A tool to backup HG/SS saves

Pokedoc

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could give me a hand. I'm trying to back up my Pokemon Black save file using this program.

I'm using a DS Lite as well as an AceKard2i

I've got SmallFTPD set up as follows

[server]
port=8080
max_connections=10
auto_run=0
[passive_mode]
pasv_min_port=5000
pasv_max_port=5010
use_pasv_url=1
pasv_url=account.dyndns.org
[user_0]
user_Login=zam
user_Password=zam
user_Simultaneous_Connections=3
user_Inactivity_Timeout=1200
permission_Path_0=/
permission_Type_0=LRW
directory_Virtual_0=/
directory_Physical_0=C:\savegame_manager

I'm using Save_Manager.nds v0.2.4 because 0.3 just gives me a black screen when I load it. Here is my ini for Save_Manager

ftp_ip = 192.168.3.5
ftp_user = zam
ftp_pass = zam
ftp_port = 8080

Everything seems to be working great, the program loads, tells me to swap into my game, then it access the FTP, I can see it on the FTP server window but all it says is

#0 - zam - PASV (/)

When I hit L+R on the DS to create a new file it says:

Writing file:
/POKEMON B.0.sav

FTP is slow, please wait...
[---------0%--------]

It will sit there on 0% no matter how long I leave it running. I'm running a very expensive wireless router that is sitting on the same desk that I'm my computer and DS is on, it's literally 10 inches from the wireless router. It shouldn't be running slow. The whole time the DS says the FTP is slow in the smallftpd window it just keeps saying

#0 - zam - PASV (/)

. Any ideas on what to do?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please help me? Im trying to back up my pokemon white save from a retail cart. Im using an R4 with wood 1.36 firmware. I also have an ezflash 3in1 expansion pak. I downloaded the 0.3.0.RCI version of savegame manager and put the 'lang' folder,changlog, nds file, and configuration settings on the root of my 2GB micro SD. When I start savegame manager my ds lite shuts off immediately. I dont know whats wrong, please help!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the tool, which sadly I cannot find the answer to clearly enough in the Readme.

Does the tool ONLY support FTP transfer? And does 0.30 add other types of save copy/restore? What are the steps for using the tool? I tried launching the 0.30 and the DS shut down.

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the tool, which sadly I cannot find the answer to clearly enough in the Readme.

Does the tool ONLY support FTP transfer? And does 0.30 add other types of save copy/restore? What are the steps for using the tool? I tried launching the 0.30 and the DS shut down.

0.30 doesn't seem to work for me. Try the version just before that, supporting backup with an EZ Flash 3in1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you~! I backed up my Black and SoulSilver Versions as a test, and it worked beautifully!

Overall, the tool worked wonderfully with my M3DS Real! Well... It worked nicely, I should say. Backing up went off without a hitch and worked on an emulator, then I transferred SS Pokemon to Black. I then went to restore the save to my SS game (so as to retrieve my main team, I'd never switch their game permanently), and it scared me a little. It took 3 tries to get it to work correctly...

First time, after inserting the game it just went back to the menu of the tool (not usable though). Try #2 said it was writing the game, then finished but it didn't really do anything... >> Finally, the third try actually gave me the reading and writing progress bars, and that one worked wonderfully~!

Anyway, thank you for a VERY useful tool~!

I have tried to go through this thread and others to search for an answer, but I cannot seem to come up with anything that works. I have a Supercard DSTwo and everything appears to work, but when I try to run v2.4 it gets to the "Press B to continue..." screen and just hangs. I have updated the firmware from the DSTwo website to version 1.13 and to the latest EOS version, but it still will not work. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried to go through this thread and others to search for an answer, but I cannot seem to come up with anything that works. I have a Supercard DSTwo and everything appears to work, but when I try to run v2.4 it gets to the "Press B to continue..." screen and just hangs. I have updated the firmware from the DSTwo website to version 1.13 and to the latest EOS version, but it still will not work. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try using the previous version and see if that works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I read from this page: http://cyclods.wikidot.com/homebrew:savegame-manager

that the Pokemon Manager tool can be used for original DS and DS Lite only. But as the page hasn't been updated for a year, I was wondering if this can be used if the user has a 3DS console only. I'm planning to buy a 3DS console as well as the legit Pokemon Black copy and I would like to back up my save files as well as edit them for liberty ticket and other events I missed due to not buying tge game when it came out at launch.

Sorry if these are very stupid questions, I'm not very good with hacking. I would like to edit my retail catridge game save file directly though, because I don't want to buy flash cards which are piracy and troublesome to keep updating. I read this can help edit my save game directly but I don't know if this process can work with just 1) 3DS & 2) a wi-fi connection.

Thank you!

Hello, I read from this page: http://cyclods.wikidot.com/homebrew:savegame-manager

that the Pokemon Manager tool can be used for original DS and DS Lite only. But as the page hasn't been updated for a year, I was wondering if this can be used if the user has a 3DS console only. I'm planning to buy a 3DS console as well as the legit Pokemon Black copy and I would like to back up my save files as well as edit them for liberty ticket and other events I missed due to not buying tge game when it came out at launch.

Sorry if these are very stupid questions, I'm not very good with hacking. I would like to edit my retail catridge game save file directly though, because I don't want to buy flash cards which are piracy and troublesome to keep updating. I read this can help edit my save game directly but I don't know if this process can work with just 1) 3DS & 2) a wi-fi connection.

Thank you!

Check this

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16601-How-to-Backup-Restore-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-(D-P-Pt-HG-SS-B-W-Nearly-any-other-DS-game

I looked at the thread, does it mean that there is no way for a 3rd system/console to backup save games using this pokemanager? So I would have to borrow someone else's DS to do that?

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that I can use wifi or a 3-in-1 to transfer my save files to my pc and then back again to the retail cartridge.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just thinking, would it be possible to add a function to the tool, so that when loaded on a 3n1 in a GBA you could backup gb and gbc games by loading some code into the ram to copy the saveddata into part of the reamaining RAM plus a message to be displayed afterwords, swapping the flash cart with the game, waiting for the message, swapping the 3n1 back in, and saving the data to the sd card?

I think it's possible because the GBA has 128kb total of VRAM and 256kb WRAM so there should be more than enough space, as the largest GBC sav I've seen is 64kb.

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
256 kb not mb

I was just thinking, would it be possible to add a function to the tool, so that when loaded on a 3n1 in a GBA you could backup gb and gbc games by loading some code into the ram to copy the saveddata into part of the reamaining RAM plus a message to be displayed afterwords, swapping the flash cart with the game, waiting for the message, swapping the 3n1 back in, and saving the data to the sd card?

I think it's possible because the GBA has 128kb total of VRAM and 256mb WRAM so there should be more than enough space, as the largest GBC sav I've seen is 64kb.

That's more of a program for the GBA, instead of an addon for this program.

It isn't my area of expertice, but I'm doubting that this would work. I REALLY doubt anyone would want to write it.

You're better off trying this:

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/1187-how-backup-gameboy-gameboy-colour-save-games-retail-cartridges.html

If that doesn't help, here's a post that may be more helpful:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?2040-Concerning-The-Battery&p=27072&viewfull=1#post27072

I actually meant a nintendo 3ds system as I currently own one. I think it came out as "3rd" cause my iphone autocorrected the spelling. So I take it my 3ds can be used? But I don't know the thread states that 3ds has no support?Sorry for all the questions and my confusion, I have had no prior experience with hacking save files. Still reading and trying to figure things out.

Edit: I'll read the new links you've posted. Maybe I can find some answers there.