BW DW Event - Mamoswine

Guested

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's male so cannot breed and pass down DW ability.

Bah, so much for a non fire weak/ice resistant revenging Mamoswine. Oh well... I guess I will have to deal with my Snow Cloak version for Ice Sharding purposes.

Hail, Ice Fang, Take Down, Double Hit... if only they were so kind to add Ice Shard. It wasn't meant to be :/

Regardless, Thick Fat is a great addition. I'll see how I can work this one out.

How are there 96!?

I'm willing to bet that he made a backup of the save file before receiving the Mamoswine, then proceeded to capture Mamoswine 96 times by restoring the save file each time.

• 2 weeks later...

ReignOfComputer graciously sent me his save file so I could RNG flawless Mamoswines and make them available to everyone for competitive use. Assuming somebody manages to find a competitive use for Ice Shard-less Mamoswine.

Attached are Adamant, Jolly, and Naughty (for mixed sets) Mamoswines. Each nature comes in either a Dream Ball (for DW coolness) or a Poké Ball (to disguise the fact that your Mamoswine has no egg moves).

FlawlessDWMamoswi.zip

FlawlessDWMamoswi.zip

• 2 weeks later...
I'm willing to bet that he made a backup of the save file before receiving the Mamoswine, then proceeded to capture Mamoswine 96 times by restoring the save file each time.

So wait one second. I am failing to see how capturing 96 times works.

You transfer a pokemon to DW then you make a backup save.

You bring captured mamoswine to current save file and extract the mamoswine .pkm file.

Then you replace with backup file and bring captured mamoswine again?

but isn't mamoswine gone from DW already? I am confused.

How extractly do you get whole bunch of DW pokemons?

Oh. Ok I now get how it works. Thanks for quick reply.

But then... Isn't nature and IVs set from the point where mamoswine is transfered?

meaning even if u capture again in Entralink, it will be the same as the one before.

I guess it wouldn't matter because you can tweak them with pokegen.

Bah, so much for a non fire weak/ice resistant revenging Mamoswine. Oh well... I guess I will have to deal with my Snow Cloak version for Ice Sharding purposes.

Hail, Ice Fang, Take Down, Double Hit... if only they were so kind to add Ice Shard. It wasn't meant to be :/

Regardless, Thick Fat is a great addition. I'll see how I can work this one out.

Technically you could just use Pokegen to copy the Mamoswine twice and change the gender of the second, then breed it. The egg and the hatched pokemon would be legal and still have the DW ability..

Perhaps by in-game standards. But that combination cannot exist, so it would not be legal.

Hm. Couldn't you give an everstone to the male Mamoswine? In which case giving it a fifty percent chance of having the ability? Or do the everstones not work on the DW Pokemon?

• 2 months later...