NDS - Not Working, Think it is a contrast issue

Ringo

Last night my DS Lite suddenly had a strange problem. Both screens turned a bright white. I had been soft-resetting trying to RNG abuse for the first time.

I thought at first my game had just frozen. I turned it off, took the game out, reinserted it, and turned it back on. Once again the two screens were bright white. I thought the brightness just got stuck too high, and tried tapping the lower corner of the touch screen. It changed the brightness, and I noticed that the screen seemed "faint", I could tell that what should be on the screen was there, and was acctually more noticeable if I tilted the DS looking at it at an angle.

So, basically I can tell that my DS is "working" in that I can start it up, I can start a game up, and all the buttons are working... but the screen is just not functioning correctly.

I have never dropped my DS, or mishandled in anyway.

Is there a way to adjust contrast as well as brightness? I am convinced this should be an easy, although admitedly probably obscure fix. I have searched all over the internet and all I can find is references so a "white screen of death" co-inciding with use of action replay, which I was not using at the time this occured. Also this sounds different than the white screen of death as I can still see "some" screen details.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix or at least have a guess?

I DO have a original DS as well, wich I had bought used with a broken hinge and I only use at home for trading between my pokemon games. I really want my DS Lite working so I have something I can take around with me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Ringo

I'm not sure... Could be any number of things, but by the sound, it most likely has to do with the wire connecting to both screens... Sounds oddly similar to what my old, red Phat did (RIP) when it got close to dying... The wires to the top screen stopped working and it caused the top screen to be really bright and have a distorted picture...

• 3 months later...

Mabye someone used your DS and dropped it. 6 days after Christmas I broke my shiny new DS by falling on it and it looked exactly how you describe your screens (except only the touch screen went white.)

• 1 month later...

Depending on where you bought your DS you may have a warranty on it. Most stores (such as GameStop), have a guaranteed 30-day warranty and you can pay around $10-20 to get a 1 or 2-year warranty. It wouldn't hurt to check it out, other then that you can't do much considering it's not really a flaw when you were the cause (considering most cases it's because you drop/fall on it).