Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v4: Revenge of the Translation (read first 3 posts)

randomspot555

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting. Didn't know about the Romulation version of the translation. How complete is it?

Anyway, I was translating the High Link but I haven't finished yet. Haven't had a lot of free time lately and there is tons to do. I've completed quite a bit though, but I'm not making progress as fast as I like.

Regardless, I plan on releasing a patch today with what I have done. I plan on making four versions of the patch. I anticipate finishing with this sometime tonight.

Original Names

Original Names/Kana

New Names

New Names/Kana

hey guys, happy this translation thread is still up and running. I havent been on the forums in a while so can some1 show me to the newest patch ? I followed one of the links on the first page on it sent me to a page that said version 7 was the newest patch but i read something about a version 9? Sorry guys I dnt mean to be a pain but just curious

Just making sure, Koolayde: you will be checking for cases such as "an Araragi" becoming "a Juniper," right? There are also a few other things like the "Minezumi to you-nezumi" joke and the hints for some of the Sekka/Icirrus quiz questions, off the top of my head.

I've been updating my stuff with names (though haven't bothered to add Koolayde's edits), but I'm probably not going to translate any more at this point. If the official English translation isn't particularly great (which is looking to be the case so far), I might consider going through and fixing it up, but eh. It would be more for myself than anything because I doubt too many people care, except maybe for the parts that are likely to get changed a fair bit (Ferris wheel, "Why can't my parents stop Twittering?", "If I'm wearing a bikini, where do I keep my Pokeballs? Teehee... woman's secret!").

Yeah, going to be running a whole ton on consistency checks.

I'm in the process of merging our repositories now. I'll be checking all of the latest information after I finish the merge operations. After I do that, I will run a very through consistency check on all the changes made. I use Visual Studio to do this. It's able to search within a large group of files very quickly. I have to merge the repository by hand. I estimate between three or four hours until I post patch files.

The primary consistency checks are complete. I'm currently digging into 3\0122.txt and double checking those quiz questions and answers. Will check the other quiz as soon as I finish. I could not find the Minezumi/Patrat joke you referenced. If you remember which file they were in I can fix it before I release.

Also did a basic check for grammar errors, but could not find any. That does not mean that they aren't there, though.

After I do this, going to make sure the new names of all the Pokemon in there and check their Pokedex entries. Getting there.

The "Patrat pageant" is on Wonder Bridge, 3/279. Also, I just remembered I changed "Hodomoe Honcho" to "Driftveil Don" in the Gym Leader gossip show (3/462). I think that's about it, unless you count changing "SAZANAMI!!!" to "UNDELLYEEEEEAHHHHH!!" (3/451) just for the heck of it.

Version 9.00 is Released!

Version 9.00 Pokemon Black Patch

Version 9.00 Pokemon Black Kana Patch

Version 9.00 Pokemon White Patch

Version 9.00 Pokemon White Kana Patch

Mirror:

Version 9.00 Pokemon Black Patch

Version 9.00 Pokemon Black Kana Patch

Version 9.00 Pokemon White Patch

Version 9.00 Pokemon White Kana Patch

Patch Installation Instructions

+===========================================================+
          +            PATCH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS                +
   +===========================================================+

WARNING!
Follow these to the letter!  I'm not responsible for you corrupting, misplacing,
or accidently deleting your ROM or save game if you don't take two minutes to read
these instructions!

==========================================================
   STEP 1.  BACKUP YOUR ORIGNAL SAVE AND ROM FILES!
Make copies of your ROM and your save file and store them in a safe place!
I'm not kidding!

* -	Most Nintendo DS ROMs have the extension .nds.

* -	Save files can vary depending on which platform you are playing on.
Examples: .sav, .dsv

STEP 2.  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CLEAN VERSION OF THE
            ROM TO PATCH THE GAME WITH!
You have a clean version of the ROM we are about to patch, right?
Do NOT patch over the previous version of the translation!
Do this and you'll be asking for trouble!

=========================================================
   STEP 3.  GO AHEAD AND PATCH THE GAME!
=========================================================
Didn't read the first two steps?  Well, go back already!

