Event: Whoops! Bug found in Secret Key WC!

NewsBot

the diamond/pearl pokesav in the front page has a bug when loading PKM file .. ^^

see it for u'r self

and also I assume that the one in the download link use the "Proper ARDS code ouput' =_=

well i would prefer to use the proper list for pokesav ..

and "hexing" and fixing several word like egg hatched to received and great march to marsh , etc by myself

as for wonder card ..

it's better to extract it using hex editor rather than using pokesav .. ( for me) xD .. because it will fix many problem xD ..

it's kind of like "using" PCDsafe" in the hard way , but the safest way ^^

Does this bug have any effect on the Mystery Gift that's delivered to the recipent (e.g. the key)? or is it only a problem in the Wonder Card delivered from the save file affected by the Pokesav 0.4c app?

thanks...

Edited by Poryhack

one question, when extracting the WC files from a sav using the diamond/pearl pokesav does it make the WC hacked?

read this

The PKM Database recently discovered a fairly significant bug in all versions of Pokesav .40c (Pokesav Platinum .06d does not have the bug) that you should all be made aware of, as it just might affect the legitimacy of your wonder cards. The bug is in how Pokesav reads a wonder card, either directly from the save or when importing a PCD file. If a file that is supposed to be available to any cart (that means Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum) is loaded, Pokesav will read it as being available to Diamond and Pearl only. This can affect the legitimacy of wonder cards that are supposed to be available to all three games because when the PCD is saved or written to the save it will be saved the way it’s read. This means the part that says the game is available to Platinum will be erased, and I don’t think anyone wants that. Fortunately for us, this is only a minor inconvenience once people are aware of it and how to fix it.

Fixing it is simple, just check the platinum checkbox and it will write/save the PCD with the correct value; apparently the bug is only in the read part. Make sure to tell your friends; we don’t want any hacked wonder cards floating around.

if u want it purely untouched and unedited .. then try to copy it from the savedata structure using hex editor ^^

well what program would i need to do that to extract the pct and pgt files? and how would i go about doing it?

Would anyone like to actually help me with this as i dont wish to have a hacked wondercard because pokesav is broken with this bug, so if someone could help with what what he program i need to extract the pct and pgt files and how i would use the program