PokeStock BW (2.0+)

Kaphotics

Update: got around to getting the newest version.

Newest version here [2.4].

twitter.com/PokeStock amu

The pokestock program from gen 3 era has gone through a good deal of updates since it was last on the radar, and it has a bunch of new features.

Inside the download package is a bunch of folders, and a bunch of files as well. One click download link so you don't have to navigate to the Japanese downloads with passwords.

??????????????????????

PokeBox

PokeBox2

PokeBoxGBA

PokeBoxCGear

PokeGift

PokeGift2

PokeIllustrated

PokeIllustrated2

PokeItem

PokeItem2

PokeMAIN

PokeTrainerS

Stock

PokeBoxGBA is a 3rd gen PKM Party/Storage Editor
PokeBox is a 4th gen PKM Party/Storage Editor
PokeBox2 is a 5th gen PKM Party/Storage Editor
PokeCGear is the C-Gear Skin Editor, HL Editor, and Black City / White Forest Editor
PokeGift is the 4th gen Wondercard Editor
PokeGift2 is the 5th gen Wondercard Editor
PokeIllustrated is a 4th gen PokeDex Editor
PokeIllustrated2 is a 5th gen PokeDex Editor
PokeItem is a 4th gen inventory Editor
PokeItem2 is a 5th gen inventory Editor.
PokeSkinED is a C-Gear skin Editor
PokeTrainerS is a 5th gen trainer card Editor

PokeCGear image:

PokeCGear.png

[bond697] oh god
[bond697] it was built with visual C++ 6.0

From looking at it for awhile, it has tons of obscure filetypes. ".bi2" corresponds to a .pkm file, at least to the party PKM size.

Just felt like posting it, seems like it has a bunch of new features that can be used.

Edited by Kaphotics

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice catch, guys.

At a quick glance, it seems like you can edit just about anything.

Too bad he couldn't put them all into a single program.... but at least his interface doesn't suck AS much as before... (still pretty bad).

For those who want to get rid of the garbled/non-encoded text, you can use Applocale to open it in Japanese if you don't have a recent version of WIndows (Vista/7) to open it in Japanese.

The C-Gear app is a real lifesaver, since it fixed my Black City guys who i inadvertently allowed to leave.

Use the bottom button on the app's main page to access the Black City + White Forest editor.

Expired trainers appear on the right list, move them to the left list by inputting their details and using the first button ('Modify', i guess) like you would in pokesav's item list editors. To be safe, set the numeric value to it's max (100) just in case. Not sure if it's how it works legitimately, but i also erased the right list afterward (using the third button).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
With all the updates that happen, someone's gotta start a team to regularly translate it like Project Pokemon did with Pokesav...

Well, I translated a litle bit of the lists - here are Pokemon list, their moves, abilities and list of trainers that appear in Black City/White Forest. Substitute it with files from /POKEMAIN folder. Finally something can be undarstood!

BTW the rest of files in this folder are mostly some pokemon accesories, like cushions, mats, desks, you name it.

TecMst2.txt

CharMst2.txt

T_BWTown.txt

PokeMst2.txt

TecMst2.txt

CharMst2.txt

T_BWTown.txt

PokeMst2.txt

That means "Files with extension .psk or .bmp".

.psk files seem to be a kind of compressed raw data, because editing some bytes at the beginning creates repeated patterns in the whole picture.

It works with normal .bmp files too, so you don't need to get special image files.

BTW, I'm currently translating some parts of the C-Gear Editor with the help of HxD (hex edition), Notepad++ (bytes to Shift-JIS conversion) and Google Translation, but it is very limited because of the small length of Japanese text compared to its English translation.

EDIT :

Well, I translated a litle bit of the lists - here are Pokemon list, their moves, abilities and list of trainers that appear in Black City/White Forest. Substitute it with files from /POKEMAIN folder. Finally something can be undarstood!

BTW the rest of files in this folder are mostly some pokemon accesories, like cushions, mats, desks, you name it.

The file T_BWTown.txt contains trainer names but you put Pokémon names instead...

I'll also translate the item names ASAP.

EDIT² : I finished translating the files for the C-Gear Editor v2.4.

