instead

C) Use Pokemon Distribution Patcher, which Pingouin7 linked to above.