Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

If this isn't the appropriate place please tell me but i think it is. I have Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon X, i know that is possible insert the wondercard with the pokegen, but how is possible insert the wondercard directly into my pokemon black 2? is possible simulate a nintendo hotspot or something like that?

• 1 month later...

Is it alright if we stick all this data in veekun, and if so is there some way I can get it that doesn't involve screenscraping? (I've looked and I don't see anything, although I admit I haven't gone through all forty-two pages of this thread.)

• 6 months later...

Hello all. I have a question about the Japanese movie Diance event happening right now. I am in Japan on vacation and want to try to get it. Has anyone else successfully gotten it with a non-Japanese cartridge/3DS? What do I need to know before going to the theater, and how can I find out where the movie is showing/the Pokemon is being distributed? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Hello all. I have a question about the Japanese movie Diance event happening right now. I am in Japan on vacation and want to try to get it. Has anyone else successfully gotten it with a non-Japanese cartridge/3DS? What do I need to know before going to the theater, and how can I find out where the movie is showing/the Pokemon is being distributed? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

I have not personally gotten it, but I know people who have gotten it on non-Japanese games. Local events (except Nintendo Zone events) are not region-locked in Generation VI. I can't help you with specifically how to get it though.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, LoneZ said:

Hi, are Shiny Tapu Koko region locked to the console? (If so can someone trade me a legit shiny Tapu Koko? Or would changing the "3DS Region" in PKHeX be faster?)

Oh god. not this again.

Hmmm, Serial Code events are usually region locked, and the JP Shiny Tapu Koko is indeed shiny locked.

Just change the 3DS region, sub region and country of the pk7 file!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Cloud9Skywalker said:

Wait, sorry that's not what I meant. If I can use this in PKHex alongside my USA of Gen III.

I'm saying it's legal because, GEN III trading wasn't region locked.
Technical wise, that means importing that exact Mew into your Gen III (of any language) using PKHeX wouldn't be a problem.

Anyhow, Pokemon's original language and game are already stored starting from Gen III,
so even after you transfer it all the way up to Gen VII,
Using PKHeX to check the data, will still (correctly) display that it's Japanese and from Pokemon Emerald.

Example, using my own Faraway Mew:
Capture2.PNG

[This data exists, even when it may not be normally seen in game]

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Hum, do you think there will be a future shiny Volcanion event?

VolcanionSh.jpg

If it was a single card, may have had chance.

However, a bunch of Pokemon in the subset are shiny, so I'll be using subset-tied events as basis.

Thing is, the release of Mythical & Legendary Dream Shine Collection (幻・伝説ドリームキラコレクション)  in Japan mirrored the 20th Anniversary giveaways,
and Japan didn't get any of those Pokemon in the set :/

7 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Is it an upcoming or past Mew event?

Source: twitter @karendaru1989

Mew.jpg

I actually saw this too.
The dates line up with present day, since 11-Jul is Tues (the 火 stands for 火曜日, which is Tuesday),
and furthermore the image to the right shows Ash it wearing the I Choose You Movie hat.

Right now, one of the twitter handles are asking karendaru1989 for source link.

I'm trying to read if any part of that image means distribution, but that remains unclear to me.

/--edit--/
配信モンスター refers to Delivery Monster.
Could refer to overall schedule of delivery/gifts

The words in the Red circle has been seen way too often,
so I won't even need a translation for that:
Densetsu no Pokemon Myuu - Legendary Pokemon Mew
(interesting that they aren't using "Mythical", which is Maboroshii)

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I actually saw this too.
The dates line up with present day, since 11-Jul is Tues (the 火 stands for 火曜日, which is Tuesday),
and furthermore the image to the right shows Ash it wearing the I Choose You Movie hat.

Right now, one of the twitter handles are asking karendaru1989 for source link.

I'm trying to read if any part of that image means distribution, but that remains unclear to me.

I remember a theory about the fact that in the original anime the Ho-Oh Ash saw in first episode was a Mew transformed.

And as I said for this movie: a Mew or a Ho-oh distribution.

Plus, the only way for Japanese players to get it is via the VC distrib last year so it can be possible.

Ok wait and see ^^

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I remember a theory about the fact that in the original anime the Ho-Oh Ash saw in first episode was a Mew transformed.

And as I said for this movie: a Mew or a Ho-oh distribution.

Plus, the only way for Japanese players to get it is via the VC distrib last year so it can be possible.

Ok wait and see ^^

Erm, Mew transforming into Ho-oh was a different Movie altogether.
Pretty sure the Mew into Ho-Oh was nothing more than a fan theory..
(also, Ho-oh being a phoenix, represents rebirth, which is symbolism for Ash and his region hopping journey.
it being a mew will devalue that symbolism. <I read that to, and agree with it> )

And since Ash will get a Rainbow Wing in the M20, it's at least a Ho-oh in this movie. (after 20 years, it's finally being a star in a movie lol)

We already are getting Ho-oh for CoroCoro.
If it's a leaked pamphlet like Shiny Tapu Koko, it may be another use Nintendo Zone to Grab Serial Code type of event.

/--edit--/
I wonder if it's a fake or a mistake, that Mew was referred to as Legendary.
As far as I can tell,
Japanese media releases has always referred to Mew as Mythical.
International/Western releases only started making that distinction Gen V onwards.

Anyhow, I'm curious to what is the Second Distribution in that (allegedly assumed) leaked image.
It's features Ash's something.