I had to shorten many words in the program.

"Abl" is Ability, "Qty" Quantity, "Bck" Back, "Lft" Left, "Rgt" Right, "Frt/Frnt" Front, "Ctr" Center, "BlkCty" Black City, "WhtFrst" White Forest, "Chd" Challenged, "Satisf." Satisfaction (it increases when you challenge the trainer, I don't know the actual word for this).

I'm unsure of what the buttons on the left of the main screen are because I never actually used the C-Gear.

If someone knows about it, please tell me what is the correct translation.

Here are the files (with the fixed T_BWTown.txt).

The *.txt's go into POKEMAIN and the .exe (extract it before) into PokeCGear.

T_BWTown.txt

PokeCGear.exe.zip

ItemMst2.txt

T_BWTown.txt

PokeCGear.exe.zip

ItemMst2.txt

Edited by M@T
Added files

The file T_BWTown.txt contains trainer names but you put Pokémon names instead...

Well, I did that because when I see "Backpacker Emi", I don;t want to constantly remember which Pokemon does he have.

I'm unsure of what the buttons on the left of the main screen are because I never actually used the C-Gear.

There are many areas in High Link Forest and apparently Pokemon may appear in different areas. Oh, and you made a mistake - on the front page it's not "Ability" (Abl), it's Attack. You cannot change the Dream World ability.

Oh, BTW, can I post a link to your translated Cgear onto Polish Pokemon forum? I've just written an aticle about pokecgear there.

Oh, and you made a mistake - on the front page it's not "Ability" (Abl), it's Attack. You cannot change the Dream World ability.

You're right, thanks.

The corrected .exe is attached to this post.

Oh, BTW, can I post a link to your translated Cgear onto Polish Pokemon forum? I've just written an aticle about pokecgear there.

Sure you can. :D

PokeCGear_1.1.zip

PokeCGear_1.1.zip

Hmm.... Now that is interesting. in the High link forest there are 7 areas

............. Bck Top...........     

CTR Left........CTR.....CTR Rght

FR LEft........FRONT....Fr Rght

.............entrance.........

But there are 3 more areas in PokeCGear, called Back, Back left and back right. It seems that they wanted to make HL forest look like this:

......X......
X.....X.....X
X.....X.....X
X.....X.....X

Or maybe I'm missing something? Are there more rooms when you go into high link?

Edit: Wait a minute, this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBLuk6PrBBI has 10 rooms...

Edit2 Oh, and one more error M@T, button "Insert" should be called "Copy", because that's what it does :)

Edited by piotr_mil

Edit2 Oh, and one more error M@T, button "Insert" should be called "Copy", because that's what it does :)

The original text is "挿入", which means "insert/insertion/incorporation" according to Google translation.

It copies because when you select a line, the fields under the list are filled with its informations, so by pressing "Insert", you copy the line.

But you still can modify the fields, so you don't actually "copy" anymore, that's an insertion.

The original text is "挿入", which means "insert/insertion/incorporation" according to Google translation.

It copies because when you select a line, the fields under the list are filled with its informations, so by pressing "Insert", you copy the line.

But you still can modify the fields, so you don't actually "copy" anymore, that's an insertion.

I agree its actually better to Insert and Edit rather individually editing slots for pokemon and Item

Question

By the way, referring to the white forest and Black City Menu

whats the difference of frnt trainers from back trainers in POCKETMONSTER WHITE?

Edited by faospark
typo

I don't know what it means exactly as I never used the C-Gear.

The original Japanese text is "裏住人" for "Back Trainers" and "表住人" for "Front Trainers".

裏住人 is pronounced "Ura jūnin" and 表住人 "Omote jūnin".

I think "jūnin" is "trainer" here, and 裏 means "back, rear, reverse side, inside, undersurface" while 表 means "front, obverse, face, outside, exterior" according to Google Translate.

So it is either front/back, outside/inside or visible/hidden.

A! Of course! I think this is the other player's Black City/White Forest, when you go this place while in High Link. When you connect your game to someone's other game, that other game sends its list to the right table and you ca visit other player's place.

...at least I think that's what it's for.

• 2 weeks later...