This is what we have all been waiting for, right?  Well if you were able
to follow the first two steps then we are almost done!

a.  Extract the files into a folder which you can easily get to.
	There will be three files in the archive.
		xdelta.exe
		xDelta GUI.exe
	* and ONE of the following PATCH files *
		9.00PokemonBlack.patch
		9.00PokemonWhite.patch
		9.00PokemonBlackKana.patch
		9.00PokemonWhiteKana.patch

b.  Go into the directory in which you extracted the files to.
    Run xDelta GUI.exe

Click [select Patch].  Select the patch file that is applicable
    to the version you downloaded.

Click [select ROM].  Select the CLEAN version of your ROM that we
    are going to patch.  Do NOT select the previous version of the translation!

Wait for about 60 seconds before continuing.  There will be NO popup stating
    that the patch process is complete!

c.  Look for a ROM that has '_patched' in its name.  That is the
    newly patched ROM.  Did you make a backup of your save and your
    current ROM?  Because if you did, well...

d.  Rename the ROM to something along the lines of PokemonBlackV9.nds
    The name for the ROM iteself isn't very important, but you must know
    which one it is!

e.  MOST important part!  Unless you like starting over from scratch, take your
    save file (that you HOPEFULLY backed up) and rename it so that it matches
    the name of your ROM.

If your ROM is named PokemonBlackV9.nds, then you need to name your ROM
    PokemonBlackV9.sav or PokemonBlackV9.dsv.  The last part of the filename will
    vary depending on the emulator or the flash cart that you use.

f.  Depending on how you are playing the game, you may need various other patches
    to gain EXP, use the Union Room, or other features.  This patch DOES NOT
    include those patches too!  You MUST re-apply them.

This includes, but not limited to:
	* - Rudolph's Child's Play Patch (In order to gain EXP)
	* - Rudolph's R4 or R3 patch (In order to fix the black Union Room freeze)
	* - Other patches that I may not have listed here.

g.  The patch process is complete!  You may go ahead and play your newly patched game,
    but you will be FAR better off reading the information below!

FAQ:

Do I need to use a clean dump of the game in order to use this patch?

Yes. Trying to patch over the previous version may cause issues. Don't do it.

Which version of the Logo is this patch using?

Same as the last patch. I could not find help to get the released logo into the game, but that isn't very important. You can still play it. xD

Does this include the EXP patch, or any of the other game fix patches?

No. If you need those fixes, then you will need to apply them AFTER applying this patch.

Do I really need to read the README? (Or that wall of text for instructions above?)

Yes! Not only will you be more informed, but you will have a less of a chance of accidentally messing up your saved game.

Can I use my old save game or do I need to start fresh again?

You may re-use your save without problems. However, in order to do so, the name of the save must match the name of your ROM.

Where I can I find information from the other FAQs that were posted?

Link is here.

Please give vgperson a thank you for letting me include his most recent translations into this patch!

About this patch:

This patch implements a mostly translated Entralink. (Formally known as the High Link) The Entralink is roughly 60% translated. All the main areas and the missions are translated. However, quite a few NPCs that you will encounter while visiting the towns and cities in another person's Entralink may not be translated. This should not be an issue for the time being.

I have included all officially released information including item names, terminology, town names, NPCs, abilities, and move names. All Pokemon have their English names.

Black City, and White Forest have not been translated as of this version. I will make an attempt to get these done ASAP. I was working on the High Link, but some of the files are very large in size and I will not be able to finish it before the US version is released. We will see what happens.

Also, I had posted earlier in the day that I would have a version with all of the original names in it. I won't have anymore time today to work on that patch, but I will release that version within 48 hours. I have a very long work day tomorrow. Please bear with me until then.

As always, please report errors and inconsistencies in this thread so I may fix them. You may also report problems at my GIT repository issue tracker, located at https://github.com/Koolayde/Pokemon-Black-White-Story-Translation-Files/issues A bugfix release will be made if the amount of problems warrant it.