Swine flu, big deal?

Azelf

The normal flu may not have a direct cure but there are ways to combat it that are more effective then anything with swine flu.

HottSushiz, how long have you had the symptoms and do you have a fever. A fever showing up could mean that you have something more then a cold. If you have had the symptoms for a long time it should mean that you dont have it. I've had a stuffy/runny nose and a soar throat for a week now and I'm sure it isn't the swine flu/normal flu. If it was then I would have a fever and have a violent chronic cough. I dont have any of that. Some of the symptoms might show but that doesn't mean you have the flu.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick bump / update on Influenza A (H1N1):

Obama (Mr. Genius) had the fantastic idea to spend 190 million $$ of government money to fund research for a vaxxine for H1N1, a virus that has killed all of TWELVE people in the United States.

Thats almost 16 million dollars spent per each dead person.

Secondly, the actual "swine flu" virus isn't transmitted from pigs, to pigs, or has anything to do with pigs. The only reason it was named that was because of a slight similarity in H1N1 to a virus that some pigs have.

Yay for spending money we don't have.

HottSushiz, how long have you had the symptoms and do you have a fever. A fever showing up could mean that you have something more then a cold. If you have had the symptoms for a long time it should mean that you dont have it. I've had a stuffy/runny nose and a soar throat for a week now and I'm sure it isn't the swine flu/normal flu. If it was then I would have a fever and have a violent chronic cough. I dont have any of that. Some of the symptoms might show but that doesn't mean you have the flu.

I have just recently recovered from a fever, really bad sore throat, runny nose, wheeziness, (thanks Asthma) and a coughing fit, they all lasted around 2 weeks.

it was horrible, it was bad enough i had to drink the capsule anti-bioethics, (is that spelt right?) which hurts even more with the sore throat, the coughing fits were down right annoying, i would just randomly woke up then cough back to sleep, I'm pretty sure i wasted like 2-5 tissue boxes, i wasn't able to walk my dog for AGES! poor doggie. :(

It's been a huge joke in our school since the suspected case (see my thread in OT) In our Senior Edition of the school newspaper, there was a 2-page story of our 2009 25-year reunion, where our valedictorian found a cure for Swine (She is going to become a doctor) and then somehow pigs came into the scene and they became mutant zombie pigs. Not quite sure how that happened...lol Oh, and because our school peers always said "School will close when pigs fly" close enough. xD

I don't think its as big of a deal as some people make it. Sure people have died, but those are people who didn't use sanitizer or at least kept themselves clean. No need for schools to close down either. Just keep the student home for a while, but not the whole school. If people take more showers and don't over react, it won't turn out that bad when its all over with.

Swine is currently headed downwards to the equator where their flu season is just breaking out...sources say it's going to get stronger and make a comeback in northern parts of the world soon afterwards. Who knows exactly what that means. The H1N1 virus is officially a pandemic, ladies and gentlemen. Only meaning that it's spread to most countries in the world, not that it's very severe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

American people aren't the brightest bulbs in the light bulb factory

they a defective, cheap brand

Says the guy who can't bother to spell correctly or use proper punctuation. :rolleyes:

While the US has the most reported cases, in proportion to it's population, other countries are much worse off. Germany has 22,000, Australia has 36,000, and Brazil has had the most deaths from swine-flu.

But hey, who needs facts when you can just make a mindless anti-American post?

EDIT: so yeah, I was gonna infract/warn everybody who made a post that was low content (IE most on this page). But then I got bored and had something to attend to, so I'm just closing this thread.