Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

I am in the midst of making some fan events to distribute to friends I trade with on another site. I put the .pkm file in the legality checker, and everything checks out valid, but at the end, it says it is hacked or unknown. I have uploaded one of the .pkm files for you all to check out, as I would like all these that I make (about 21) to pass the check. Please help and tell me what I'm doing wrong .

I just find it weird that everything is valid, but still comes out hacked!

dustox-event.pkm

dustox-event.pkm

It doesn't hatch, you get it from the guy in green at the pokemart.. They'll be ar lv 30 iirc..

Well...when i get the shiny pichu PKM event file from the site...i can only send it over via HypeerGTS, so yes, it does hatch. How would I receive it from the guy at the pokemart?

I finally found a listing of all the VGC09 dates, on Smogon:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542464&postcount=1

About halfway through the post:

Dates:

May 9: Seattle, Washington

May 16: San Francisco, California

May 23: Phoenix, Arizona

May 30: Dallas, Texas

June 6: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

June 13: Nashville, Tennessee

June 27: St. Louis, Missouri

August 14: San Diego, California (Worlds Invite Only)

Additionally there are several European tournaments:

May 30: London, United Kingdom

June 13: Berlin, Germany

June 20: Paris, France

So that does support the June 20th date for the French tournament and Milotic distribution. And as I suspected, Spain wasn't included last year and it was only the UK that was on the 30th.

So then the French Milotic IS fake or replaced with one that was given away May 30th? The date on the PCD is May 30th, 2009 and on this list it was given away on June 20th.

So then the French Milotic IS fake or replaced with one that was given away May 30th? The date on the PCD is May 30th, 2009 and on this list it was given away on June 20th.

Hard to say at this point; it could be as simple as someone having the wrong date setting on their DS... hopefully it'll be cleared up soon.

While this is being discussed, though, I've recently been going through all the PCDs on my hard drive (pretty much everything currently available for download from the event section), and I've come across a few anomolous ones that have strange and/or unexpected values.

1. The first 3 Japanese events: Concert Chatot, and the Pokefesta Magmar and Electabuzz... they've all got very strange distribution values (00BD, 00D7, 00DA). Maybe it was just due to their being such early events; anyone know what was up with these?

2. Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 Pikachu... although this is supposed to be for all Gen IV games (from what I can see about it, anyway), it has a strange 800D value (D/P/Hg/Ss, excluding Platinum).

3. Birthday '08 Charmander. It uses an 800C value (something it has in common with the Shadows of Almia wondercards.. according to Grovyle's Editor that would be a D/P/Hg flag), but I would've thought it should have a normal D/P/Pt flag. I've noticed several of the more recent Birthday events have used a distribution value for yet-to-be released games; I guess since it's a year-long event. But D/P/Hg makes no sense, though, as Platinum was the upcoming game when this Charmander began.

4. WORLD09 Weavile. It's reported everywhere as an all Gen IV event, but it's distribution value is 000C, which only allows for Diamond/Pearl.

1. The first 3 Japanese events: Concert Chatot, and the Pokefesta Magmar and Electabuzz... they've all got very strange distribution values (00BD, 00D7, 00DA). Maybe it was just due to their being such early events; anyone know what was up with these?
Mine are like these too for the first 3 Wonder Card Events for Japan.
2. Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2009 Pikachu... although this is supposed to be for all Gen IV games (from what I can see about it, anyway), it has a strange 800D value (D/P/Hg/Ss, excluding Platinum).
Mine's 801D, probably just extracted wrong. Everything else besides Distro ID seemed valid in Hex. I think I uploaded it when I saw that with the older submission, before file attachments suddenly went down.
3. Birthday '08 Charmander. It uses an 800C value
Mine's 800C too.

Mine's 801D, probably just extracted wrong. Everything else besides Distro ID seemed valid in Hex. I think I uploaded it when I saw that with the older submission, before file attachments suddenly went down.

Really? That's interesting. I downloaded it again off the event section, and the one there is still 800D. Would you mind PM'ing me a link to the file you've got, or something like that?

Poke Festa Magmar and Electabuzz were parallel broadcasts, to Diamond and Pearl respectively.

Yeah, I do know that... but I'd have expected their values to be 0004 and 0008, respectively... at least based on the values that Grovyle's Mystery Gift Editor uses.

