Event: Shiny Johto Beast Trio and English Celebi Leaked, Now Available!

NewsBot

I wouldn't even consider those few early GAMESTP Celebi's to be legit either. Getting an employee to change the date of the DS so you can get the event early is pretty much the same things as the leaked Distro Cart. Granted that the only difference was that they got it in the store from the DS instead of just downloading the Wonder Card from the site and injecting it into your save.

I wouldn't say it's the same thing, because it came from the real cartridge that was sent by Nintendo, while using a distro rom requires the use of an external device.

Besides, if a game store broke the street date for a game, would you consider that game non-legit just because Nintendo didn't meant for it to be released early?

And I agree with Greymon, because there are only so few GAMESTP Celebi that were actually obtained from the store itself that any one you find has extremely good chances of being hacked (Or at the very least, legal.)

While it requires an external device the distro rom also came from the cartridge that was sent by Nintendo as well. It just wasn't on the physical cartridge. I can see your point obviously in the fact that it was gotten without any use of an external device however and gotten from the store itself that had the physical distro cart but it's still very similar in a way.

Also the difference with the game that was released early was that it was released at a point officially period. The GAMESTP Celebi was never released. It got replaced by the WIN2011 Celebi. So in order for there to be a Legit or Legal Celebi Nintendo would have to eventually officially release the GAMESTP Celebi. At least that's how I see it from my point of view.

I personally think Nintendo should simply have told Gamestop stores to change the date on the distribution DS'es.

Because this "Gamestop" Celebi makes the Mall Tour one much less special.

Well technically the Mall Tour one is supposed to be able to be obtained on Feb 21th too.

In fact, the Mall Tour event started before the Gamestop one and will end after the Gamestop one.

• 4 years later...