Complete Noob: Transferring Save from PC to DSi

Rinduri

Alrighty then... I'm new to the whole flashcart thing (and indeed even DS-related things, just got my own a few weeks ago) so please allow me to ask this question in my utter noobiness. I didn't exactly know where to post, but I figured this would be an okay section so sorry if I am wrong.

My question is simple: is there a way to get the a .sav of SoulSilver off of my PC and onto the legit, in-store bought cartridge version of the game? I bought a DSTwo flashcart in anticipation of being able to do this feat, yet lost all the threads and guides on how to do so in the gap between wanting and acquiring... only to have my Google skills fail me presently. I -think- it is possible, but, like I said, I don't know enough to figure it out on my own... and so I have come here. You guys have some threads on how to do the reverse (DSi to PC) for Platinum in the above stickies, but I honestly get lost halfway through them and I am using a different game...

I know that you can use http://www.shunyweb.info to convert the file into a format that can be read by the flashcart, but I'm not sure how to get that same save onto the SoulSilver cart. Please help.

If your original save file from the PC works in Pokesav, then you can use http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves

If you don't have slot 2 memory, then you need http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog/NDS-Backup-Adapter-Plus-p-3018.html

Alright thanks for the response. I've spent the last hour reading some more stuff... the first link you gave me would have me think as if this is just now, as of December, being able to be done, and yet there is a section on this site dedicated entirely for requests so that users who cannot access pokesav on their DS can get trades for desired pokemon. Such trades would require the person trading to be able to access pokesav on a legit copy of the game or transfer the saves on and off the PC... yet how is this done?

The same link, the first, also has me getting the FTP error, most likely because I don't have a 3-in-1... yet when I have a SD card inserted the same thing happens (DSi, of course). Again, I'm new to this so I'm not quite sure what is going on. I read through the posts and gathered that there was mostly nothing I can do. What is the 3-in-1 thing and what is the device in the second link - why would I need these?

I've heard about 'Rudolf's Tools'... perhaps I could try that? I'm not sure...

EDIT: Got some answers on GBA temp as to the tool in the second link... I kinda see how this all works out now. But is there any other way to avoid the $30 pricetag?

there is another way using rudolphs tools. however it involves opening your ds cartridge. to do this you open the cartridge, then bridge the 6th pin from the right side of the card to the top left pin on the top left chip. when done properly this allows you to use any method to backup and restore your save file. i recommend using rudolph's wifi backup tool or and ARDSi when working with saves. in order to use the wifi backup tool you need a program called small ftpd. there are plenty of sites around with instructions on how to set up the small ftpd and the wifi backup tool.

if you decide to use one of these methods and get confused PM me

Alright thanks for the response. I've spent the last hour reading some more stuff... the first link you gave me would have me think as if this is just now, as of December, being able to be done, and yet there is a section on this site dedicated entirely for requests so that users who cannot access pokesav on their DS can get trades for desired pokemon. Such trades would require the person trading to be able to access pokesav on a legit copy of the game or transfer the saves on and off the PC... yet how is this done?

The same link, the first, also has me getting the FTP error, most likely because I don't have a 3-in-1... yet when I have a SD card inserted the same thing happens (DSi, of course). Again, I'm new to this so I'm not quite sure what is going on. I read through the posts and gathered that there was mostly nothing I can do. What is the 3-in-1 thing and what is the device in the second link - why would I need these?

I've heard about 'Rudolf's Tools'... perhaps I could try that? I'm not sure...

EDIT: Got some answers on GBA temp as to the tool in the second link... I kinda see how this all works out now. But is there any other way to avoid the $30 pricetag?

the nds adaptor+ rocks, i've had mine for awhile and i really like it. rudolph's tools are free, but the adaptor is really nice and convenient and works beautifully with most any ds or dsi game.

Thank you all for the responses. I already knew about the way with opening the cartridge, but didn't want to attempt it since I've never done anything like that before and certainly don't know how to solder. But...

thank you for supplying images evandixon. i use this method because my cart broke open anyway and i dont have the money to buy an adapter plus. as a side note, i don't solder when using this method

How would that work -without- the soldering?

Thank you all for the responses. I already knew about the way with opening the cartridge, but didn't want to attempt it since I've never done anything like that before and certainly don't know how to solder. But...

How would that work -without- the soldering?

there is a hole above the pin that connects to the ds, i thread one end of the wire through the hole, then i just bend the other end till it connects to the save pin then i tape it down

there is a hole above the pin that connects to the ds, i thread one end of the wire through the hole, then i just bend the other end till it connects to the save pin then i tape it down

Well if it can be done without soldering like you say then I may just go ahead and do that, since I only need to transfer it once. Thanks for all the info guys!