FRLG RSE - Toysrus Mew Distribution GBA Cart

Twig

I would very much like to see a list of the PID of the Mew on your save file, if possible in the order they appear in the boxes. This could help because

- if a shiny seed is used on one of them but there's no shiny mews in the group (or it is skipped without an empty spot in the box) it could mean the generating program skipped the shiny mews. If there's a hole maybe the shiny mew was released or given away during the distribution.

- having the PIDs in order of appearance can help understand how the RNG is reseeded with a restricted seed after each group. With this knowlege it is possible to theorize which restricted seeds can appear on a whole distribution card by knowing only 1 PID from that card (in perticular, if a shiny seed should have been used). Note that I have the impression Sabresite already knows how it is done but he hasn't been telling about it

My impression given the scale of the event is that a few shiny Mew must have been generated for this event. I doubt they will resurface though, but we should be able to at least theorize their existence by proving at least one shiny seed must have been used on one of the distribution saves.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but that is only true for some of them.

Some European ones were like that. But apparently not all of them.

Japanese and American ones weren't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Considering there are only 420 unique Mews from this event and Sabresite uploaded every one to Pokecheck two years ago, would it be a problem releasing a FireRed save with all of them now?

EDIT: I'll settle for a zip with all the PKMs. Only asking because Pokecheck's STILL under maintenance.

Edited by Invader TAK

• 4 months later...

I've recently obtained two save files from two of these Mew cartridges. One save has Box 4 - 14 full, with 2/5 of Box 3 remaining. The other save has Box 6 - 14 full, Box 4 almost empty, Box 5 almost full, and Box 1 with 25 Mews that were manually moved there by the cartridge owner. From examination, it's quite obvious that each cartridge was injected with the same save file(Hall of Fame, TID, etc), which originally seems to have apparently been played through by a Nintendo employee.

However, from what I'm understanding from this thread, after the FireRed carts were injected with the save file, they were all then injected with unique Mews. This is where I'm confused. The two saves I have both have mostly identical Mews in the same Box, same slot. I'd guess between 95-98% are identical. I found a few here and there that didn't match up. I had assumed those Mews were originally traded, and later the holes were filled in again with Mews from another box by a previous owner. This had caused me to assume all carts had the same 420 Mews, but this thread has me confused.

I'm quite certain the two saves were not originally the same, as the owner of the cartridges didn't even know how to dump the saves until I taught him how to do so. He also purchased the carts from different eBay sellers, so it seems unlikely that someone previously had injected the same save into one of the carts.

If anyone who still has Twig's saves and wants to examine and compare mine, I don't mind providing them.

I'm pretty sure the consensus was that all the distro carts received a copied save file from a single master cart; only 420(?) different ones were generated. Pokécheck used this knowledge to verify the uploaded Mews.

So if that's the case, why did Twig's three saves all have different unique Mews? I'm confused.

• 1 month later...

Besides the debate of the mews being 420 or more than 420, since Pokécheck is still under mantainenance, is there a way we could get a save with those 420 mews? Alternatively, the two saves Deoxyz has would work. I don't think there's any gen 3 pkm of those mews around, and a save of the distribution cart would be interesting to have.

ps: as an alternative to a single save for all distributions or a save for each distribution, nintendo could have made a finite number of saves with different mews, then randomly distributed the carts.

• 1 month later...
Besides the debate of the mews being 420 or more than 420, since Pokécheck is still under mantainenance, is there a way we could get a save with those 420 mews? Alternatively, the two saves Deoxyz has would work. I don't think there's any gen 3 pkm of those mews around, and a save of the distribution cart would be interesting to have.

ps: as an alternative to a single save for all distributions or a save for each distribution, nintendo could have made a finite number of saves with different mews, then randomly distributed the carts.

No news on this topic? This seems to have been forgotten.

I've talked to several people, and I've gathered information on at least 7 save files other than my two, and every single save has been identical. Same Mews, same box, same slot. I've yet to find proof of alternate save files, so I'm not sure why it's been said they are all are different. I talked to someone on this forum who claimed to have one of Twig's saves, and the info I gathered when asked about the save confirmed it identical to mine.

That being said, I'm still against the idea of a publicly available Mew save. While I really would like it to be public to make it easier to preserve history, the nature of these Mew distro carts are easy to counterfeit with your everyday FireRed cartridge, and I don't want scams popping up on eBay. While it's the save data that is actually worth the value, and not the cartridge, it'd still be immoral to try selling any FireRed cart as an original distro.

I've PM'ed Sabresite to see if he still has the Mew files.

I myself have been thinking about collating the older generation files to a specific thread.

I have no problem with providing mine to you if you want it. I'd just advise a lot of consideration and discussion before anyone goes ahead and makes it public.

I've talked to several people, and I've gathered information on at least 7 save files other than my two, and every single save has been identical. Same Mews, same box, same slot. I've yet to find proof of alternate save files, so I'm not sure why it's been said they are all are different. I talked to someone on this forum who claimed to have one of Twig's saves, and the info I gathered when asked about the save confirmed it identical to mine.

That being said, I'm still against the idea of a publicly available Mew save. While I really would like it to be public to make it easier to preserve history, the nature of these Mew distro carts are easy to counterfeit with your everyday FireRed cartridge, and I don't want scams popping up on eBay. While it's the save data that is actually worth the value, and not the cartridge, it'd still be immoral to try selling any FireRed cart as an original distro.

I have no problem with providing mine to you if you want it. I'd just advise a lot of consideration and discussion before anyone goes ahead and makes it public.

Well, I think the ones Twig provided Sabresite was different.

Previously, Sabresite was able to generate 420 Mews (PID differences),

and they were uploaded onto Pokecheck.

But as we all know, Pokecheck is as gone as my ex-girlfriend, and I don't seem to be able to find those 420 Mews.

Question now is, are your Mews identical to the generated 420.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing your Mews, but somehow it feels safer if they are the same as the 420.

Cause if they aren't, then we may need to regenerate some seeds.

Well, I think the ones Twig provided Sabresite was different.

Previously, Sabresite was able to generate 420 Mews (PID differences),

and they were uploaded onto Pokecheck.

But as we all know, Pokecheck is as gone as my ex-girlfriend, and I don't seem to be able to find those 420 Mews.

Question now is, are your Mews identical to the generated 420.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing your Mews, but somehow it feels safer if they are the same as the 420.

Cause if they aren't, then we may need to regenerate some seeds.

I'd assume there being room for error with the generated Mews or one of Twig's saves. It can't be a coincidence that I've gathered info from about 9 save files from several sources, all of which were identical. I suppose it's possible that there are some rarer carts that had alternate saves?

Anyway, I'll shoot you a PM of my save files so you can research and whatnot, as long as they're kept to yourself and trusted members for the time being.