Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

I have a few questions:

1. How do you extract pgt and pcd files from wonder cards

2. Is the Shiny Pichu the same as the Pikachu-coloured Pichu? (I haven't been able to find out)

3. Are Aus events the same as European ones?

1. the pcd is the wondercard, you can use grovyle's mystery gift editor to make a pgt from the pcd available here

2. yes they are the same

3. i think so but i dont know so so youll have to wait for someone else to answer that

I think I might just be paranoid but is the French VGC 2009 Milotic in the Event Database, here on Project Pokemon, possibly fake? According to Bulbapedia the French Milotic was given away on June 20th, 2009 (6-20-2009) and no other date. It's also listed as available for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

However, on the PCD hosted HERE it's listed as received on May 30th, 2009 (5-30-2009) and only available for Diamond and Pearl.

Is Bulbapedia wrong or is the Event Pokemon on this site fake?

Bulbapedia

Project Pokemon Event Database

French VGC 2009 Milotic

I think I might just be paranoid but is the French VGC 2009 Milotic in the Event Database, here on Project Pokemon, possibly fake? According to Bulbapedia the French Milotic was given away on June 20th, 2009 (6-20-2009) and no other date. It's also listed as available for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

However, on the PCD hosted HERE it's listed as received on May 30th, 2009 (5-30-2009) and only available for Diamond and Pearl.

Is Bulbapedia wrong or is the Event Pokemon on this site fake?

Bulbapedia

Project Pokemon Event Database

French VGC 2009 Milotic

Bulbapedia is unreliable simply because even a dimwit can make news there and call them real or edit an article or post by someone else. We will look into this.

Bulbapedia is unreliable simply because even a dimwit can make news there and call them real or edit an article or post by someone else. We will look into this.

Thanks. By the way, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to mention this but, the Pikachu ONEMURI links are dead in the Event Section. They lead to a page with the message that the article does not exist.

Edit:

French ALAMOS Darkrai's date received (on the PCD file) is 3-7-2008. The opposite of when it was released: 7-3-2008.

Edited by Mewtwo
French Alamos Darkrai error

I can't find a list of the VGC 2009 European locations, but if last year was anything like this year then Mewtwo may be onto something. This year the UK is on the 29th rather than the 30, and it seems France has been pushed up to the 12th instead being towards the end of the month (maybe to make room for Spain, which is on the 19th... I can't see a Spanish Milotic, so maybe Spain didn't have an 09 event?). The 05309 Trainer ID from the VGC09 Milotic backs up the UK date of the giveaway, as they seem to default to the English-language date when making the trainer ID. Unless the UK and France had their VGC tournaments on the same day last year, something must be up with the French Milotic PCD.

I finally found a listing of all the VGC09 dates, on Smogon:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542464&postcount=1

About halfway through the post:

Dates:

May 9: Seattle, Washington

May 16: San Francisco, California

May 23: Phoenix, Arizona

May 30: Dallas, Texas

June 6: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

June 13: Nashville, Tennessee

June 27: St. Louis, Missouri

August 14: San Diego, California (Worlds Invite Only)

Additionally there are several European tournaments:

May 30: London, United Kingdom

June 13: Berlin, Germany

June 20: Paris, France

So that does support the June 20th date for the French tournament and Milotic distribution. And as I suspected, Spain wasn't included last year and it was only the UK that was on the 30th.

I hope i'm not posting in the wrong forum, but I recently received Italian, German and French SPR2010 Pichus off someone and am trying to check their legality. The ID number is the same for each, but i'm wondering if they're supposed to have different SIDs or not depending on the country they're from (obviously the OT name is different so i see it as a possibility).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Post was merged into the thread. Re-posting it so people will see it.

Is there a program that allows me to download the Yellow Forest PGT and PCD programs exactly the way the mystery gift option works normally? Like the HyperGTS works? Changing my dns to my internal ip on my dns and receiving it that way?

I have an imported Japanese copy of the game(I'm in the US) and I missed the Winner's Path event.

Is there any way I can get this, still?

I know there are some event distros that you can send to friends once you have them, is this one of them? I could just send it over from a downloaded game or something.

I have an imported Japanese copy of the game(I'm in the US) and I missed the Winner's Path event.

Is there any way I can get this, still?

I know there are some event distros that you can send to friends once you have them, is this one of them? I could just send it over from a downloaded game or something.

The event section is back up. Search there.

The event section is back up. Search there.

I see the Champ's Path Course in the list with the .pgt and .pcd files. My question was more along the lines of how would I go about getting that into my game? I'm worked with .pkm stuff with .sav and .nds files before but nothing with legit copies of the game...

I see the Champ's Path Course in the list with the .pgt and .pcd files. My question was more along the lines of how would I go about getting that into my game? I'm worked with .pkm stuff with .sav and .nds files before but nothing with legit copies of the game...

Create an AR code from the PDC and PGT.

@Zealot: Search before asking.