What new type/type combination would you like to see?

bob266

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?9772-New-type-combinations

I found this on the Black and White forum discussions. It used to be a discussion on what new types you would like to see, but kind of turned into a discussion about what the new types in the 5th Gen are.

As for a new type combination, maybe normal/ghost? I mean that would have pretty good defensive typing with only one weakness and three types that can't even touch it.

I found that topic too. However, I'm still in debate whether it should be merged or not because it was merely speculation and all.

Normal/Ghost also has another notable advantage: it is immune to both Ghost + Fighting, which is currently the only two types that allow for unresisted coverage. It also gives one a reason to run both Ghost and Dark moves if that were the case, but they'd probably forgo that for a powerful STAB move or something.

I'm still waiting for my Ice/Fire or Water/Fire...

I found that topic too. However, I'm still in debate whether it should be merged or not because it was merely speculation and all.

Normal/Ghost also has another notable advantage: it is immune to both Ghost + Fighting, which is currently the only two types that allow for unresisted coverage. It also gives one a reason to run both Ghost and Dark moves if that were the case, but they'd probably forgo that for a powerful STAB move or something.

I'm still waiting for my Ice/Fire or Water/Fire...

Water/Fire Would also be cool. What about seeing a Water/Ice type, also?

Cloyster, Lapras and Dewgong are all the Water/Ice types out there, as well as Walrein of course. Most of them are from first gen but they are still pretty good in my opinion. I would say Water by itself is more common, and it has much better typing defensively (with fewer weakness' and more resistances).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for an amazing Grass/Dragon or Dragon/Grass dual-typing. Mainly I want this type for the possibility of it's design. Design-wise... It would be effing fantastic.

It may actually be good competitively, as well. STAB Dragon is good for neutral coverage and STAB Grass could really bring those bulky Water-types to their knees. This is, of course, if it's an offensive Pokémon. Game Freak could troll and make this a defensive Pokémon (which would probably suck, given it's types).

So, yeah. Grass/Dragon or Dragon/Grass. ~STBE