Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

Only in .pgf.

You edit your save and add the .pgf with Pokesav or Pokemon Mystery Gift Editor.

Then you can get the pokemon in pokemon center (in game). (and edit again to have .pkm)

Thats the problem, i dont have a flashcart to transfer the save to my PC so I guess I'm screwed :/

You can try to have an emulator + backup of your cartridge to get a .sav on your pc.

Edit this .sav and obtain the Pokemon in (and then .pkm) to send it via wifi on your real game.

(With sendpkmn or hypergts. Correct me if I'm wrong about the software)

You can try to have an emulator + backup of your cartridge to get a .sav on your pc.

Edit this .sav and obtain the Pokemon in (and then .pkm) to send it via wifi on your real game.

(With sendpkmn or hypergts. Correct me if I'm wrong about the software)

I thought on that but still, I can't backup the gamesave with an Action Replay and that's the only thing I have, thanks for the help though, I appreciate it

Or if you could let me know what flashcart would work to backup the save, that would be awesome, I dont want to buy one that wont work for me

Then start a new game on pc just to get the event in .pkm and transfert it via wifi.

Cf Sendpkm or Hypergts.

You don't have to take the sav from your real game. (In my first post I talk about the game backup [rom], not sav backup.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys is there anyone who has obtained a hoenn starter from dw?If so do you remember how you got the password?About a week ago i bought the guide that's supposed to have it but i didn't see any dw pic in it and i don;t understand japanese at all.Any help?

Hey guys is there anyone who has obtained a hoenn starter from dw?If so do you remember how you got the password?About a week ago i bought the guide that's supposed to have it but i didn't see any dw pic in it and i don;t understand japanese at all.Any help?

I believe you need the first version of the book. There is a page that has the password, if you do not have it then that means you have the 2nd version.

~Yui

I believe you need the first version of the book. There is a page that has the password, if you do not have it then that means you have the 2nd version.

~Yui

So the password is in the book,not given separately?Can you remember which page it was in,just to check for the last time?Although i didn't know that the guide was reissued,you are probably right.Here's a link in case someone wants to check,it's what i actually bought

Edited by Dreamer

So the password is in the book,not given separately?Can you remember which page it was in,just to check for the last time?Although i didn't know that the guide was reissued,you are probably right.Here's a link in case someone wants to check,it's what i actually bought

Yeah, the password if found on the book on page 170-something if I recall, I never bought the book so I wouldn't be 100% sure. Hmm... you bought what was from Play-Asia, this reminds me of something I asked them about. Plus, my friend's guide book didn't have the starters picture on the front of the book if I recall.

Dear Yui,

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

Since the guidebook is not in stock, no bonuses are guaranteed to be included when we order from our supplier again.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Michelle

Play-Asia.com

It wasn't much of help, but I'm assuming that there won't be any starters on any guide you buy, my friend's friends bought the book and it didn't have the code for the starters. If you don't find the code anywhere, then you bought the new version of the old guide.

~Yui

The issue I bought has a plastic half-cover thingy that occupy the lower half of the book, with the hoenn starters pic on it.. And in the very back of the book, there's one envelope-like page with the password in it, basically you need to cut some part of the envelope to peek what's inside..

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to convert the .pgf files to .pkm files that I could send via a gts server to my game?

If not, does anybody have the file for the event shiny Hydreigon, or possibly the pokemon itself that they'd be willing to give away?

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?1290-Official-Event-Pokemon-Help-Questions-thread/page37 <- This has been answered a couple of times. I don't think there's really a way, unless you do it via the game and generate it via acquiring the Wonder Card the normal way.

635 Hydreigon (Carlita) [Hardy] 06-17-11.zip

635 Hydreigon (Carlita) [Hardy] 06-17-11.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to somehow resend the events to your game? I know there are downloadable Pokémon from the events but isn't there any way to simply make your computer/a DS to act like the Nintendo WFC and distribute the events?

If not, is there any way at all to unlock the event Pokéwalker courses or the Enigma Stone event?:bidoof:

Nigoli I've a question about korean event, actually we got it on .pgf, so how can I get them on .pkm? (I know this question is everywhere, but I speak about korean pokemon), if you made the process on jap/us cart, you'll have a jap/US name, what do you use for korean name, to let them legal? Thanks.

Nigoli I've a question about korean event, actually we got it on .pgf, so how can I get them on .pkm? (I know this question is everywhere, but I speak about korean pokemon), if you made the process on jap/us cart, you'll have a jap/US name, what do you use for korean name, to let them legal? Thanks.

You receive them on a Korean game?

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the Event Jirachi for DPP, and used mystery gift to put into my Platinum game. afterward, I opened the .sav in Pokésav.

In the "Hometown" area it says "Sinnoh (Diamond)".

