A tool to backup HG/SS saves

Pokedoc

Ok so when I use 0.3.0 with my R4i3ds (latest firmwire WOOD R4 V1.49) on my 3ds I start up the program and it immediately freezes with a black screen. When I use the older version of the program 0.2.4 I get to the menu and choose to back-up my save (im trying to do my pokemon black save) it tells me to switch out the carts and when i put pokemon in it says "save file size 0kb" or something to that nature making me think it isn't recognizing the game. What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I set everything up right (FTP server, Wi-Fi, etc.) and was so excited to be able to use my HG/SS/B/W saves in Pokegen, and...DLDI error. I patched it right and everything, ised all the versions of the DLDI patch, but still nothing. That's what I get for buying an Action Replay, huh? ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me? I did everything FTP mode told me to and it still wont connect :/. It connects to the AP and then it says FTP server missing. I put the correct IP address, username and password and set the FTP Port to 21. I have to set to LRW also. I'm trying to restore a save in pokemon white

When you get the option to select a new file or write a new save is it supposed to show any .sav files in the specified folder? I'm getting stuck on the writing process. It stays at 0% for so long that it times out on my FTP server. I just can't figure it out.

Using 0.2.4 because 0.3.0 simply refuses to load on my flashcart.

I have LRW permissions set, and the directory is set to C:\savegame_manager.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to back up my Pokemon White save. I'm using an Acekard 2i at the latest firmware with version 0.2.4 of the savegame_manager, because 0.3.0 always crashes for some reason.

I keep getting stuck on "connecting to AP"

I'm using a DS Lite, my port is forwarded, everything seems to be working.

Is there any way I can get the latest version to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you all know that while .30 doesn't seem to work on my slot1 either, it does work on my EZ4 when dldi patched for it and with a gba header added to it... and when it's run from it in DS mode (flash/passme).

So I guess the slot2 support works great but the other modes seem broke.

For wifi/3in1 stick with .2.4, for slot2, .30 RC1 seems to work great.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an original R4 on an DS Lite using Wood R4 OS, and I just seem to get a black screen when starting the program.

This is with .30 RC1 btw.

.24 is working but the moment I stick my White cart in, the Lite reboots to system menu and crashes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this tool works yet for Pokemon Black 2 or White 2 (trying now) but I'm getting a similar problem. I have used this tool successfully before to backup and restore my save file on my SoulSilver (can't remember how) and am using the same settings as before.

I start the restore process up, and it hangs at "Connecting to ftp server" or whatever, then after a while tells me the server is missing. I have the WiFi set up for Auto-detect the IP, if that matters. As far as I know, I never changed the settings from last time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I got an AceKard2i and I got v0.2.4 on it. It's working on the acekard but on the dstwo it does not work at all.

Anyway I just backuped the .sav of pokemon white, heart gold and black 2 and now I wrote an edited .sav back to black 2 I can confirm it's working!!!!

Also after each backup or restore reinsert the flash card with the program and start it from there but wait a little till your smartFTPD says 0 users connected.

Hello!

I've been using this backup/restore tool for Pokemon white for a week now. Everything went fine set up and all. But now I can dumb save files but I cant restore save files, it get's stuck on Reading file: (file name) with the bar at 100% saying the FTP is slow, please wait

Any ideas what can cause this?

My flash cart is Cyclo DS Evolution

I have an issue, guys! Can anyone help?

Ok, so I've been trying to backup by Black 2 sav using the FTP Mode on the smallftpd program. I follow the guide completely for WiFi Mode, but it never finds the server when I try to backup the game. I have successfully backed up and restored my SoulSilver before, though I'm pretty certain it was a different program...

Anyway, I have an M3DS Real and an EZFlash V (not a 3-in-1). Anything I can do here, even with another method? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to backup using WiFi mode. Will this work with the SavSender script (which uses netcat)? Also, when I tried to dump my Pearl save just now as a test run, it just sat there saying it was searching for a connection. Any ideas?

The downloads don't have the 'savegame_manager.ini' file it says to put onto the sd card. The only files I see close to the names are "savegame_manager.nds" & "savegame_manager.pdf" am I missing something here?

Make sure you're downloading the sgm_0.3.0.RC1..zip. That download has the .ini file for me...

• 2 months later...

Considering I am just using this program with Pokémon games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White/Black 2/White 2), I got two questions:

1. What's the save type of the backup file dumped with save game manager?

2. If I have a .dsv file (DeSmuME save file), how do I change it to a file which can be restored to the retail cartridge?

• 2 months later...

Question. I beg of you, please don't ignore it. I swear my directory folder is exactly how it is written on smallftpd. I've checked hundreds of times. So...why does it say "dirFile access failed???" Not only that, but most likely because of that, when I press A after switching between my flash card and my retail card whenever I try to backup or restore a file, nothing appears on the bottom screen as opposed to those dots in brackets. Yeah...please help. As a note, I've allowed this program through my firewall, used the correct IP address, and had my username, password, and FTP port number match up.

• 1 month later...
I have a R4 and I patched the nds file but I get a full black screen when I run the nds file. Can anyone help?

1. Have you tried both versions?

2. What kind of R4 are you using?

3. Which loader are you using for your R4 (WoodR4?)

• 2 weeks later...