4. WORLD09 Weavile. It's reported everywhere as an all Gen IV event, but it's distribution value is 000C, which only allows for Diamond/Pearl.

This one was a slot-2 distribution, so the version restrictions might not apply in that case.

Hey, I need lots and lots of help. I'm wondering if there are ways to get old event pokemon that have already passed. It seems like there is a way to download an event pokemon from the event page of this website. I'm wondering if this is true how i can get it onto my game, and unfortunately you will have to explain it as if u were talking to a 5 year old child because I am in every way new to this event stuff and EV training and all that. So here is my cry for help: HELP!!

Hey, I need lots and lots of help. I'm wondering if there are ways to get old event pokemon that have already passed. It seems like there is a way to download an event pokemon from the event page of this website. I'm wondering if this is true how i can get it onto my game, and unfortunately you will have to explain it as if u were talking to a 5 year old child because I am in every way new to this event stuff and EV training and all that. So here is my cry for help: HELP!!

There are guides posted all over this forum for this kind of stuff. I highly recommend you search for them, read them, then ask specific questions when and if you get stuck.

You'll need a flash cart, an Action Replay, or the knowledge and a working Wi-Fi signal to use sendpkm.exe.

There are guides posted all over this forum for this kind of stuff. I highly recommend you search for them, read them, then ask specific questions when and if you get stuck.

You'll need a flash cart, an Action Replay, or the knowledge and a working Wi-Fi signal to use sendpkm.exe.

It's .py

And HyperGTS is better.

Does the site have the pokepark egg pkm's for Bellsprout (with teeter dance) Oddish (with leech seed) Meowth (with petal dance) poliwag (with sweet kiss)? there was some others i seen on serebii and secure that i didnt see on this sites previous event zip and on the pkmdb site listings too.

I am too looking for these event pokemon, I searched the forums and found nothing. Can anyone share these?

Hey, I'm fairly new to the whole pokesav'ing pokemon so bare with me if my question is too ridiculous.

I want to get a "seemingly-legit" crown suicune but to my understanding, that's a HG/SS pokemon. I figured if I did this through WC it would come out legitimate by any test since the OT would be myself. If I do this through the .pkm file, to my understanding, it will have the OT# and Secret ID of some random individual when checked with the legality.exe.

My dilemma arises in the fact that I don't know how to export a WC to my DS as well as the version issue (would I be able to make a WC for HG/SS using Pokesav in the first place?).

I don't have an AR and the .pkm files I normally transfer using my router as a psuedo GTS.

Hey, I'm fairly new to the whole pokesav'ing pokemon so bare with me if my question is too ridiculous.

I want to get a "seemingly-legit" crown suicune but to my understanding, that's a HG/SS pokemon. I figured if I did this through WC it would come out legitimate by any test since the OT would be myself. If I do this through the .pkm file, to my understanding, it will have the OT# and Secret ID of some random individual when checked with the legality.exe.

My dilemma arises in the fact that I don't know how to export a WC to my DS as well as the version issue (would I be able to make a WC for HG/SS using Pokesav in the first place?).

I don't have an AR and the .pkm files I normally transfer using my router as a psuedo GTS.

Most event pokemon have pre-determined OT, usually depending from the type of events.. So even if you generate your own WC to get the Suicune, the OT will still not be you, because every Crown Suicune generated will have the same japanese OT and ID.. So actually using the .pkm provided will save your trouble playing around with WC..

I have a quick question...I was wondering why the Events tab in pokesav HG SS isn't avalable...I downloaded the pgt files for events I missed for HG, but I can't use them because the tab is unhighlighted..Is there any way to unlock it? I would try the Platinum pokesav method, but I also want to have the wondercard for the event. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find a definite answer as to why the events section isn't there...

Can anyone help me? I do not have AR or any flash carts but I need the NoK Times square shaymin and Character fair Milotic does anybody have a pkm. file? And I already have the wonder card ones any idea how to actually get wonder cards in my game when I buy a AR and/or Flash cart. And I'd like to apologize in advance if this was the wrong section.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, had a quick question.

was looking for the Winner's Path files for the poke-walker, I know it's listed in the event down loads but when I tried to down it.

I get an error saying the page I was look'n for don't exist.

can anyone give me a hand?

~Natasha

Edited by Natasha
testing Signature... which failed patheticly.