I was wondering why it says diamond when I downloaded it into Platinum. Should it say the game where I downloaded it to, or what? I'm just very confused, and I want it to look as though I legitimately got this Pokémon in my Platinum game.

Thanks.

A little help would be nice. I have been trying to get the mewtwo event from the pgf to pokesav to get an ar code. I have gotten the code and everytime I put the code in the whole game freezes before loading. I am most likely doing something wrong and am not realizing it would be nice if someone can point me in the right direction please? Greatly appreciate it or even if they can give me a step by step guide would be even better :D Sorry the the lame problem and really appreciate any help. ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Hello;

I joined this forum specifically to ask the following question, and I am hoping that some one is able to help me. I thank you all in advance for reading the following post, and I apologize if I did not word it as succinctly as it could be.

I purchased Pokemon Black Version the week it came out in the US, got my Liberty Pass during the time frame of the event, and got a Victin the 100% legitimate way in-game by going to Liberty Garden. I played the game for a few weeks after beating the story, then got caught up doing other things for a while and forgot about the game for several months. A couple of weeks ago, I picked up the game again and noticed that my Black City was deserted, so I decided to erase my save game and start over and play through the story again. It completely slipped my mind at the time that this meant my Liberty Pass was permanently gone. I now have no idea how to acquire it. I have never done any file editing for games, be they computer or console games, so I have no idea what I am doing. I took a look over at another Pokemon site that deals with an online Pokesav GTS thing, thinking that perhaps I could just send myself a Pokemon through the GTS that was holding a Liberty Pass. This does not work; the NPC at the boat does not recognize me as having the Liberty Pass, despite having it in my inventory. I realize that I could just send myself a Victini over the GTS, and from what I understand it can be done in such a way as to make it look "legitimate". But I don't want to do that. I want to be able to actually go to Liberty Garden again. I really wish they had just included a code inside the box so that you could get a Victini again even if you erased your save game.

TL/DR—I have no idea what I am doing and I would like someone to hold my hand and give me a step-by-step guide on exactly what I need to do, starting with the assumption that I have no third-party programs or previous knowledge about this, to acquire a functional Liberty Pass on my copy of Pokemon Black Version so that I can access Liberty Garden.

Again, thank you all in advance for reading this post.

I'm sorry to say, but you need some kind of 3rd party device if you odn't want to use the GTS hack. If you don't get a USB backup device (described at the bottom of this post: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16601-How-to-Backup-Restore-your-retail-cartridge-save-file-(D-P-Pt-HG-SS-B-W-Nearly-any-other-DS-game)), or an Action Replay (unless you use a 3DS, then it won't work), then this will not even be possible.

If you get a USB backup device (I have the NDS Backup Adapter, but the SMS4 is also a good choice), then you will want to find the liberty pass PGF, and use the Mystery Gift Editor to add it.

If you get an Action Replay, use the Mystery Gift Editor to create an Action Replay code.

If you need more help, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I hope this is the right place to ask, and I've done some basic research around the site, but I haven't found what I'm looking for..

I've just found this site tonight, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I've never worked with any programs for downloading pokemon and sending them to a game.

All I want to do is take event pokemon from this website and get them to my HG on my basic DS. I don't know what most of this stuff means, but I'd like basic steps to do basic transfering.

If I'm in the wrong territory, I would like someone to politely redirect me to where my question can be answered, or for someone to open a chat with me to walk me through it. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know where to start. :/

EDIT: Okay, so, I'm starting here: http://projectpokemon.org/gts/

So, I downloaded a version of Python 2.7 and I downloaded IR-GTS.. The computer I'm on doesn't have Wi-fi, so I'm going to copy the programs to a flash drive, so that I can copy them to a computer that has Wi-Fi access. When I'm able to do so, I'll run the program and change my DS' wireless set-up. All I have to do is follow the directions, making sure to shut off auto-detect dns, and enter the IP address into both the primary and secondary dns entries and it should work after I save?

So, then I have to convert the gen. IV pokemon files in Pokegen? What if it doesn't accept the file type of event pokemon that I downloaded from:here when I try to open them in my pokegen?

EDIT EDIT: Okay, so I couldn't figure out how to convert the file, so I used PokeGen to make a Celebi with the same stats as the one described being given out as Winter Celebi USA from the Event Pokemon download page. Should that work about the same if I want to have the Celebi event play for my DS? Is there any easier way to do this?? @_@;

Okay, Okay. I found a link to a forum that had a similar question about converting .pgf files into .pkm files. It led me: here, I downloaded a version of Pokesav for HGSS, but I checked the file that saved when I downloaded Winter Celebi and it saved a .pgt file and a .pcd file. Neither of which are .pgf, durr, how does I edit my save to .pgf? T-T

Edited by cherriberripai