Event: Shiny Johto Beast Trio and English Celebi Leaked, Now Available!

NewsBot

• Bot

Article Posted by <a href="/forums/member.php?25">randomspot555</a>: <a href="/news/274/Shiny Johto Beast Trio and English Celebi Leaked, Now Available!">Shiny Johto Beast Trio and English Celebi Leaked, Now Available!</a><p>

The distribution cart distributed to Gamestops across the nation for the upcoming shiny Johto beast distribution has leaked.  And research has shown that an English Celebi is also included within this distribution cartridge.  </p>

<p>

Like the Japanese Celebi, it is at level 50, inside a Cherish Ball, with a Classic Ribbon.  It's OT is "gamestp" and it's Trainer ID number is 02271.  It's moveset is Leaf Storm, Nasty Plot, Heal Bell, and Recover.</p>

<p>

Based on it's Trainer ID number, it has been speculated that distribution will start February 27, 2011 at Gamestop stores across the United States.</p>

<p>

Special thanks to Nigoli for extracting the Wondercards.  You can download them <a href="http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?5164-Event-Contribution-Collection&p=109784&viewfull=1#post109784">here</a>.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that there are indications that the Celebi distribution begins on the 21st, I'm really curious why the start date in the software is the 27th. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of Gamestops won't have the Celebi on the 21st, as they won't be able to figure out why it's not distributing.

That would seem like a lot of effort and expense to go through on their part for no reason. More likely their instructions to Gamestop employees will simply feature a note to set the DS system date ahead to the 27th on the first day of the event, and then on the actual 27th correct the date to normal. Why they'd do that I have no clue, unless the change to the Celebi giveaway's date was a very last-minute change.

Now I can't wait for the 21th just to see how Gamestop stores will react when they find out it doesn't work.

Unless, of course, they got instructions to put the date forward to the 27th on the 21st.

The GAMESTP ones still aren't fake, because it was possible to obtain them without cheating.

Many people did go to Gamestop and managed to get the employee there to change the date on the DS so that they could get the Celebi early.

And some employees deliberately let people download Celebi early.

I would say they simply are a less common version of the event, since much fewer people managed to get the GAMESTP one from Gamestop.

The GAMESTP ones still aren't fake, because it was possible to obtain them without cheating.

Many people did go to Gamestop and managed to get the employee there to change the date on the DS so that they could get the Celebi early.

And some employees deliberately let people download Celebi early.

I would say they simply are a less common version of the event, since much fewer people managed to get the GAMESTP one from Gamestop.

You know the odds of there being any high number of real legit occurances of that is slim to none, especialy when you factor in the leak and people being lazy.

True you could say that but isn't that basically the same thing as getting the Wonder Card? Besides the fact that it's a little more legit. And I say little because setting the date forward to get it early doesn't really necessarily mean it's not fake. The point is that Nintendo did not release the Gamestp Celebi. The only released the WIN2011 Celebi in the US which means that nobody should've gotten the Gamestp Celebi.

Well I guess arguing about this one would be like arguing about the difference between legit and legal.

Well, even the legality of GAMESTP Celebis might be arguable, they were never released officaly.

Sure, the distribution cart was built and leaked, but that particular Celebi got replaced, so it was never legitly distributed.

and as far as I thought, for something to be Legal, does it not have to mimic something that is Legit?

So, in that sense, there cant be Legal GAMESTP Celebis if there isnt any Legit GAMESTP Celebis.

True. It's arguing a thin line over the Celebi.

But the point of view I see it from is as Soladept put much more concise than I was of that. It was never officially released so it's like it never happened and cannot exist legally. It's only that we happened to get the leaked distribution cart that we got it in the first place.

So, in that sense, there cant be Legal GAMESTP Celebis if there isnt any Legit GAMESTP Celebis.

There are legit GAMESTP Celebi, since some people got the Gamestop employee to change the date on the distribution DS so that they could get Celebi early.

But very few GAMESTP Celebi were obtained that way, which means a legit version of this event is pretty rare.