Pokémon Black and White Translation Project v4: Revenge of the Translation (read first 3 posts)

randomspot555

Yeah, been super busy. Haven't checked the forums lately, but, I'm still working working on the High Link files. There is still a ton of work to do. It's much bigger and its taking way much more time than I thought.

And, I saw that list, but I wonder if it is safe to include them into the next patch...

I hope to get Black City and White Forest into the next patch.

I think it's safe to say that you can include it. If you want to anyways.

Good luck though. I would help, but I wouldn't know how I could. :/

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, been super busy. Haven't checked the forums lately, but, I'm still working working on the High Link files. There is still a ton of work to do. It's much bigger and its taking way much more time than I thought.

And, I saw that list, but I wonder if it is safe to include them into the next patch...

I hope to get Black City and White Forest into the next patch.

Again with the English release only about a month and a half away I probably wouldnt bother putting the official English names in there anyway since most people are going to move to the official English version anyway and even I prefer them without the names in there because we are so close now to that official English release ;p

I wouldn't say Excalibur, probably Excavate. Sounds more of the burrowing type, methinks.

Besides, Haxorus isnt bad at all. I mean, they all have the word "Ax" in their name, so why not? :P (to Antar)

I say the names are just like the pokemon: People were so quick to judge, they never gave them a chance. :P

(to AuroraVirus) I'd figure there'd be no point, but also there'd probably be a pretty bad AP on the English release too, which would be a severe pain. So I guess I'm half and half with the English names thing.

Well, the image claims it's from Legendary Pokemon, but they don't have any news up about it. And some of the names just sound fake: Haxorus? Seriously?
That wasn't the original leak. But I doubt that picture was actually from Legendary Pokémon.

AFAIK, The leak was originally posted at Pokémon Millenium (an Italian fansite), which claims it was leaked by a Nintendo of Italy employee named "Simona". The English names were leaked, coupled with Italian localized species types.

ok, i don't know who would delete this, i asked a simple question to koolayde

ok, im having a bit of an issue when trying to fix something and well, the PPTxT program crashes on the main narc file (2) on the file (0188) and i was wondering if there was something to do about it

Basically, you need to use a clean a\0\0\2 and a\0\03 NARC files when using PPTXT (from a clean ROM). Patching over previously edited ones causes the crash you are asking about.

based on the link Romruto1 posted, along with the other names, I would guess it'd be safe to say that the leaked list of names is fairly accurate. That's my opinion anyways.

Yeah, I know I was skeptical at first, but I'm now thinking this must be legit. Laame.

First of all, I would like to thank Koolayde for doing such a great job. Thank you! :)

I would also like to report two minor mistakes I found earlier today: TM93 has been translated as both Wild Charge and Wild Bolt in different situations. When the Pokémon attacks, it's Wild Bolt, but it's Wild Charge in the bag; and Profesor Juniper's dad is still named Professor Araragi's dad when tou talk to him in her lab.

First of all, I would like to thank Koolayde for doing such a great job. Thank you! :)

I would also like to report two minor mistakes I found earlier today: TM93 has been translated as both Wild Charge and Wild Bolt in different situations. When the Pokémon attacks, it's Wild Bolt, but it's Wild Charge in the bag; and Profesor Juniper's dad is still named Professor Araragi's dad when tou talk to him in her lab.

It's a shame that you have to update a name EVERYWHERE, instead of just updating it one place and having it carry through everywhere. That'd be so much easier.

Someone had done that in an earlier post, so you may have to do some searching around for it. But there's a patch with English names around here.

I am aware but that is for v7 and not v8 although I eventually figured it out myself and added it in to my own copy of v8