A tool to backup HG/SS saves

Pokedoc

I realise this thread dates back 2010, however if you have an Nintendo 3DS running either custom firmware or the homebrew channel this has recently become so much easier to do.

Using the homebrew app TWLSaveTool you can backup / restore DS saves directly on the 3DS totally offline. You don't need to mess about with legacy WEP secured wireless networks, Firewalls, FTP's servers or GBA / DS flashcards.

Essentially you load TWLSaveTool on the 3DS, dump the save to the 3DS's SD card, job done in under 20 seconds! The same goes for restoring saves too. :smile:

Read: Nintendo DS Save Game Backup Using The Nintendo 3DS

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise this thread dates back 2010, however if you have an Nintendo 3DS running either custom firmware or the homebrew channel this has recently become so much easier to do.

Using the homebrew app TWLSaveTool you can backup / restore DS saves directly on the 3DS totally offline. You don't need to mess about with legacy WEP secured wireless networks, Firewalls, FTP's servers or GBA / DS flashcards.

Essentially you load TWLSaveTool on the 3DS, dump the save to the 3DS's SD card, job done in under 20 seconds! The same goes for restoring saves too. :smile:

Read: Nintendo DS Save Game Backup Using The Nintendo 3DS

Wow, that's awesome!! I need it for restoring my saves from 5 gen.

• 9 months later...

Hey all,

Realised this is actually solved with 3DS homebrew, but the only way I currently have to restore a save for Pokémon Black is using the FTP method with a WIFI conection for my DS Lite.

Got the server running, all correctly input. When I chose Restore - the .sav file I need is already on the root folder in my PC - it downloads the file on my FTPD and shows as such.

However, back in the NDS app it only says FTP is slow please wait... and its stuck at 1%. Obviously I would think the restore itself can't be compete. I know I have the right filesize for the .sav, right game, region etc, but I cant really know how to fix it. Any thoughts?

@Pokedoc