Event Distro Modifications

I am curious,

Is it possible to modify a current 4th gen Distribution cart image to become visible to Black and White's Mystery gift visibility?

I remember for the jump from DPPt to HGSS it was a simple matter of changing a few bits of code. Any idea if anyone has experimented with the code to see if Black and White can be added in as well for card reception?

I am curious,

Is it possible to modify a current 4th gen Distribution cart image to become visible to Black and White's Mystery gift visibility?

I remember for the jump from DPPt to HGSS it was a simple matter of changing a few bits of code. Any idea if anyone has experimented with the code to see if Black and White can be added in as well for card reception?

DPPt and HGSS were built on the same engine and mystery gift compatibility was by design. BW is totally new. Specifically, the wondercard data structure is new, which is the main thing killing this idea.

• 3 weeks later...

5th Gen and 4th Gen Wondercard, structure is completely irrelevant to this theory's possibility! Your theory IS POSSIBLE, but only if BW's local wireless protocol used to search and receive mystery gifts is the same as the 4th Gen protocol.

Basicly, the 4th Gen games' protocol would search for an 80 byte download header. Then, if they found that 80 byte download header, they would download the wondercard. The 80 byte download header is the text that is displayed in the prompt before mystery gift download. We already know that the 5th gen wondercard is smaller than the 4th gen wondercard. If BW has the same text prompt before wondercard download, AND if that text is 80 bytes or less, then this theory is possible.

If this theory is possible, then someone could add 0's to a 5th gen wondercard and add 0's to a 5th gen download header, and then insert both of these into their respective locations within a distro cart.

Edited by arhacker